Help Scam e-mail

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Hi all.

I have just received a scam email, not unusual but this one has worried me as it has my full name and address in it.

It appears to come from a company that does apprentice training (not debt collection) for a debt owed to a company that makes wax and oil fabric clothes and sails. It has a link in it to a printable version of the invoice which points to a domain for a Danish company with a shit website that seems not to actually do anything. I've not clicked the link obviously just googled the domain.

Here is the text

Dear My Name,

Regarding the amount due 1678.85 GBP, we act on behalf of The British Millerain Co Ltd in order to collect the outstanding account value of your debt.

We would like to remind you that the amount above was due for payment on 24.03.16 but as no payment has been received, your invoice is now considered as overdue. Please find a printable version of your invoice at the following link:
http://bomhuset.dk/ index.php?i= v499016jo&h=--pix ;

Original invoice will be sent out to:
My Name
My Address
My Postcode

In order to avoid further costs, please forward the payment to us and transfer the amount due not later than 14.04.16

Sincerely,
Nicholas Chandler

The email was from nchandler@pmtraining.org.uk

I know this probably isn't the place to post this, but it has me quite spooked, is there anything I can or should do?

Thanks

Agell

One of Freddy's beloved
My wife had one similar last night too, same wording but from a different company with her full address details. We had a dodgy tenant and thought it might be related. I did a quick check on www.clearscore.com (a free credit check site like experian) and nothing showed up against our old address, so just binned the email.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Names don't add up chum. It's a scam. Why would a company named "pmtraining" be mailing on behalf of another company? The name they claim to represent seems UK, eg "The British Millerain Co Ltd" but the link goes to a Danish site for clothes and toys?

Tbh for an amount like that...if the invoice isn't attached or you have not had a physical copy sent to you (as they know your address) then fuck it tbh. Scaaaam and or haaaaaax. Delete it and enjoy your life.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Thanks guys, in never normally bothered by scams, most are laughable, but really don't like that they have my name address and e-mail. I'll not let it stop me sleeping though. :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Try googling yourself with your name and email address, see if you can find your physical address somewhere. That may be how they do it, or it may be one of those hacked databases we hear about in the news.

Either way, ignore it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Your details will have been leaked in one of the many huge data breaches over the last couple of years. Now scammers are using them. The cost of trusting companies with our personal data.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Getting a fraudulent invoice is indeed a step up from just a random scam mail. Have you reported it to some sort of instance or just threw it away?

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I'd already deleted it by the time Syri posted his link. But there were plenty of people who did report it so I doubt if have made much difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom