Asylum Seekers; Yay or Nay?

Should we be a lot more lenient on asylum seekers from the Middle East?

• Yay

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You are just trying everything to weasle out of the facts, partly due to a desire to contradict everything I post and also to grab the intellectual high ground, but you are starting to look silly, the facts speak for themselves and trying to dodge the truth with 'why don't you just say London' is just nahnah arguing.
No doubt Swedish and Spanish migrants settle in the population areas and don't hike off into Swedens artic wilderness, but still England has practically no wilderness left, a few national parks..though Scouse would like them covered in social housing...
The green belt shrinks everyear, what was three seperate towns by us only 30 years ago is now one continous urban sprawl and they are now building sideways.

I mean really...

london_olympics_500.jpg

Your argument is a giant bucket of bullshit. Either you're applying the population density argument to the country where people are applying (e.g. The UK, not England) or you're not. Because the population density of where people actually live, and the population density of the whole country, are not related. And if they're not related, your argument is moot.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
England is full you twats, we should be reducing population if we could (which we can't) .

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We should but the biggest problem is the arseholes who have 15 kids

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
England is terribly overpopulated, the UK not so if you take into account giant swathes of Scotland and Wales that are practically impossible to live in.
Regardless of your political leaning , you have to accept that overpopulation benefits the super rich and that is why it is being allowed to happen, more proles per sqft equals more money and influence in the bank, our suffering is irrelevant because the flight lanes for helicopters are nice and empty, England is becoming a giant workhouse and they are letting in the even more desperate to stop the long terms occupants getting comfortable.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
England wasn't full before the financial crisis.

Just saying.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
second time you've quoted the DM on those figures Job. you're like a stuck record :-(

Job

It wasnt from the DM and how predictably tiresome to dis facts based on your own prejudice against the source.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
To be fair though, you do come out with an awful lot of bollocks.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Have any of the people saying England is full ever actually travelled around much of England?

Peak District - empty as fuck.
Shropshire - empty as fuck.
Norfolk - empty as fuck.
Cornwall - empty as fuck.
Yorkshire Dales - empty as fuck.
Kielder - empty as fuck.

I can go 20 miles from my front door and be in the same place the Moors Murderers buried their victims - it's so desolate that in places you can hear only the wind. 15 miles from Manchester.

Stop being silly. There's tonnes of room in this country. Stop thinking that London = UK, it doesn't.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah except what you think is empty (because you are a stupid towny) isn't empty at all.

Oh, field, empty.

No.

Besides which, the North is boring and depressing, which is why nobody lives there.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah except what you think is empty (because you are a stupid towny) isn't empty at all.

Oh, field, empty.

No
What?! Is moorland swarming with invisible commercial developments that hire poorly educated minimum wage non-English speaking immigrants who steal the jobs of well qualified and hard working British nationals?

Well bugger me!

Job

Jesus fuck, the most populous country in Europe and people here are trying to argue a point by mentioning the very last of our beautiful countryside, including a national park.
The North isnt boring and Londoners have been brainwashed into believing everything goes grey after Watford.
To me 70% of London is a shithole, numbfucking overcrowding, commuter chaos all held together by their obsession with insane house prices.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Jesus fuck, the most populous country in Europe and people here are trying to argue a point by mentioning the very last of our beautiful countryside, including a national park.
The North isnt boring and Londoners have been brainwashed into believing everything goes grey after Watford.
To me 70% of London is a shithole, numbfucking overcrowding, commuter chaos all held together by their obsession with insane house prices.

3rd in eu and 5th if you consider russia and turkey to be part of "Europe"

But there are ofc many EU countries with "space"

Finland is almost the size of germany but has half the population of Belgium

DaGaffer

The UK isn't the most populous country by any measure, absolute or by density. Too much Britain First is rotting your brain.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I lazily went to Wikipedia which suggests that the UK is the fourth most populous country in Europe, at 246 people per square km. Another Wiki page puts it at 262 per sq km, which is 51st in the world. I don't know about Macau in China (21,224 per sq km) but I've been to Monaco, second on the list at 18,713 per sq km, and that place really is stuffed full.

To get anywhere close to Monaco think how many times the UK's population would need to double. It isn't ever, ever going to happen. Not even close. So stop bloody worrying about it and instead worry about who's going to pay for your pension when you're 80.

DaGaffer

I lazily went to Wikipedia which suggests that the UK is the fourth most populous country in Europe, at 246 people per square km. Another Wiki page puts it at 262 per sq km, which is 51st in the world. I don't know about Macau in China (21,224 per sq km) but I've been to Monaco, second on the list at 18,713 per sq km, and that place really is stuffed full.

To get anywhere close to Monaco think how many times the UK's population would need to double. It isn't ever, ever going to happen. Not even close. So stop bloody worrying about it and instead worry about who's going to pay for your pension when you're 80.

I think the likes of Monaco might be discounted as outliers, but Belgium and the Netherlands are more pertinent comparisons, with much higher population densities than the UK and much higher migrant applications, both absolute and per cap. That is of course if you use measures as crude as population density in the first place.

The issue with migrants isn't about absolute numbers, its about the rate of change and the ability of infrastructure and public services to keep up, but in the UK that was already an issue in the South East before the migrant crisis started, and it wasn't primarily caused by foreigners; it was caused by the northerners like me (and midlanders, and Welsh, Scots and Irish) moving to South-East on the advice of Norman Tebbitt, and radically swelling the population of the Home Counties over the last 20-25 years. Migrants are a drop in the ocean compared to that structural change.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Again it really isn't going to be a question of population density that actually matters.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
None of it matters. The whole argument is kinda pointless. Immigration isn't fucking anything up for anyone apart from people who like predominantly 'white' culture and who fear the loss of that. But fuck 'em.

Job

England not UK, how many times do I have to say it.

The problem is Scouse, is that white christiand won't go quietly, history proves that every century a huge surge of nationalism causes havoc across Europe, and forced integration is often to blame.

DaGaffer

The problem is Scouse, is that white christiand won't go quietly, history proves that every century a huge surge of nationalism causes havoc across Europe, and forced integration is often to blame.

You can say it all you fucking like, but as I said before, no one applies for asylum to "England".

Gwadien

I'm more concerned that in 30 years time we won't have a good enough infrastructure to cope with old people and all the immigrants that we'll be paying to come and work here and keep their families at home.

By that point I'd imagine that itll be a case of lol actually maybe under David Cameron we shouldn't have ring fenced budgets for infrastructural departments which prop up growth.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
history proves that every century a huge surge of nationalism causes havoc across Europe, and forced integration is often to blame.

not the kind of integration you're talking about. nationalism generally grows from a rejection of foreign control rather than an incorporation of foreign elements.

Gwadien

not the kind of integration you're talking about. nationalism generally grows from a rejection of foreign control rather than an incorporation of foreign elements.

The reality is that we haven't seen this kind of immigration to which the Government backhandedly considers hostile.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there wasn't a state sponsored dislike towards the 'Pakis' in the 70s and 80s and even there was more of a degree of political correctness when addressing the pesky Irish.

I thought it was quite interesting last night on Question Time, basically there's been a cut to the budget which teaches foreign people English, and Cameron basically said they need to focus on teaching Muslims how to speak English to reduce suicide bombing threats and domestic violence.

Using education budgets to this extent. (Sure a bit on the side in schools is fine) but diverting an entire budget for security is ridiculous, Muslims aren't stupid, they'll feel targeted because of it and what about other people which wanna integrate? Do they need to convert to Islam and report their children for being suspected bombers?

Job

The Nazis dredged up nationalism by finding a common enemy, ie the Jews, this huge Muslim migrant influx could not be a better comparison.
It is the major factor behind anti EU feelings in the UK, no matter what clever excuses people give, it's xenophobia driving a referendum that is on a knife edge, the Daily Express poll is running around 94% for a Brexit, considering the readership, you can bet that migration is the major concern.

DaGaffer

Excuse me, where does "history" show that?

DaGaffer

Yes they do, 90% of migrants settle in England.

No they do not apply for asylum to England. England does not exist as an independent state. Where they settle reflects the population centres of the country (the UK) as a whole. You keep trying to make a ridiculous argument about England being full, and that the rest of the UK doesn't count in your calculations of "fullness" because...fuck knows. You keep arguing about the population density of "England" like everybody is equally distributed across the place and we all get a field each or something. Its absolutely fucking irrelevant. If a million migrants paddled over to Dover tomorrow, in Liverpool you'd probably see the population rise by...about 7000, but given that Liverpool has about 300,000 people less now that when you were born (I'm guessing late sixties early seventies), who gives a fuck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom