Asylum Seekers; Yay or Nay?

Should we be a lot more lenient on asylum seekers from the Middle East?

• Yay

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes Liverpool is quite empty because it went from richer than London to flat broke.
The UK argument is irrelevant migrants get accepted to Europe and can then go anywhere..atm.
It's where they settle and Liverpools past shows that migrants flock to where the money is and find themselves in a pit of corruption and crime.
Europe is becoming one huge goldrush for African migrants, conflict is the only outcome.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So therefore we can easily fit 300,000 in Liverpool?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Job doesn't want extra brown people here, it's got fuck all to do with capacity issues.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I thought the whole point of resettling the refugees and assorted Hot Cosby Enthusiasts who have joined them on the trip was to show compassion - and you want to send them to fucking Liverpool???!

Jaysus....

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I saw on East Midlands Today a month or so ago, they were talking about sending loads of Syrian refugees to Nottingham. The accompanying video showed a load of burning buildings and I thought "why would you send the poor bastards there?".

Job

The North takes the bulk of the immigrants, Birmingham for instance has the some of the worst child poverty and infant mortality in the western world.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What's your point? 5 to a room in a tiny slum or 500 to a collapsed tower block in Aleppo?

err...

That there were more people in Liverpool in the thirties because everyone lived in shitholes.

Job

Beyond shitholes, they lived on top of each other, fleas, knits, rats, sewerage, dysenntary, typhoid.
They would regularly go in and shave all their heads and fumigate/burn the rooms.
Liverpool docks made the Jungle camp look like tge Ritz.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
err...

That there were more people in Liverpool in the thirties because everyone lived in shitholes.

Oh ffs. Fine, there were still 600 odd thousand in the 70s. They still lived in shitholes, because its Liverpool obviously, but not 1930s slums. Happy now?

(And FWIW by 1930s standards they didn't live in shitholes, Liverpool actually had a pretty high standard of living back then; relative to everywhere else in the urban UK, Liverpool was alright. The drastic decline of Liverpool didn't really start to bite until the 70s and the UK's pivot towards European trade at the expense of the Commonwealth).

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
The North takes the bulk of the immigrants, Birmingham for instance has the some of the worst child poverty and infant mortality in the western world.

Are you just linking random things now Job? Are you saying that the relatively high child poverty and infant mortality numbers in Birmingham have something to do with immigration? I try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but unfortunately about 20 seconds worth of using google shows me that you're spouting nonsense again.

According to UNICEF the UK is, on average, a fairly decent place to live. By fairly decent I mean top 10 in the world. According to diverse UK child poverty groups like CPAG, on average, the worst place you can be a child in the UK is London (don't worry Job, they also mention Birmingham). Note: this is a comparatively speaking, because..uh...you know, top 10 in the world of best places to live and all that. Regarding infant mortality, according to the WHO the UK has had a stable 4/1000 average infant mortality rate in the past 5 years with a slight downward trend. This is exactly the same as the average infant mortality in the entire EU, which to be honest I would say means the rate in the UK...is fairly awesome.

Bodhi

Birmingham is in the North is it now? Typical fucking southerners forgetting the Midlands exists!

Gwadien

London is a capital city, perhaps one of the top 5 cities in the world. (Pls don't quote)

Of course it's going to be fucking over crowded.

Go cry to Tokyo, they'll laugh at you from their fucking bedrooms.

Literally, a room, with a bed.

Again, of you're moaning about the cost of living etc in London, blame capitalism, not overcrowding or fucking immigrants.

As someone once said - Job hasn't got an issue with overcrowding, he's got a problem with brown people

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Birmingham is in the North is it now? Typical fucking southerners forgetting the Midlands exists!

Silly person, it isn't in the north of the UK, or even England, it's the north of London and a little bit above it. Stop trying to sway the argument!

Job

It cannot just be a coincidence that Birminghams infant mortality rate is twice the national average and also happens to be a huge immigration center.
I'm not saying immigrants are throwing their kids out of the windows, but in large communities with language problems and more of a cultural tendency towards leaving children to fend for themselves is quite possibly the reason.

DaGaffer

It cannot just be a coincidence that Birminghams infant mortality rate is twice the national average and also happens to be a huge immigration center.
I'm not saying immigrants are throwing their kids out of the windows, but in large communities with language problems and more of a cultural tendency towards leaving children to fend for themselves is quite possibly the reason.

Yes, but it's not connected to the current asylum crisis is it? Birmingham has had this problem for 15-20 years. And you know the other correlation with infant mortality rates? Poverty. There may well be a colour angle to Birminghams problems, but you can be absolutely certain there's a money angle.

Job

I would call the current asylum/actually migration problem simply ongoing.for the last 20 years, too many cultures, too quickly with little integration and huge ghetto problems.

Gwadien

States make ghettos, not the people.

There's ghettos in Leicester used to be a black one called Highfields, now it's Muslim, people have moaned recently because the Muslims have taken it over...

There's loads of mosques in Highfields, Muslim landlords charge the earth for poor Muslims to live there in shit conditions, but at the root of it is the States failure to properly place people and they just stick them in areas where it will be easy for them to manage but now they cant.

It's ridiculous really, I'd much rather have an Asylum seeking family on my road, youd see a couple from India, a few white couples, a Muslim family, a family from Ethiopia, and my lord, because its a relatively small street they'd be welcomed.

Whereas if you put them inner city with chavs who read the daily mail and follow Britain First then there's no suprise that they'll get treated badly.

DaGaffer

States make ghettos, not the people.

Hmm, not entirely convinced by that; birds of a feather etc. Let's put it this way, white expats and retirees who move to Spain or Cyprus or Dubai tend to colonise certain areas. Its a fairly consistent desire to mix with your own that transcends cultures.

Job

You like to call me a racist, but I'd much rather have an Indian family in my street that a white benefits chav.
I just wouldn't want my entire street taken over in 10 years, it's simply a sadness to see your culture pushed out of where you grew up, it happens all the time, but no one is even allowed to THINK it's a bad thing, let alone organise a group to complain about it.

Bodhi

That is one way the French have it spot on. You're welcome to move here, but you're expected to integrate with French culture, not the other way round.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You like to call me a racist, but I'd much rather have an Indian family in my street that a white benefits chav.

Wow, so in your mind the two aren't that far off. I wonder why he calls you racist.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Tbh the only people who can rightly moan about any foriegn cultures coming into the UK is the Celts, everyone else is just a product of some earlier instance of culture intergration

Bodhi

Tbh the only people who can rightly moan about any foriegn cultures coming into the UK is the Celts, everyone else is just a product of some earlier instance of culture intergration

Strictly speaking you're correct, however as the earlier instances were about a thousand years ago, I'd say that was fairly moot.

I don't think it's too much of an ask that if you move to a new country to live you don't start asking them to change to suit your needs, and you leave your rapey and female subjugation tendencies at home.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Dont think anyone is arguing with that and im pretty sure the rapes ect will be dealt with in the same way all the english rapes are dealt with

I fully agree they should have to learn our ways btw

Job

True, but it would seem there more deviant sexual activities seem to be more acceptable to them than we are used to, the 22yr old Iraqi who raped a 10 year old boy in the baths changing room, then went back to swimming, upon arrest claimed it was a sexual emergency..he hadn't had sex for three months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom