• No, though ur a nice laddy :)

Votes: 86 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
evzy said:
CBA to read it all - read first 3 pages, but is it me or is everyone who is moaning about arti repair costs moaning that it costs too much to repair their 48282 arti's - which they somehow managed to afford at the time / buy scrolls for etc, pay for MP for the rest of the suit - all costs - so ....how on earth did you all afford that if you can't rake a plat together to repair ya items?

because, then we HAD to go pve, to get the toon ready for rvr..

now the toon(s) is/are ready, i wanne go rvr and don't get frigging fed up with pve again.:(

Lethul

FH is my second home
Shouldnt the amount you have to spend or repairs be linear with how much you play? so saying "im not a powergamer so i cant afford this prices" is a useless argument. Arti repair is good and worth it, if you cant be arsed to pve once a month stop using that malice and gov and get some regular drop items.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Dukat said:
Dont get me wrong here, I have the cash, but why should I pay that much for maintenance?

Because you won the O-T BR... pay up!! :twak:

Dukat

Resident Freddy
evzy said:
Because you won the O-T BR... pay up!! :twak:

Pfft, talk to mey about that, I still havent got my elephant :(

on that note, im going to go and post another elephant pictar in the BR2 post lol :D

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Let’s rip this post apart and comment it.
Dukat said:
I think the idea that to compete I have to play 24/7 is shite imo.
Say WHAT?? You do not have to play 24/7 to be able to compete. You have to play about a few days a week to be able to compete. If you are a casual player, do you expect to be as good in RvR as the ppl that play every day??

Dukat said:
Where on the CoC does it say that the amount of hours per week I play is directly proportional to the amount of artifacts that I am allowed to have in my template?
Nowhere. It’s a choice you have to make. Do you want to be uber and elite etc. you have to work for it or do you just want to be average with 2-3 artis etc. There isn’t really that big a different really. Does having 3 artis instead of 7 gimp you so much that you can’t compete in RvR?? Naa, not really. Are you able to repair your artis with the gold you earn in RvR if you only have 2-3 artis?? Yep, if you aren’t a total gimp.

Dukat said:
The arguements for the enconomy make no sense - "The amount of money made needs to be spent" I can understand, however, when the amount required to be spent far outweights the amount made, there is something wrong. The economy is no longer balanced.
Hmm ok. Why are prices so high?? Because ppl in general have a lot of money. In the situation we are in now, the prices to craft 100% qual items is pathetic low. What was for the few is a must for everyone now. MPs instead of 99% for casual players?? Yes something is wrong. There are too many money in the game atm. Should the “elite” player be awarded for his hard work? Yes ofc he should and therefore the casual player SHOULDN’T get everything handed to him. So don’t set your mind to having the best if you don’t have time to play.

Dukat said:
Now that I'm lvl 50, I have a template sorted and I've got my ML's, Ithe character should be low-maintenance, I should now beable to spend more time in RvR than in forced PvE.
IF you, as a casual player WANT to have the best template and have all the uber artis, then you have to PvE about 1-2 hour a few times every year. Read my example somewhere in this thread.

xxManiacxx said:
if u cant pay the price dont expect to wear the best.
EXACTLY!!!

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Can agree to many things, but the Arti repair price is to high atm it should be abit higher sure, but atm it's just silly, let people spend money on something else then repairing their artis tbh.

*Wonder if kathal will come with another I think the price is right and I love PvE post now.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
If anyone was wondering . . . I LOVE PvE ;)

Naa I'm kidding.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
well there's an idea,why not make other things more expensive, things that only rich people can pay for???
and not the poor elves.. i mean me..:)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
well there's an idea,why not make other things more expensive, things that only rich people can pay for???
and not the poor elves.. i mean me..:)
Something you CAN use in the endgame (RvR) that is worth paying for?? Something you don’t NEED to play?? JUST like artis??
As I said . . . use 2-3 artis instead of 6-7 artis and you will be able to pay for the repairs with the money you earn in RvR.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Kathal said:
use 2-3 artis instead of 6-7 artis and you will be able to pay for the repairs with the money you earn in RvR.

I recently repaired 3 of the arti's I use the most (SoM, GoV and WH), the repairs cost me 4p total.

I tend not to earn that sort of money on my scout :(

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
Something you CAN use in the endgame (RvR) that is worth paying for?? Something you don’t NEED to play?? JUST like artis??
As I said . . . use 2-3 artis instead of 6-7 artis and you will be able to pay for the repairs with the money you earn in RvR.

I think all should get Lowered repair cost in a future patch, except kathal as he seem to like it he can keep it tbh.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
I recently repaired 3 of the arti's I use the most (SoM, GoV and WH), the repairs cost me 4p total.

I tend not to earn that sort of money on my scout :(
When did you repair your artis the last time? Before the arti repair patch?

Elrandhir said:
I think all should get Lowered repair cost in a future patch, except kathal as he seem to like it he can keep it tbh.
I guess this discussion is too complicated for you. Go away.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Kathal said:

need? artis are needed! withouth em a chanter is useless..

why not make a smith say: i can repair ur artifacts for 250g per piece.. and for 3+ i give 50% price reduction?

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
need? artis are needed! withouth em a chanter is useless..

why not make a smith say: i can repair ur artifacts for 250g per piece.. and for 3+ i give 50% price reduction?
B e c a u s e . . . PERFECT templates shouldn’t be for everyone. If it’s too easy to get/have the perfect template we would see perfect templates on everyone and that’s not what we want. Then we might as well get the items when we ding lvl 50.
You DONT need 7 artis to compete. If you say you do you are just using it as an excuse when the truth is that you suck big time.
Settle for less than perfect and enjoy your RvR.

And for the dumb ppl that don’t get it I'll repeat:
ALL CASUAL PLAYERS settle for less than perfect and stop whining.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
B e c a u s e . . . PERFECT templates shouldn’t be for everyone. If it’s too easy to get/have the perfect template we would see perfect templates on everyone and that’s not what we want. Then we might as well get the items when we ding lvl 50.
You DONT need 7 artis to compete. If you say you do you are just using it as an excuse when the truth is that you suck big time.

You'r replies seems to be of lesser and lesser value tbh, seems you just continue this to have the last word really, because the agrument themselfes are vague.

dosent really matter what you think though as it aint you deciding how it will be, and if enough think it's to high then it will probably change is some comming patch.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
You'r replies seems to be of lesser and lesser value tbh,
Elrandhir said:
Whatever :rolleyes:

Elrandhir said:
seems you just continue this to have the last word really, because the agrument themselfes are vague.
Hmm, so YOU think everyone should be able to get the perfect template? Even the casual player that plays 1-3 hours every week?

PS. I know that this question won’t be answered due to the fact that Elrandhir don’t bring anything to the discussion. He post but it has nothing to do with weather the arti prices is fair or not or if there in fact is a reason why the prices is so high.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
I have made my point, or rather you proved my point ;D
Read the rest of my post moron.
Read from post nr 131 and forward and then stfu.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
Read the rest of my post moron.

haha, you'r posts just keep getting better, I see that you'r just after haveing the last word said, right or wrong, and well I don't care that much I guess about the Artiprice myself as I don't have a problem paying it, but I do understand those wanting it lower and I wouldent mind seeing it become so.

Just Drop it Khatal, you'r posts are abit pointless and Narrowsighted tbh.

Even though mine has become so also because his is probably already posted more or less before, so I will stop my posting now ;D

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
haha, you'r posts just keep getting better, I see that you'r just after haveing the last word said, right or wrong
We had a good discussion, but then you come with your mindless comments, so I said go away. You didn’t and you came with even more pointless crap. Your posts have NOTHING to do with what we were discussing. Pointless posts.

Elrandhir said:
well I don't care that much I guess about the Artiprice myself as I don't have a problem paying it
So go away. Why do you post anyways? You can’t even answer my questions. Its not like they are complicated or anything. Are you stupid or something?

Elrandhir said:
Just Drop it Khatal, you'r posts are abit pointless and Narrowsighted tbh.
Well I have a point in most of my posts, but you kinda ignore them because you don’t have the brain to contribute to this discussion. And btw it's Kathal. You can't even get my name right, bright fella :rolleyes:

Elrandhir said:
Even though mine has become so also because his is probably already posted more or less before, so I will stop my posting now ;D
Thx.

Yey I was right. :kissit:
Kathal said:
PS. I know that this question won’t be answered due to the fact that Elrandhir don’t bring anything to the discussion. He post but it has nothing to do with weather the arti prices is fair or not or if there in fact is a reason why the prices is so high.

PS. Elrandhir HAVEN'T posted in this thread for the last time. More pointless crap inc.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Sad to see a couple of people take this thread down into a flame fest.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Ryuno said:
Glad you agree with me on that. I just cant see who the second person is. Elrandhir is one and the second is . . . ?

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Ohwell guess Il post 1 last then to make khatal statement right.

Yeah my post have been pointless as of late, just wanted to post whatever to see all you'r smart comments.

Really funny to see how someone just needs to be right and have to disagree with everyone.

As I said the Majority will still make whatever will happen, happen in future patches, so it's up to what most thinks tbh.

No more pointless posts from me now /Bye

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
PS. Elrandhir HAVEN'T posted in this thread for the last time. More pointless crap inc.
Once again I predict what Elrandhir will/will not do. Well simple minds are easy to predict.

Elrandhir said:
Ohwell guess Il post 1 last then to make khatal statement right.
Kathal and not khatal. It’s quite easy. :rolleyes:

Elrandhir said:
Yeah my post have been pointless as of late, just wanted to post whatever to see all you'r smart comments.
Smart comments. Hmm cant say the same about your comments. As I said:
Kathal said:
I guess this discussion is too complicated for you. Go away.

Elrandhir said:
Really funny to see how someone just needs to be right and have to disagree with everyone.
You need to read this thread again. I agree with many in this thread and disagree with a few. You seem to miss my point in all this, but then again this is way too complicated for you.

Elrandhir said:
No more pointless posts from me now /Bye
Thx, now stay away clown.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Ryuno said:

have to agree, why people cant state thier own opinions without interfering with the opinions of others is something I do not understand in most cases.

Kathal said:
I just cant see who the second person is. Elrandhir is one and the second is . . . ?

Honestly? You, and you surely have to see that at the least? You have valid points in what you say - some of which I agree with, some I dont - but that does not make the points of others any less valid.

Being pedantic in the way you pick holes in the opinions of others and doing it in a patronising and demeaning manner will just make things degenerate into outright mindless flame, and you are obviously intelligent enough to see that this is exactly what will happen (and has already started to), so I have to ask, why?

I myself feel the game should be a little more dependant on skill and a little less dependant on the amount of time spent, I am well aware that DAoC an RPG and time sinks are nothing new to me, however there are degree's of this and I believe the current situation has gone too far.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Kathal said:

actually you DO NEED 7 ARTIS TO COMPETE!
for a caster:
2 morph artis
mezz blocker arti
gov arti
cloudsong arti
jacina (power) arti
(tart/dr weapon)

if i havent got mezz blocker im fucked
if i aint morphed 24/7 im fucked
if i dont get gov /cs , im not invited in groups
if i dont have jacina... im oop as soon as ...
tart dr weapon same.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
What are you people on about...

Only repair items with +skill, and all armour/weapons.

ie on my sorc: GoV, Scalars, Foppish, CL staff...I don't repair Jacinas, Zo, CB, Croc Ring - there's no point.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
never had problems with arti repair prices

think rvr pretty much pays it if you repair only the artis that really need repairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom