Votes: 447 83.9%
  • No, though ur a nice laddy :)

Votes: 86 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
It is allmost impossible for random players (note: players that play 0-10 hours in a week max, so 50 hours a week aint random:p) to pay artifacts, my chatner has about 7 of em. Rvr'ing, the cash that i deserve killing people... is just enough to repair artifacts..

Gooing pve? right, i got no bb, so i cant really 'farm' that much/fast.
So my artis are about on 96% when i ahve 1p... wich is hey! my repair costs.. on all artifacts that gone lower duration.

this is INSANE.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
work out some artifacts then? seriously dont need 7 artifacts in a chanter template. gov/cs/cb/scalars/croc ring? and bear in mind only artifacts with +skills or armour need to be repaired? with champ staff u should only have to repair 3 maybe 4 tops..

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Only need to repair Armour/Staff.

So thats GoV,Scalars and Tarts for most.

3 items isn't that expensive.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
Only need to repair Armour/Staff.

So thats GoV,Scalars and Tarts for most.

3 items isn't that expensive.

tart gov scalar cb, jacina, ctr (awesom ring btw).

thats atleast 6. sometimes i use snatcher aswel for the +dex cap, and charm for +5 power regen

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
do charges work when the item is at 70% con?

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
AngelHeal said:
tart gov scalar cb, jacina, ctr (awesom ring btw).

thats atleast 6. sometimes i use snatcher aswel for the +dex cap, and charm for +5 power regen

tarts = yes

gov = yes

scalar = yes

cb = no. charges work at 70%

jacina = no.

ctr = no.

snatcher = no

eriny = probably no, but im just assuming the lev 10 ability still works.
there, i halved your weekly spending.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Elitestoner said:
tarts = yes

gov = yes

scalar = yes

cb = no. charges work at 70%

jacina = no.

ctr = no.

snatcher = no

eriny = probably no, but im just assuming the lev 10 ability still works.
there, i halved your weekly spending.

and by alternating my temp, ey thats cash again!

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
AngelHeal said:

which ones?
I bet half of them don't need repairing anyway.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
the only ones you need to repair are armour and weapons, pointless repairing anything else unless it has +skill on it. price is a bit much, though far better than having broken artifacts tbh. voted its fine the way it is.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
which ones?
I bet half of them don't need repairing anyway.

ok if i wanne alter my temp, im gonne use dr staff, no snatcher, maybe ctr,.... i need new sc, new armor new alch..

armor hmm mp, pretty lot money for a player that doesnt play that much.
sc, pretty expensive for a player that doesnt play very much, and what he playshe gtote repay to his artefacts.
Alchemy? the same..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
if everyone that complained that its so hard to make in-game cash got together for a couple of hours a week farming they would be rich in no time. it really isnt hard to make money in daoc.

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
AngelHeal said:
ok if i wanne alter my temp, im gonne use dr staff, no snatcher, maybe ctr,.... i need new sc, new armor new alch..

armor hmm mp, pretty lot money for a player that doesnt play that much.
sc, pretty expensive for a player that doesnt play very much, and what he playshe gtote repay to his artefacts.
Alchemy? the same..

you don't seem to understand what they are telling you, the only items you need to repair are your armour pieces, stave and any jewellry with +skills. Others items lose nothing by being at 70% con.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Also don't use artifacts to farm in PvE. Get a rog focus staff off a CM for 100g and throw it away when it stops working. Have a crafted 99% robe with the bonuses you need in PvE (no magic resists for example) and no OC and use that instead of your GoV/Nailah's/Whatever. Hey presto you just cut your repair bill by 90%.

If you play less than 10 hours a week, then your artis don't get that much of a hammering anyway. It's not like they lose con while you're logged out.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
AngelHeal said:

how exactly? you listed all your artis you use and i told you which ones did and didnt need to be repaired...

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
AngelHeal said:
tell that to my friends;< ;P

Then let them farm for you as well...

Do as told above. Only repair items which are affected by the 70% rule and your armor. No need to hit with the staff so...

And dont forget arties never wear out as opposed to SC'd crafted pieces. So there's your profit as well.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Without doubt, the cost of repairing artifacts are way too high.

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
WH+Eirene+Malice arti cost me 2p a week, and thats on the normal 3-5h rvr a day....

Its stupid, and should be downed alot, not just to half, alot less...

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Voted no.

The game needs all it's money sinks to prevent inflation. After ToA there were a period without enough money sinks, and that's how the prices got so damn high and many people got disgustingly rich. Hopefully prices will get a bit lower again when the richest people with the most arti's lose their money to the money sink and can't afford the high prices anymore.

If you want to remain rich then you should use cheaper equipment. Ask yourself what is most important, money or shiney equipment? You can't have both.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Dr_Evil said:
Voted no.

The game needs all it's money sinks to prevent inflation. After ToA there were a period without enough money sinks, and that's how the prices got so damn high and many people got disgustingly rich. Hopefully prices will get a bit lower again when the richest people with the most arti's lose their money to the money sink and can't afford the high prices anymore.

If you want to remain rich then you should use cheaper equipment. Ask yourself what is most important, money or shiney equipment? You can't have both.

well, or... rich people get poorer, farm items, and sell em for even higher coz they need even more money ?

(edit: btw allready 17 pps think im a nice lad xD)

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Ok You play an enchanter well here you go....

Tarts/cl wep gets to 96% con - Need repairing 300g

Scalers 96% con- Need repairing 1p

Gov 96% con- Need repairing 500g

Total price around 2p per repair (not exact money but close) It is really not hard to make 2plat, I can make up to 30p on my chanter in a night of pveing, maybe farming something like Zahur suggest you find a druid friend and farm areas where you know you will get alot of money from the drops.

No the prices aint really that fair but they are acceptable for randoms like you said, but that is daoc and as raven said it is really not hard to make money in daoc anyway.

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
Elkie said:
Ok You play an enchanter well here you go....

Tarts/cl wep gets to 96% con - Need repairing 300g

Scalers 96% con- Need repairing 1p

Gov 96% con- Need repairing 500g

Total price around 2p per repair (not exact money but close) It is really not hard to make 2plat, I can make up to 30p on my chanter in a night of pveing, maybe farming something like Zahur suggest you find a druid friend and farm areas where you know you will get alot of money from the drops.

No the prices aint really that fair but they are acceptable for randoms like you said, but that is daoc and as raven said it is really not hard to make money in daoc anyway.

The first of all point was how the hell can casual players repair theier artis as they prob dnt have the time to play all night and farm cash like some other ppl :p

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
danmrman said:
The first of all point was how the hell can casual players repair theier artis as they prob dnt have the time to play all night and farm cash like some other ppl :p
Because casual = less time playing. Less time playing = less wear to repair. People who play more wear their arties out more and therefore spend more than casual players on repairs. Which is how it should be.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
then care to explain why over 80% votes that prices are to expensive?

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
well, or... rich people get poorer, farm items, and sell em for even higher coz they need even more money ?

(edit: btw allready 17 pps think im a nice lad xD)
What I mean is: when rich people get poorer, farm items, and sell em; they can't put higher price, cause when all the rich are poorer there are none who can afford that high price, so the price has to go down for people to be able to afford it or it will just get stuck in that CM for years. Also when they need more money they can't afford to wait years to get that item sold for example 100p so they have to drop it to for example 10p or maybe even lower if they get desparate.

AngelHeal said:
then care to explain why over 80% votes that prices are to expensive?
Because people generally think only about the little apple with the crazy colours, and fail to see the whole picture? In other words people think negatively about their expensive repair costs without thinking 'why do they have to be expensive?', and 'what is the logic behind this?', and even 'what would happen if everything cost 1 silver and every mob in the game dropped bags of platinum?'

Mistlin

Fledgling Freddie
I'd lke to see LGM crafters given the ability to repair arties at greatly reduced cost....at least then it might be slightly better being a crafter :twak:

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Imaging how it is for a cloth user when taking as much damage as i do in melee...
I repair for 4-600g - per night! :puke:

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
As a casual player who enjoys RvR and dislikes PvE I'm finding the Artefact Repair costs are crippling me. The costs will be the thing that will force me to retire my account. I only do RvR.... so my artis take a huge hit.

As a hunter with no defence my GSV is always getting hit, my fools bow which I use for the siege proc on doors with RF burns through my pocket like no tomorrow.

In stealther wars it is the artis that make the hunter competitive without them they are even more RP fodder than usual, I couldn't dream of competing without them.

My artefact list just on my Hunter.

1. Golden Scarab Vest
2. Mariasha Sharkskin Gloves
3. Winged Healm
4. Fools Bow, 5. Braggarts Bow
6. Traitors Dagger,7. (Soon Battler too)
8. Ring of Dances
9. Belt of the Sun
10. Gem of Lost memories
11. Shades of Mist

With 1.82 scrolls and artefacts are worthless.
DF is normally held by Albs.
I have No ML9 SM, and no desire to do the PvE to get one.

So no easy way to make cash other than bashing the same Mob over and over again for a few hours in the hope some Rog armour drops that I can salvage.

For the Uber rich who say it’s about the right price, well swell for you. For the casual player who can’t attend 20 ML10 raids in the hope of winning a single lotto, it’s a huge pain.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
the money i make in rvr on my reaver easily funds my barrel addiction as well as all my artis that need repairing (gov/som/scalars + cw which isnt quite as much but still) and if u are wearing them down wayy to fast in pve, then i suggest u get yourself a pve suit (99% craft with items that dont need repairing)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with the principle of the cost, just not the amount, not everyone can or wants to PvE farm, and after 1.82, all the decent farming spots for non arti related gear will be camped by the usual faces who have been camping GoV, CS etc sice ToA came along.

Personally I think the damage rate in rvr should be a lot less that PvE, if anything at all. Theres nothing really out there that can compete with an arti based template for stats, untility and toys, so why should some who cant afford the time to get cash in PvE suffer with a poorer template than 24/7 l33ts? Would say a 50% reduction in cost and the damage calc in RvR being reduced to say 25% that of PvE damage hurt, after all, the money vanishes, its not like players will get anything else from it.

1.82 is supposed to give a more even playing field for all players, breaking the barriers between those who can and cant afford artifacts. I do agree with Mistlin, taking away a crafters ability to repair has made them more useless, and hopefully these polls that bug us as we log in will make amends for the nerfs they have suffered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom