Votes: 447 83.9%
  • No, though ur a nice laddy :)

Votes: 86 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
stop bumbing this old topic tbh.. nothing is gonna change.

also,.. vote options suck =D

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
They made artys easier to obtain, i would be happy to see a reduction in the upkeep cost of artifacts tbh or make crafters be able to repair them, might get crafters earning again :)

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Erm....

I personally would love arti prices to get cheaper. I considered the central point of the argument that people might be forced into pve to pay for artifact repair costs. With increased utility of items (champ stuff etc) hopefully people will be using temps with less arti's, but I still find myself having to pve for some cash.

I play this game quite a bit, and ofc I think those who play more should be rewarded in some way, as they get better temps and more rps etc. No problem.

Kathal - unfortunately you're clearly a rude individual. You claim to be making reasoned arguments and yet with reading purely the last page of this thread you have called someone 'simple', moaned at spelling mistakes such as your user ID even though your own use of the english language is flawed, and told someone to 'stay away'.

I love this comment from you:

Any casual player CAN make enough money in RvR to keep their artifacts repaired if they settle for 2-3 artifacts. If not, you REALLY suck in RvR.

A cyclical argument - you don't make the money unless you have a decent temp, I guarantee you haven't played with a 2-3 arti temp in a long while. Though the ability to do so is becoming so much easier with DS and champ stuff - but again that's forcing people pve side. And actually of course depends on what arti and its frequency of use. Claiming people suck if they can't make enough money is widespread judgemental crap.

Am I flaming? maybe a little yes, I just hate hypocrits. :flame:

Labello

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
It is allmost impossible for random players (note: players that play 0-10 hours in a week max, so 50 hours a week aint random:p) to pay artifacts........

this is INSANE.

I can repair and buy both heal and End pots for my rvr money.
But not if i use AF charges, witch i don't use any more.
I don't think the AF do anything verry good for you any way.
And yeah, i use around 7+ artis aswell.

Regards Labella

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Labello said:
I can repair and buy both heal and End pots for my rvr money.
But not if i use AF charges, witch i don't use any more.
I don't think the AF do anything verry good for you any way.
And yeah, i use around 7+ artis aswell.

Regards Labella

with a rr7 and a rr6 toon and prolly a bb, i doubt ur a random player.

paying 12€ extra per month just to make ur toon better doesn't really make a person.. 'random'.

Dorimor1

Banned
Any casual player CAN make enough money in RvR to keep their artifacts repaired if they settle for 2-3 artifacts. If not, you REALLY suck in RvR.

Since 1.81, a casual player can have 20+ artifacts...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Raven said:
if everyone that complained that its so hard to make in-game cash got together for a couple of hours a week farming they would be rich in no time. it really isnt hard to make money in daoc.

its harder then in most other games because of freaks that like to sell stuff for 600% more then they are worth. and then run around buying up everything that costs less then what they are selling it for just to put it up on their CM for twice the sum they bought it for.

like 6 plat for Belt of the Moon anyone??? :eek7:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Ctuchik said:
its harder then in most other games because of freaks that like to sell stuff for 600% more then they are worth. and then run around buying up everything that costs less then what they are selling it for just to put it up on their CM for twice the sum they bought it for.

like 6 plat for Belt of the Moon anyone??? :eek7:

well you doin't need to buy the arti anymore :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Such a load of idiotic crap posted here...

People voted, yes please make stuff for me cheaper!!! Lets see what happens if we make the cost of houses in London cheaper (i'm sure people would vote for that as well given the chance).. now lets see what happens when we make all the house prices 1/10th the price.. what do you mean one person owns them all.. it was a GOOD idea.. people voted for it ffs!

5 hours for an ML raid... sorry if an ML raid takes 5 hours it's because it's run by an pathetic moron.. any ML raid these days takes 1-2 hours tops!

2 plat to repair all your stuff? A few months ago I was able to farm 100p a day with a level 48 toon and a level 48 buffbot. That's an entire years repairs from 6 hours work with a none 50 toon.

DAoC is both a PvE and an RvR game. If I only want to PvE, I still have to go to the frontiers to get RA's.. If I only want to RvR I still have to go PvE sometimes to get items.
I've always found that those whining about not having any money have always put ZERO thought into how they could get some. If your not prepared to think about it, then expect very little sympathy. For starters your spending plats repairing stuff that doesn't need repairing.. simply finding out a few simple game mechanics could save you lots of money, but when people tried to explain this to you, you simply whined at them again without trying to understand.

If all you want to do is come here and cry about how crap the game is, then gratz, you've achieved that.. now go away. If you are a proper casual player, then your not going to wear your arti's out much anyway, since you won't be using them that much, so the amount of PvE your actually going to have to do is going to be fairly small. You can already earn most of the money you need rvr'ing, so stop whining, spend 2 hours every few months PvE'ing, cos that's all it takes if you use your brain (that thing between your ears) and enjoy the rest of the time in the frontiers killing.

You managed to get 7 arti's, so it's not like farming a plat is completely beyond you now is it!! If it is, then tetris is this way --->

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Golena said:

People voted, yes please make stuff for me cheaper!!! Lets see what happens if we make the cost of houses in London cheaper (i'm sure people would vote for that as well given the chance).. now lets see what happens when we make all the house prices 1/10th the price.. what do you mean one person owns them all.. it was a GOOD idea.. people voted for it ffs!

5 hours for an ML raid... sorry if an ML raid takes 5 hours it's because it's run by an pathetic moron.. any ML raid these days takes 1-2 hours tops!

2 plat to repair all your stuff? A few months ago I was able to farm 100p a day with a level 48 toon and a level 48 buffbot. That's an entire years repairs from 6 hours work with a none 50 toon.

DAoC is both a PvE and an RvR game. If I only want to PvE, I still have to go to the frontiers to get RA's.. If I only want to RvR I still have to go PvE sometimes to get items.
I've always found that those whining about not having any money have always put ZERO thought into how they could get some. If your not prepared to think about it, then expect very little sympathy. For starters your spending plats repairing stuff that doesn't need repairing.. simply finding out a few simple game mechanics could save you lots of money, but when people tried to explain this to you, you simply whined at them again without trying to understand.

If all you want to do is come here and cry about how crap the game is, then gratz, you've achieved that.. now go away. If you are a proper casual player, then your not going to wear your arti's out much anyway, since you won't be using them that much, so the amount of PvE your actually going to have to do is going to be fairly small. You can already earn most of the money you need rvr'ing, so stop whining, spend 2 hours every few months PvE'ing, cos that's all it takes if you use your brain (that thing between your ears) and enjoy the rest of the time in the frontiers killing.

You managed to get 7 arti's, so it's not like farming a plat is completely beyond you now is it!! If it is, then tetris is this way --->

ok how to get this into your brain

IF YOU HAVE A BUFFBOT YOUR PAYING EXTRA MONEY TO MAKE YOUR TOON BETTER!!!

THAT DOESN't MAKE YOU RANDOM!

THAT's WHAT THE POST IS about:

MAKE STUFF CHEAPER BECAUSE: RANDOM people can't afford it.

(edit: kathal, and looking at ur sig... ur not random at all xD)

Kenshiro

Loyal Freddie
Golena said:

Tetris can be a very complex game dude! ask my little sister...

nuff said.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
YEAH!!

The repair costs of all Artifacts in all three realms have been reduced by 50%.

wooo hooo

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
i really don´t get it.

the artes i have to repair are: tart, gov, scalars and AT. i don´t do any pve and i still make more then enough cash doing rvr. i repair my shit at around 90% and i am fine. don´t repair artes, which aren´t part of your armour or have "+" on specialties. pointless.

dunno, what this whole discussion is about...

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Collateral said:
i really don´t get it.

I will help you on this matter.

I started to rvr with my fresh shade at 1L1 with like 400-500g in his pocket.
At around 3L6 i had about 1.5plats on the poor lowbie ( had to buy breath pots and pay for the af & dd charges)
Then i decided to repair gov, malice and SoM -- costed me about 1.1 plats

So, it may look pretty even, BUT i also need to buy/use at least a barrel of endu, eventually a barrel of heals and this means i have to farm from time to time to be able to sustain myself in rvr.

Have to admit that for a toon who's never solo and/or never use end/heal/power barrels the rvr income should be enough, unfortunatlely soloing is pretty expensive and i really welcome the 50% redux at arti repair costs in 1.84

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah I think Casters have it alot easier with repairing.
My Cleric made around 20p (that's after repairs and pots) and my Cabby made around 10p after repairs in RvR so it's even possible to buy a new cloth/chain set from it when the one I am wearing is decayed.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:
Yeah I think Casters have it alot easier with repairing.
My Cleric made around 20p (that's after repairs and pots) and my Cabby made around 10p after repairs in RvR so it's even possible to buy a new cloth/chain set from it when the one I am wearing is decayed.

well we do get hit allot aswell......

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
just so you all know.. uhm Mythic is nerfing cost on artirepairing by 50%

also charges on artis work at 70% con.. those that says it dont, where have you gotten this from?

My necros TG is on 70% con constantly.. i dont even want to repair it as it takes 4 more pulls with it and its on 70% con again..

charges works on 70% only thing that DONT work is +to skill and focus, armor is different on a tank as the ABS goes down when it loses con

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Closed on request.

Voting is bumping this poll above discussion threads, and lets face it this very issue is addressed in the next patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom