• No, though ur a nice laddy :)

Votes: 86 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
then care to explain why over 80% votes that prices are to expensive?

Because turkeys would vote for Christmas to be scrapped if they had the chance... :p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Bracken said:
Because turkeys would vote for Christmas to be scrapped if they had the chance... :p

ow ok, why didn't you said that befor then!?:p

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
then care to explain why over 80% votes that prices are to expensive?
Ask the masses if they would like to pay less and you get a result like that.
Go to Africa and ask if they want a ton of chicken McNugetes and I think you get a result between 80% and 100%.
Btw the artis dur does not go down over time. If you don’t use them they don’t degrade, so your argument that ppl that don’t play much can’t pay goes out the window.
Btw I wanted to vote no, BUT I didn’t because the crap you wrote in the no option. :rolleyes:

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
Ask the masses if they would like to pay less and you get a result like that.
Go to Africa and ask if they want a ton of chicken McNugetes and I think you get a result between 80% and 100%.
Btw the artis dur does not go down over time. If you don’t use them they don’t degrade, so your argument that ppl that don’t play much can’t pay goes out the window.
Btw I wanted to vote no, BUT I didn’t because the crap you wrote in the no option. :rolleyes:

agree with Kathal on this one

just to add, someone with 6/7 artifacts and 2 of those being quite expensive to buy, doesn't fall in the casual player catagory imo, even if you had help getting them, it would still take a while to get ;) making you a bit more than casual

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i just stopped repairing my druids artis :(

but still getting enough moeny in rvr to reapir rangers

Corran

Part of the furniture
So you got to pay out what 2plat a week for artis that must be repaired.

Ok so lets looks at it this way.

PvE for one night, get items you can sell for 20-50plat. You dont have to PvE again for 3months+

Personally I not had to PvE in like 9months to get money.. I only repair items that need it and as I farmed some items and sold them in past i saved the money for this reason. Think i got about 2years worth of repair money for all my toons costs :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
PvE for one night, get items you can sell for 20-50plat. You dont have to PvE again for 3months+
How many people you know earning 50p a night, this I gotta see.

Btw, he has no bb, no fotm farm bot, nor the time or inclination.

Corran

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:

earnt 90plat in 30minutes work myself... Killed Zahur got a ring, he repopped when i was waiting on DI coming back up then killed him again and got another ring... 45plat a ring = 90plat made.

So with 2 people and picking the correct encounters (and maybe a bit of luck) it is possible

Calo

Part of the furniture
Corran said:
earnt 90plat in 30minutes work myself... Killed Zahur got a ring, he repopped when i was waiting on DI coming back up then killed him again and got another ring... 45plat a ring = 90plat made.

So with 2 people and picking the correct encounters (and maybe a bit of luck) it is possible

thats the most unlikely thing u will see in whole daoc. and you base it on that.

yea sure, i can earn 50 000p if a gm accidently gives me 25 000p and 5 secs later he does it again! piss easy to get tbh, just need maybe a bit of luck.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
people need to be more productive with their time, thats all, kill mobs that drop something worth cash, even farm diamond seals, there is still a market. Dotn wear your artis in pve. its an mmo, the more you put in the more you get out, thats the way they work. if you cant handle that then i think maybe an mmo isnt the genre you should be playing.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

So what you're saying is that he should get 50 plat a night cause he cba to put the time in that people who make 50 plat a night have?

That's kinda like the TOA patch ... Mythic is already giving people who didn't want to put any efford into their characters free artifacts you want them to get free money now as well?

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

Hmm if he is a lonely rider (as in he WANT to be unguilded etc.) he shouldn’t whine.
If he isn’t he should:
1. Join a guild
2. Join their forum.
3. Arrange some PvE farming hunts (ML7, DF etc.)
4. Join all the ML10 raids he can and get some mod points. He WILL get enough money from those raids if he sells whatever he wins.

Raven said:
people need to be more productive with their time, thats all, kill mobs that drop something worth cash, even farm diamond seals, there is still a market. Dotn wear your artis in pve. its an mmo, the more you put in the more you get out, thats the way they work. if you cant handle that then i think maybe an mmo isnt the genre you should be playing.
Spot on. Couldn’t have said it better myself. Have a rep.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Calo said:
thats the most unlikely thing u will see in whole daoc. and you base it on that.

yea sure, i can earn 50 000p if a gm accidently gives me 25 000p and 5 secs later he does it again! piss easy to get tbh, just need maybe a bit of luck.

That was just an example of what is possible. By that happening I didnt bother doing any more PvE that night.. used to set a night where i would do a couple hours to get some money.

That meant things like - Solo / with a friend : Zahur - ML9 (cloak etc), Battler/malice etc etc

Group/Guild - ml10 farm raid, ML7.10 farming, sidi (still some stuff there that nice but takes long time so just pick the mobs), leviathen, kracken etc etc

With a couple of friends you can do alot of things in just a couple of hours - even more with larger number (dont go to large or get nothing :p ) You just got to pick what you do to maximise your chances of getting decent drops.

For instance - Leviathen. Get a group kill him on one server (takes about 10minutes to kill + 20mins set up time) get 3 drops. Go to other server do the same. Should take you no more then 90minutes and you got 6 good drops between however many (on alb with ml9 sorc pets done it with 5 players with duel logged people making up the numbers.).... only realm that would have trouble with this would be midgard tbh, but some ml9 sm's should be ok as we also done it with cabilists (no pet spamming from theurg really, only there to dmg add/haste and pbt perhaps)

You have to know tactics for encounters to do them quick but it is possible.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:

Absolute Rubbish.

> kill mobs that drop something worth cash
Oddly enough anything worth cash is worth cash because it is difficult to get, if it wasn't everyone would have it.

> even farm diamond seals
Your realm needs DF first, I've got DF many times for my realm, but before I even reopen DF I need to organise a group to take towers and once I'm inside I needs to hope they don't get them back. This takes hour’s in itself.

> Dotn wear your artis in pve
lol game is four years old, you don't need to state the obvious! I use my DR Epic.

> the more you put in the more you get out,
Lol. I put lots into RvR.... Mythic force me to do PvE which I don't want. I despise PvE, I finished with it. I was more than happy with the old way artefacts worked, I was NEVER going to get a useless arti (as I'm a casual player)... now Mythic has bankrupted me.

> if you cant handle that then i think maybe an mmo isnt the genre you should be playing
lol a very stupid statement.. Take PlanetSide and to a lesser degree WoW.... MMOs specifically built because games like DAoC don't value their casual players.

To go on farming raids, one needs the right classes (which a Hunter is not), you need to do the raid many times (e.g. Ml10) and you need a buyer for your won item... there are many GoVs for 50p on CM none will sell. It is possible to do 10 ML10 raids and have earned 0 from it.

To earn cash in DAoC you need one thing and one thing only, and that is time, and this is the one thing a casual RvR player doesn't have, those that say otherwise are just ignorant.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
Absolute Rubbish.

> kill mobs that drop something worth cash
Oddly enough anything worth cash is worth cash because it is difficult to get, if it wasn't everyone would have it.
But cash over time is still cash in your pocket. You don't need to farm rare drops from tough mobs to make money. You won't get a 50p item from farming in the dungeon of your choice but you will make a couple of plat an hour from salvageable rog drops and sell loot. Even if you don't salveage and trinket the drops they are still worth a fair amount.

Xajorkith said:
> even farm diamond seals
Your realm needs DF first, I've got DF many times for my realm, but before I even reopen DF I need to organise a group to take towers and once I'm inside I needs to hope they don't get them back. This takes hour’s in itself.
Fair enough, but if it's open anyway, take the opportunity.

Xajorkith said:
> Dotn wear your artis in pve
lol game is four years old, you don't need to state the obvious! I use my DR Epic.
You'd be amazed at the number of people who farm in Pve with their full arti set.

Xajorkith said:
> the more you put in the more you get out,
Lol. I put lots into RvR.... Mythic force me to do PvE which I don't want. I despise PvE, I finished with it. I was more than happy with the old way artefacts worked, I was NEVER going to get a useless arti (as I'm a casual player)... now Mythic has bankrupted me.
So before your artis were dropping in con but you were able to repair them at regular prices and that wasn't a problem. Now they are more expensive to repair and they need repairing so often that you are 'bankrupted'? If they need repairing that often then they were going to break and become unusable pretty under the old system (remember kids, dur loss = con repair+1%). A plat or so on repairs is a lot less than a new template. Also you get money in RvR which for most people pays for their arti repair costs or at the very least cuts the impact considerably. Mythic even improved the gold rewards specifically for that reason so that you don't have to farm in PvE to carry on RvRing.

Xajorkith said:
> if you cant handle that then i think maybe an mmo isnt the genre you should be playing
lol a very stupid statement.. Take PlanetSide and to a lesser degree WoW.... MMOs specifically built because games like DAoC don't value their casual players.
Here's a newsflash. WoW was not the first game to realise that the vast majority of their players are casual. Every MMO designer worth their salt since UO knows that the vast horde of their subscribers are the once/twice a week casual crew who don't read forums, aren't in elite guilds and don't have the top line equipment on their mains. MMOs reward effort over time, different MMOs balance that reward for time differently but still, people who play more, get more.

Xajorkith said:
To go on farming raids, one needs the right classes (which a Hunter is not), you need to do the raid many times (e.g. Ml10) and you need a buyer for your won item... there are many GoVs for 50p on CM none will sell. It is possible to do 10 ML10 raids and have earned 0 from it.
So don't rely on that sort of thing to bring in your money then. Do missions, craft, chain low con mobs or rog dropping mobs in your realm's SI dungeon (AC equivalents in Hib or Mid).

Xajorkith said:
To earn cash in DAoC you need one thing and one thing only, and that is time, and this is the one thing a casual RvR player doesn't have, those that say otherwise are just ignorant.
Exactly, which is the way it should be. Every player has to balance the time he can devote to the game with the reward he expects to get out of it. If I play one hour a month is it reasonable for me to expect that I'll have an account full of ML10, RR11, characters with perfect templates? Of course not. I'd have to strike a balance between what I'd like to achieve with what I can realistically manage with my time. The curve is the same though at both ends of the spectrum. If I play less my costs are less than people who play more. If I want to have a lot of money in the game I have to accept that I'll either have to be lucky, I'll have to play more or I'll have to change my habits in game to reduce the amount of money I spend and increase the amount of money coming in.
You are saying 'I refuse to earn money and it's not fair that I don't have any'.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
A thread like this is allmost impossible, since 70% of you think ur random player, while ur hardcore to the bone..

a buffbot? just to make ur toon better? hmm not really random there ey?
Yes i know, you allmost can't play withouth in daoc (wich is ashame).

Most mobs in TOA are allready programmed (stats strongness etc) to fight BUFFED people...

well let me tell you this, i've been in toa.. i have farmed stuff..
AND IM SICK OF IT.

my toon is ready for rvr, and rvr i want. but due these ridiculous prices im FORCED to go pve.

Making another toon? yer right, i don't have the balls to even ask glasny to port me to oceanus because i think i most likely get grey hair on my head again because of the frustration TOA can give.

(a ML raid... 5 hours!!!!!..., to most of you people it's nothing.. but.. 5 hours behind a PC? damn ur eye's must be getting fucked up then.)

I'am not saying artifact prices shouldn't be high, but let there be atleast some profit in rvr....
I play a caster, wich is the same as a boxball, we get hit 24/7 not the same as a merc/bm/zerker... my armor actually drops fast.

<noob: well play a other class then>

so im forced to go a other class because i don't play over 15 hours a week?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i am pretty sure an enchanter wont find it hard to go farm some cash, ml9/focus, grab any random (not random in the omgz you suckzorz way) druid with a fop to come along and farm with you and there you have it, lots of cash, as for saying he is a hunter how can he make money!?!?! well he could farm slash weak mobs from range for a start, or roll a pve class. or even craft to make money, even if its just getting 800 odd metal to trinket stuff. i play maybe 2 hours a day and have no trouble at all making money.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
i am pretty sure an enchanter wont find it hard to go farm some cash, ml9/focus, grab any random (not random in the omgz you suckzorz way) druid with a fop to come along and farm with you and there you have it, lots of cash, as for saying he is a hunter how can he make money!?!?! well he could farm slash weak mobs from range for a start, or roll a pve class. or even craft to make money, even if its just getting 800 odd metal to trinket stuff. i play maybe 2 hours a day and have no trouble at all making money.

Easy to learn wt to farm and how to farm things on chanters like zahur for example:p just people are to lazy to farm cash

elbeek

Part of the furniture
LOL at the bollox posted on this thread. I am sure that there would be more qq if artis became unusable due to dur loss. For those that say they don't have time for pve, go rvr....1 solo kill is nrly 18gp so 10 kills is a repair at 99% con.

Money is so easy to come by these days even for the so called "random" players. If you can't make money you are doing something wrong.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Arti repair cost is way to expensive yeah, sure i could go for alittle higher as they don't loose dur, but the price you need to pay is just a silly, and a way of making people farm for money (possibly making them stay longer in the game) thats what I belive, why have hat silly cost otherwise ?

Same with the silly amount of time you have been needing to spend in TOA for artis/scrolls/ML's

Imo they have stretched it so far they can and now just have to listen to what people want or instead loose people.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
well its more like they are trying to get rid of some of the in-game money, "tax" on buying direct from the ME rather than the house, 15 plat epic mounts, arti/champ weapon repair cost etc. can only be a good thing, the economy is silly atm

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
well its more like they are trying to get rid of some of the in-game money, "tax" on buying direct from the ME rather than the house, 15 plat epic mounts, arti/champ weapon repair cost etc. can only be a good thing, the economy is silly atm

Well not my Economy thats for sure, and tbh I think there aint that much money around atm, sure there are few peeps who seems to have endless resorces, but tbh noone seems to want to buy Items or anything at any big cost atm, so i belive the Economy aint that good atall atm really.

This cost needs to be lowered!

Ok from 1 thing to another!!!
Instead of bringing silly RP patches etc like there are about to do something of use instead, changeing the RvR is a bad thing tbh, atleast in that way, Zerg n00bs will be staying, and the high RR's haveing struggled for their RR's will leave, well probably some atleast.

The upcomming patch is good, and changes are good in most ways, but changeing the RP amount to silly porpotions will ruin the game and people will leave imo.

And I would leave to if a patch like that was aplied and I had been struggling for a long time getting to more or less Max RR, and then all got there in notime!

As said hope they reconsider this, because if they give us a patch like that it will probably ruin the game.

Shenysh

Banned
stop crying and go to SI and farm something 1/2 hours and you should get atleast 2p...
last time I was in SI and killed stuff, I did so for 4-5 hours I think, gave me about 8p profit.. (sorc+bot)
pve is a BIG part of this game, if you hate pve so much - go play freeshards?

but yes, I do agree that arties are to expensive to repair

noblok

Part of the furniture
Elrandhir said:
Well not my Economy thats for sure, and tbh I think there aint that much money around atm, sure there are few peeps who seems to have endless resorces, but tbh noone seems to want to buy Items or anything at any big cost atm, so i belive the Economy aint that good atall atm really.

This cost needs to be lowered!
Well, look at it this way.

Farming in DF generates 2p/h as a warrior-shaman duo (1p each). This is money generated by the game. Farming in ToA can give you up to 10 times that ammount. The 'game value' is ~1p/hour, but because there is too much money going around this is no longer the case. Taking money out of the game with mounts, houses, artifact repairs, etc will bring this a bit more in line again.

That's how I understand the DAoC economics anyway.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
A thread like this is allmost impossible, since 70% of you think ur random player, while ur hardcore to the bone..

a buffbot? just to make ur toon better? hmm not really random there ey?
Yes i know, you allmost can't play withouth in daoc (wich is ashame).

Most mobs in TOA are allready programmed (stats strongness etc) to fight BUFFED people...

well let me tell you this, i've been in toa.. i have farmed stuff..
AND IM SICK OF IT.

my toon is ready for rvr, and rvr i want. but due these ridiculous prices im FORCED to go pve.

Making another toon? yer right, i don't have the balls to even ask glasny to port me to oceanus because i think i most likely get grey hair on my head again because of the frustration TOA can give.

(a ML raid... 5 hours!!!!!..., to most of you people it's nothing.. but.. 5 hours behind a PC? damn ur eye's must be getting fucked up then.)

I'am not saying artifact prices shouldn't be high, but let there be atleast some profit in rvr....
I play a caster, wich is the same as a boxball, we get hit 24/7 not the same as a merc/bm/zerker... my armor actually drops fast.

<noob: well play a other class then>

so im forced to go a other class because i don't play over 15 hours a week?
lol. Go play Tetris or something. DAoC is obviously NOT the game for you.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Kathal said:
lol. Go play Tetris or something. DAoC is obviously NOT the game for you.

wow ur soo cool mister.. and why isn't it? it used to be.. and maybe ur right.. maybe it isn't anymore, anyway i'll bet tetris has more players then daoc has if it keeps gooing like this.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
Well, look at it this way.

Farming in DF generates 2p/h as a warrior-shaman duo (1p each). This is money generated by the game. Farming in ToA can give you up to 10 times that ammount. The 'game value' is ~1p/hour, but because there is too much money going around this is no longer the case. Taking money out of the game with mounts, houses, artifact repairs, etc will bring this a bit more in line again.

That's how I understand the DAoC economics anyway.

Well lets say you don't want to do any farming what so ever no more as you have had enough of it long ago(This is probably the case for many peeps also)

those loving to farm or don't mind it just tell those that never want to do it to QQ more etc.

I can farm, and I do it now and again, still I can understand that many don't want to do so and I agree on that the cost is to high, sure some have much money, but many don't, some spend all money they get in on Arti repairs, if it even cowers that.

Sure some things has with the Economic to do, but many things is just to delay players making them stay play the game longer as this will be the case hen needing to farm to be able to RvR.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Shenysh said:
stop crying and go to SI and farm something 1/2 hours and you should get atleast 2p...
last time I was in SI and killed stuff, I did so for 4-5 hours I think, gave me about 8p profit.. (sorc+bot)
pve is a BIG part of this game, if you hate pve so much - go play freeshards?

but yes, I do agree that arties are to expensive to repair

The most idiotic comments I see on the Forum is if u don't like that (whetever it is) go play another game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom