• No, though ur a nice laddy :)

Votes: 86 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
Look, I had more time some years ago yeah...
BUt now no, and every time i CAN play, i want to do RvR....
So the real problem is that you cut down on the play time, but expect the same when you are online. That’s just not how things work in games like DAoC.

AngelHeal said:
anyway might gonne play new guildwars expansion it rox.. atleast u dont need much pve for GvG.
As I said there are loads of other games that might suite you better and I’m glad you found one. GL in the now game. Hope if gives you joy and fun times instead of frustrations (I really mean that if you were wondering).

AngelHeal said:
anyway, if its a masive game.. (daoc), then tell me why is there only 1 way to get cash? (PVE)?
Crafting, RvR and PvE is the 3 I can come up with.

AngelHeal said:
ATLEAST THERE ARE NO ARTIFACTS OR MASTER LEVELS!!!
I have said it twice and it seems you missed it so I’ll say it again. You COULD go to Glastonbury. The server WITHOUT ToA.
I’m not an Glastonbury expert but afaik many play without a bb and there is zero ToA. Sound like a server for you.

AngelHeal said:
(wow that really makes me feel better;>)
Good. If a game frustrates you that much you should do something else. GL with whatever you do whether its Guildwars or Glastonbury.

Elrandhir said:
heh, have to say ur right, got rather bored of the ooh so meningful posting, just pointless to post no more as our opinions differ and noone will ever agree to the other ones opinion being good tbh.

Il rep you just because you actually said something sain in this thread unlike the meaningful dispute or whatever we had going here =P
lol you got bored and still continued? Why? Do you have a problem with “ooh so meningful(spelled meaningful now that you commented on my English skills) posting”/”meaningful dispute”? Tbh you didn’t bring much to the table.

AngelHeal said:
yes, you see you get the message u get 18 gold (per kill orsmt)..

but, the fact is all that money goes straight back to the lovely smith.
Hmm, and what is wrong with that? What do YOU need money for? You don’t want to make another char/template. You don’t want to make any potions (You are a 100% RvR person). You don’t need a house. Basically all you need is to repair your equipment. Sure the odd 10s to port etc. but I’m sure you have money for that.

DISCLAIMER: English is not my first language so there might be some errors in this post.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
lol you got bored and still continued? Why? Do you have a problem with “ooh so meningful(spelled meaningful now that you commented on my English skills) posting”/”meaningful dispute”? Tbh you didn’t bring much to the table.

Think it's because of you'r pointless replies I got bored and that I really dident have anything all to interessting to say either as I had really already said what I thought in my first post.

And I couldent care less about you'r English, it's not my main language either though fyi!

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
Think it's because of you'r pointless replies I got bored and that I really dident have anything all to interessting to say either as I had really already said what I thought in my first post.
The thing is you ignored most of what I said. You didn’t comment on most of the points I made.

Elrandhir said:
And I couldent care less about you'r English, it's not my main language either though fyi!
Well you did come with a comment on my English.

Ging

Part of the furniture
and so it goes on, day after day, year after year. Dont you ever YEARN for change?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Kathal said:
So the real problem is that you cut down on the play time, but expect the same when you are online. That’s just not how things work in games like DAoC..

First of all, there is no other game like daoc, second, i realise very well the fact that if i play less, i will achieve less.. but atleast let me be able to achieve what i want to achieve..
Some fun in RvR.. wich is impossible with such high artifact costs..

Kathal said:
As I said there are loads of other games that might suite you better and I’m glad you found one. GL in the now game. Hope if gives you joy and fun times instead of frustrations (I really mean that if you were wondering)...

thank you thank you :wub:

Kathal said:
Crafting, RvR and PvE is the 3 I can come up with...

RvR does not give cash profit since the money u win u lose to repairs.
PvE...as said above. i cba :p.
Crafting yes, well i don't have many crafters.. and most is for cost price for friends.

Kathal said:
I have said it twice and it seems you missed it so I’ll say it again. You COULD go to Glastonbury. The server WITHOUT ToA.
I’m not an Glastonbury expert but afaik many play without a bb and there is zero ToA. Sound like a server for you...

Glastonbury isn't something for me, it's like playing a game that isn't designed for the surroundings. It's playing a incomplete game.
Besides, I'am allready done with ToA on 3 caracters.

Kathal said:
Good. If a game frustrates you that much you should do something else. GL with whatever you do whether its Guildwars or Glastonbury.

Ok, DAoC does not frustrate me.. because I play what I like, and that's RvR. And I started this thread just to see how other views were on this topic...

Kathal said:
hmm, and what is wrong with that? What do YOU need money for? You don’t want to make another char/template. You don’t want to make any potions (You are a 100% RvR person). You don’t need a house. Basically all you need is to repair your equipment. Sure the odd 10s to port etc. but I’m sure you have money for that.

Ok, I got 3 toons toa'ed. That's more then enough for me;) . I need barrels on 2 of those stated toons. (barrels about 500g per barrel).
How do i get this money if all the money i get in rvr goes straight back to the smith?

Kathal said:
DISCLAIMER: English is not my first language so there might be some errors in this post.

join the club :clap:

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Then stay. A dragon raid once in a while is not a lot of PvE. In mid we have a few raid leaders that do DR's all the time. It’s really easy and they don’t ask for more than 26% cold resist and for ppl to pay attention.
Come on m8, you can do it :)

Calo

Part of the furniture
I think (the thread is to hear how other ppl think right) that its piss easy to get money in daoc even if you play 1hour a week.

But thats just me maybe. I have no crafters at all, and my pve/rvr char is a skald... not really the best pve class out there.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Well we do only have to look at the votes to see what most people think though, not that all people votes here or even read the forum, but it's still rather obvious!

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
Well we do only have to look at the votes to see what most people think though, not that all people votes here or even read the forum, but it's still rather obvious!
As already said people vote for an easier life. If you put up a poll saying 'would you like to insta ding rr12' more people would vote yes than no. Doesn't mean anything except that the vast mass of people will vote for something that benefits them personally and most don't know anything about game design.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
As already said people vote for an easier life. If you put up a poll saying 'would you like to insta ding rr12' more people would vote yes than no. Doesn't mean anything except that the vast mass of people will vote for something that benefits them personally and most don't know anything about game design.

I disagree, people wouldent vote to be insta RR12 etc if they like RvRing,maby those who are inexperinced in RvR might I guess to get as many benefits as possible, still no if they really liked RvRing.

So I can only say that you are wrong, not much to argue with really as I think the arti repair cost and getting insta RR12 is rather far from eachother.

One thing is viable, the other is just silly.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
lol. You are not very bright are you?
Well I guess you couldn’t be arsed to read the posts where this was discussed.

Elrandhir said:
I disagree, people wouldent vote to be insta RR12 etc if they like RvRing,maby those who are inexperinced in RvR might I guess to get as many benefits as possible, still no if they really liked RvRing.

So I can only say that you are wrong, not much to argue with really as I think the arti repair cost and getting insta RR12 is rather far from eachother.

One thing is viable, the other is just silly.
You missed the point, but hey none expected YOU to understand it anyways.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
lol. You are not very bright are you?
Well I guess you couldn’t be arsed to read the posts where this was discussed.

You missed the point, but hey none expected YOU to understand it anyways.

Sorry yeah, I always seem to miss you'r points, probably because all the posts you do seem to lack any.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
Sorry yeah, I always seem to miss you'r points, probably because all the posts you do seem to lack any.
Ok I'll try AGAIN. It seems you need everything twice to have any chance of understanding it.

Do a pole with:

Are artis too expensive to repair??
1. Yes.
2. No, and WLs are not OP and Kathal owns everyone.

If 95% votes yes, does that mean that 95% think that artis are to expensive to repair? No.
Furthermore most of the ppl that WOULD have voted no don’t vote because they don’t give a rats arse about the prices in the first place.

I wanted to vote no, but didn’t because that option wasn’t there.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Kathal said:
I wanted to vote no, but didn’t because that option wasn’t there.

pfft i disagree :> it's a secret way for me to make new friends ;)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
pfft i disagree :> it's a secret way for me to make new friends ;)
Well I don't really know you, but you seem like a bright fella so I MIGHT vote no after all ;)

Jox

Fledgling Freddie

The artifact-repair-prices = fubar! Could somebody call Mythic plz? :puke:

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
The artifact-repair-prices = fubar! Could somebody call Mythic plz? :puke:

i do wonder whether some ppl read what the post is about or whether they just post casue they are bored :(

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
danmrman said:
i do wonder whether some ppl read what the post is about or whether they just post casue they are bored :(

i don't know.. ... / ! \ Lets make a poll about it :) / ! \

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
danmrman said:

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Mistlin said:
I'd lke to see LGM crafters given the ability to repair arties at greatly reduced cost....at least then it might be slightly better being a crafter :twak:

I fully agree on this point. Since SI the role of the crafters have sunk into nothing, compared to what it was when we were crafting 6 pcs. of armor, 2 weapons and maybe a shield.

All the time spent on levelling, all the money spent on each crafter has been spent for nothing. I only hope things will change so crafting again will pay off.

Personnaly i would rather spend 5 hrs on crafting and earning money that way than bashing mobs in DF or elsewhere to get cash. Reason: both are boring but nessecary but the crafting at least will help realm mates get their stuff in order to complete their template.

Best Regards

Von War
Guildmaster Danish Huscarls
(LGM - Armorcrafter/Tailor/Spellcrafter/Alchymist).

Dyss

Fledgling Freddie
I cant see why ppls whinne at repair costs?! what u do irl?
Do u walk in to the car shop and say, ARE YOU KIDNING ME 140k £ for a car I only work 1day a week I cant efford that!!! Lower the price I just want to drive and have fun I dont wanna work or pay for it! :((((

ppls that think there are to high, think one more time will you?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Dyss said:
Do u walk in to the car shop and say, ARE YOU KIDNING ME 140k £ for a car I only work 1day a week I cant efford that!!! Lower the price I just want to drive and have fun I dont wanna work or pay for it! :((((

owkay comparing rl to daoc is a bit scary though...

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Dyss said:

I dont play DAoC 24/7, neither do the majority of people "whining", this is why we do not have the cash to pay the stupid amounts of cash for arti repairs.

and tbh, even if I did play 24/7, I wouldnt want to have to farm cash for 3 quarters of that time just to keep my arti's repaired.

Dyss said:

In real life you have a choice as to weather or not to get ripped off. In real life there is more than one car shop. In real life ants do not drop gold coins and in real life I do not run around with a sword and shield beating up trolls to save teh realm.

but there we go.

Dyss said:

I've thought again and the prices are still too high, what now? :p

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
I've thought again and the prices are still too high, what now? :p
Quit or accept it.

A BIG part of DAoC is to build/improve your toon. When that’s done you have to maintain your toon. That includes making potions and repairing your armor.
Further more the economy needs to be balanced. That means that the amount of money that’s made needs to be spent. A good way to do that is to have high prices on ELITE items. Items you don’t NEED to play the game. As a casual gamer you need to accept that you will loose more than you win and ofc you will do exactly that without the best items/RAs and practice.
The fact that the casual player plays less than the "power gamer" means more than not having the odd 5-7 artifacts in your template.
Any casual player CAN make enough money in RvR to keep their artifacts repaired if they settle for 2-3 artifacts. If not, you REALLY suck in RvR.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Kathal said:
Quit or accept it.

A BIG part of DAoC is to build/improve your toon. When that’s done you have to maintain your toon. That includes making potions and repairing your armor.
Further more the economy needs to be balanced. That means that the amount of money that’s made needs to be spent. A good way to do that is to have high prices on ELITE items. Items you don’t NEED to play the game. As a casual gamer you need to accept that you will loose more than you win and ofc you will do exactly that without the best items/RAs and practice.
The fact that the casual player plays less than the "power gamer" means more than not having the odd 5-7 artifacts in your template.
Any casual player CAN make enough money in RvR to keep their artifacts repaired if they settle for 2-3 artifacts. If not, you REALLY suck in RvR.

I think the idea that to compete I have to play 24/7 is shite imo.

Where on the CoC does it say that the amount of hours per week I play is directly proportional to the amount of artifacts that I am allowed to have in my template?

I have 10 artifacts at present on my scout, I use approximately 6-7 of those.

The arguements for the enconomy make no sense - "The amount of money made needs to be spent" I can understand, however, when the amount required to be spent far outweights the amount made, there is something wrong. The economy is no longer balanced.

The economy worked just fine before they brought in artifact durability repairs, and the only difference between before and after that change (except for the price) is that the artifacts will no longer run out at some point. This fact had only a very little effect on the economy before the patch and now the extreme price increase has pushed it the other way.

I refuse to accept it and i refuse to quit because of that one thing, I'm not happy about this and I'm not going to be happy about it just because its something I cannot change.

I accept that daoc is about building and improving my character, however the maintenance part is just wrong. After spending years getting my char to where it needs to be, now I have to spend my time doing MORE make-work just keeping it there?

Now that I'm lvl 50, I have a template sorted and I've got my ML's, Ithe character should be low-maintenance, I should now beable to spend more time in RvR than in forced PvE.

Thats just the way I see it anyway.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
CBA to read it all - read first 3 pages, but is it me or is everyone who is moaning about arti repair costs moaning that it costs too much to repair their 48282 arti's - which they somehow managed to afford at the time / buy scrolls for etc, pay for MP for the rest of the suit - all costs - so ....how on earth did you all afford that if you can't rake a plat together to repair ya items?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Dont get me wrong here, I have the cash, but why should I pay that much for maintenance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom