Armsman TL feedback report

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Heres the feedback from Mythc on the latest Armsman TL report, with my opinion added to the end.
I don't know whats more laughable, the report or the feedback.

Style Issues

Polearm
Defender's Rage

Issue Description:
Defender's Rage requires you to have your target style you for it to work. We propose you make this style useable on anyone who styles. Adding a melee attack speed debuff(instead of bleed)will also help polearmsmen be both offensive and defensive.

Mythic Response:
This is currently under discussion.

Polearm

Poleaxe

Issue Description:
This is the follow up for Defender's Rage, it currently has no effect attached to it, can we get a hinder effect added. This helps Polearmsmen peel off people attacking his support classes.

Mythic Response:
We're not looking to make changes to this line at this time.

Realm Ability Issues

Soldier's Barricade

Issue Description:
In current form Soldiers Barricade is supposed to absorb 5, 15, 25% dmg. However is does not take into account crits from dmg. If you're hit for 400 dmg with 200 crit with SB3 running you would take 500 dmg.

Mythic Response:
This is a bug. Thank you for letting us know about it.

Master Level Issues

Warlord

Cowering Bellow

Issue Description:
Cowering Bellow seems to have a high resist rate to pets especially ml 9 pets, and little to no affect on animist pets. The resist rate could be changed to make this ability more widely used.

Mythic Response:
Not at this time.

Warlord

Bolstering Battlecry

Issue Description:
This ability gives 10% health and mana in a 1000 radius, which isn't bad, but in today's game it's still not enough for a ress or most heals/cures. Is there anyway we can get it changed to 15-20%

Mythic Response:
No, we don't think it would be a good idea to up the value.

Class Ability Issues

PvE Taunt

Issue Description:
Our Level 5 PvE taunt gets resisted alot and has long reuse timer. Since it doesn't interrupt in rvr can we get the timer shortened to 20-30 seconds and get the resist rates decreased.

Mythic Response:
We'd like to wait and see the long term effects of the warrior/heavy tank changes, and also focus on some other deserving classes before making any tweaks to the new abilities.

Interface Issues

Issue Description:

Mythic has made good improvements to the game by adding a second and third quickbar. With DR out the need for even more slots is fairly clear. Is there any way we can get a 4th quickbar added?

Mythic Response:
Under discussion.

Issue Description:
As the game progresses there is an increasing number of items which can only be in your packs. I hardly ever end up
encumbered and my packs are usually full. Can get another 4-5 bag slots in our personal inventory to adjust for the added need.

Mythic Response:
Not at this time, but we may consider it as an expansion feature.

Other Issues

Issue Description:

Snapshot: To get Snapshot we need 20 in crossbow spec, this is high due to our class already being forced to double spec our dmg. Please consider dropping it to 15 crossbow spec.

Mythic Response:
After internal discussion, the team feels that 20 spec is fair and should not be lowered.

Issue Description:
Shields still suffer a 50% penalty versus DW classes, is there any way we can have these penalties revisted and dropped to 25% chance instead.

Mythic Response:
No, there are no plans to overhaul this design.

Khen

---------------------------------------------

I had a massive arguement with the TL over this report when he first made it, so I did not have high hopes for the response to begin with.

Firstly, anyone who would want to interfere with argueably the most powerful style in the game, Defenders Rage, is a complete idiot. His first suggestion for this style was to actually remove the 1.2 growth rate to Poleaxe instead :eek7: And he honestly believe Mythic would alter the opening without nerfing this style lol.

20 % Cowering Bellow ? Dream on.

20 Spec Snapshot? I don't know what makes me more sick, the fact our own team leader does not know that its 25 crossbow spec or the fact that Mythic have done an 'internal discussion' on the subject and never realised its actually 25 spec either !

And what makes it even more laughable is that I correct this error for the team leader when he first posted the draft of this report several times and he still fucked up and submitted it.

But what can you expect from a TL that wasted 2 of his possible suggestions asking for general PvE changes to the size of our inventory bags and a 4th quickbar ! Suggestions that could of gone on any report not our class report.

In other words, a pathetic report gets a pathetic response by mythic.

Completely laughable, but this time I cannot blame mythic for shrugging of this excuse for a report with nonsense answers, it does not deserve anything more.

Basically, Armsman will never get any love of their own. The only changes we have ever had have been changes to ALL heavy tanks, and thats all we will ever get in the future too.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
LOL@the xbow thing.

Love to see Mythic giving "intelligent" responses :D

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
doh, our tl sucks imo :( and why would we want more backpack slots?? i think this is the stupiest thing i ever found in a tl report

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Issue Description:
This is the follow up for Defender's Rage, it currently has no effect attached to it, can we get a hinder effect added. This helps Polearmsmen peel off people attacking his support classes.

if the target uses a style on someone else.. can you use this style against him? :eek:
if not.. theres allways crippling blow and phlanx+defenders aegis for hinder
crippling blow is anytime 12 sec hinder, phlanx is back-style and defenders aegis is followup for phlanx wth 31 sec hinder
dont get why you need defender rage to peel off the ppl attacking support classes o_O

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
he really has lost the thread
i gave up all hope in the armsman TLs a while ago, been, er, 3 ? in the last year or so, most of them morons
think its still one of the few classes that most people regardless of realm will admit needs some loving :fluffle:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Why do Armsmen need love? In my opinion the class is somehow fixed now. The make good attack tanks and good defensive tanks and are fully groupable and good solo chars.

(401 strength on a HO with 250 quickness (AugQuick3), Battler, Malice, Shield, Eirenes, RR5, SoM, Warguard, crush/2h/shield styles, super HPs and resists...)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
The problem with the class is, whilst its not a bad class, never has been, there are a few issues that need to be fixed.

Mostly style problems, snapshot and groupability, and the recent heavy tank love was all geared at making heavy tanks more durable, which is fine by me, but does nothing to make them more attractive to groups.

Personally i'd be more then happy if they simply fixed Poleaxe, Defenders Aegis and Snapshot. Anything beyond that would be a bonus.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Armsman RR5 on top of the heavy tank love takes them well into the OP section for solo melee imo... but I agree they still aren't hugely groupable, the recent changes DID increase their groupablilty but not enough to make them viable in most, probably any, opted groups.

Borgio Finstermoor

One of Freddy's beloved
I read your "tiff" with the TL kag and, like the other arsmen on these boards, I was totally in agreement with you.

It seemed to me like you made a valid point (about snapshot being 25pt) and he jsut goes off on one and flames you.

Methinks the Arsman TL doesnt like joo very much!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Void959 said:
Armsman RR5 on top of the heavy tank love takes them well into the OP section for solo melee imo... but I agree they still aren't hugely groupable, the recent changes DID increase their groupablilty but not enough to make them viable in most, probably any, opted groups.

You mean super opted super geek groups :).

Armsman is a perfectly viable opted group char when ToA'ed/ML'ed and properly played. I especially enjoyed using 2H weapon throw at freshly rezzed unbuffed casters :).

Playing something like

Friar/Paladin,
Merc,
Armsman,
Sorc,
Cleric,
Cleric,
Theurg,
Cabalist

should work okay.

You get a good secondary BG and Merc damage. 2H HO (401 strength from temp and char creation and easy to get 250 quickness (AugQuick3)) Crush hurts and has super utility.

With Paladin Celerity one could maybe even drop one caster and keep Friar and have Paladin, Armsman and Merc going for one target, it has to hurt when someone is swinging those 2H/5.6 speed weapons at cap speed.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Yay! A good old Armsman talk!

I read the reports on VN and here, as well as some meatshield stuff < Not like anybody use's it much anymore>. Few things.

Mabs: The old Arms TL was a chap called Mors and he handed over to Khen, to my knowledge that has not changed in quite some time. Do correct me if im wrong dude.

Kagato, seems your very upset at the TL because he refuses to listen to you. You do have a tendancy to back somebody into a corner and make them come out firing ;). He seems to really dis-like you and Im sure thats probably down to you two having rows before on many occasions. Your obviously pissed at him because he doesnt take any heed of what you say and he is pissed at you because he must feel like your talking down to him and insulting / making snide comments at him.

Personally I think he is a good TL. He does lots of tests. He is interested in the class and seems to have a passion for it.

As for the report? Ye it was pretty crap but infairness anybody who was expecting anything positive back from mythic after the love Armsman have recently got, could possibly be out of their mind :D.

Defenders Rage is a great style for solo'ers. He was trying to make it group friendly and you flipped out as you absolutely love this style, obviously, and he had some good suggestions. I was a pole user most of my career and really I would take a drop from 1.2 grwth rate to say 1 if Defenders got snare / weapon spd debuff / pbae def rage hit and poleaxe got raised to say either 1.1 or 1.2 more appropriately.

Basically guys, take it easy. No need to jump down the lads throat, I've only ever read a few of his reports and the odd reply he makes to ppl but he doesnt seem like such an ass, neither are you kagato. Your very head strong and once you dont like somebody they know all about it :D. You have good ideas as well but you have to look at his too and remember he is the TL and will have the finally say not that you cant debate with him but arguing and insulting is not the way to go :D.

Btw I fully agree with Manisch! Arms are massively underrated and let that be to their opponents demise ^^.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
Arms are massively underrated and let that be to their opponents demise

I don't think they're underrated...its just still the same now as it has been for years - there are better options in alb (for both offense and defense) which is why some specific improvements for armsmen are still needed. The recent changes were a start but there's still a way to go. And I'd never thought I'd say this but I do miss snapshot in specific situations :(

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Couldnt edit my original post so here it is

As for the Xbow comments, lads cop on. So what? He didnt remember the spec from 25-20. up until very recently all armsmen rr5+ had it. It more showed how little mythic listen to TL's than his ignorance.

My suggestions for Xbow changes thou would be:
- Make it so you can fire your crossbow while moving all the time, with such short range its only fair arms have a way to interupt.
- Give Arms the ability to put 'procs' on xbow bolts. Such as Snares / roots / Elemental debuffs for mages / Stat, WS debuffs etc. Make these stack with other debuffs and on different timers to CC spells.

I know some ppl will say nerf! But thats just my opinion and would be ace for Arms both solo / grp, S&S spec, hybrid , Polearm :D.

Also, I was well angry at the response to the DW 50% block penatly issue. They should make it that there is no penatly to block for Arms against DW users, that way its another reason to group them over others ; ).

Bracken said:
I don't think they're underrated...its just still the same now as it has been for years - there are better options in alb (for both offense and defense) which is why some specific improvements for armsmen are still needed. The recent changes were a start but there's still a way to go. And I'd never thought I'd say this but I do miss snapshot in specific situations :(

Ye I know Brack. Its always been Pallys are better at Def and Mercs are better at Off. I agree there is deffinet room for improvement but its a slow process and in the mean time the other Off / Def role fillers get more toys and keep Arms at bay. Ye snap shot was a very RA regardless of what was said about it at first. Thats why it would be permanent ;).

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Vindicator said:

Mabs: The old Arms TL was a chap called Mors and he handed over to Khen, to my knowledge that has not changed in quite some time. Do correct me if im wrong dude.

good post btw :)

and yes, i stand corrected. was a lurker on meatshield forums before i moved to mid, havent kept track of it;)

just find it a bit annoying that the arms always seem to be knocked back-
were ok at start, then paladins got end regen...
heavy tanks get love.. paladins get celerity... its not the end of the world, but its not what i would call good timing for an armsman resurgence :fluffle:

oh and gerroff moi name :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Borgio Finstermoor said:
I read your "tiff" with the TL kag and, like the other arsmen on these boards, I was totally in agreement with you.

It seemed to me like you made a valid point (about snapshot being 25pt) and he jsut goes off on one and flames you.

Methinks the Arsman TL doesnt like joo very much!

My response to the Snapshot issue, whilst admittedly sarcastic, was not aggressive. However I don't think he ever forgave me for the Defenders Rage arguements which were rather explosive when he first did the report draft, and was probably expecting me to say something :D

Vindicator, I never insulted the TL back then though until he blatently refused to aknowledge not just mine but any of the Armsmens wishes. If something you suggest results in huge wide spread protest, surely that would indicate to you that its a bad idea or should be left alone? Not to him he just ignored everyone, including me, and went ahead. THAT is when I started to get aggresive and insulted him.

And I still stand by everything I said.

And no, I don't think he is a good TL, I don;t think he is any better then Mors, at least Mors couldn't do any harm due to him doing nothing, this TL has already proven he can and will do harm to the class no matter what anybody else thinks, and in my opinion a TL should represent the players of the classes wishes, not their own. He is just on an ego trip, just read the snapshot thread to see that.

But hey, according to him i've got nothing constructive to say and have done nothing for the class, so what do I know. See ya, im off to the newbie forum to learn :cheers:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Emmet said:
if the target uses a style on someone else.. can you use this style against him? :eek:
if not.. theres allways crippling blow and phlanx+defenders aegis for hinder
crippling blow is anytime 12 sec hinder, phlanx is back-style and defenders aegis is followup for phlanx wth 31 sec hinder
dont get why you need defender rage to peel off the ppl attacking support classes o_O

He wants to do massive damage (eg. 1.2 growth-rate) while having a snare option.

eg. 'I WANNA BE OVERPOWERED'. Tho Im starting to think the ArmsTL is so clueless he actually thinks it would be balanced :D

Not like Polearmsman need any more snares really, I mean.. they got an anytime snare already (which is low damage, yes. But u either do good damage, or do a snare, seems to me the ArmsTL wants both).

I do agree with Kagato tho, while waste precious space (as the reports are limited in size) on idiotic stuff like a 4th quickbar or more inventory bags (get a horse with saddlebags if it bothers you that much) and leave stuff like that to the RoleplayTL.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Whats more the pole styles are 40% snare rather then the usual 35%.

The 'limited space' is only 10 Issues that your allowed to raise I believe.

Which means he has already wasted 40% of the report on inventory issues, changes nobody but him wants or mistakes.

Im sure I could find fault with much of the rest of the report to, but that would just be picky and I don't have any faith in Mythic actually paying attention to the reports anyway, if I thought they did i'd care alot more.

But maybe if I force him into a corner enough like Vindicator puts it he might quit with any luck :flame:

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
He wants to do massive damage (eg. 1.2 growth-rate) while having a snare option.

eg. 'I WANNA BE OVERPOWERED'. Tho Im starting to think the ArmsTL is so clueless he actually thinks it would be balanced :D

Not like Polearmsman need any more snares really, I mean.. they got an anytime snare already (which is low damage, yes. But u either do good damage, or do a snare, seems to me the ArmsTL wants both).

I do agree with Kagato tho, while waste precious space (as the reports are limited in size) on idiotic stuff like a 4th quickbar or more inventory bags (get a horse with saddlebags if it bothers you that much) and leave stuff like that to the RoleplayTL.

you just use snare to help support classes really.. when they are on you, you can use nice dmg.. and if someone runs away, you have backstyle, followup snare that lasts alot longer, so if you in a grp.. you dont need to do hell lot of dmg with 1 hit imo, its better to snare them and keep them away from clerics etc.. + if you spam snare style ALL the time, no one can escape :>
so 10 snare styles or 4 insane dmg styles that might get out of range because you dont have snare.. rather use the 10 snares imo ;)

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Warlord

Cowering Bellow

Issue Description:
Cowering Bellow seems to have a high resist rate to pets especially ml 9 pets, and little to no affect on animist pets. The resist rate could be changed to make this ability more widely used.

Mythic Response:
Not at this time.
Tbh tho , they should fix this , when a caster presses ml9 he dosn't think "i hope this works" when my Valkyrie or any other Warlord presses ml3 they are thinking "That ml9 pet is going to fk me up when this dosn't work"
Also make it either render ani turrets useless for the given time , or insta kill them, retarded that it works on some pets(and nowhere near 100% of the time) and not them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom