Armsman

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Any ideas for a grp/solo type spec and what arti's are a must. Not played mine in so long im abit stumped.

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Well i got GoV, EDS, SoM, Battler, MA, MS as arti's...think thats all

And using champ pole for weapon...template is pretty much balanced and quite happy with it :p (without spending loads of P's)

Also got CL5 and took acolyte line for extra resists & (crappy) heal :)

Char is near RR5, and great to solo (when not facing a zerg or fg's of course)...and nice in groups with bodygaurd & demezz etc (if you ever get invited that is).

Have fun with it i would say

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
either pure pole, or hybrid spec, matter of preferance. To group and solo both effectively pure spec will serve you better as you'll need both good offense and defense at same time to solo.

The only must have arti is Eerie darkness stone, it makes templates much easier, other then that nothing is a 'must have'. Just a matter of choice.

Non of the artifact poles are worth considering, the cheap option is to go with the champion pole, its quite decent for free but not spectacular.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
the cheap option is to go with the champion pole, its quite decent for free but not spectacular.

whats a spectacular pole if not a champion pole with high uv(4 all melee skills, 12 str, 12 qui), 8 strength cap, 4% style damage, 4% melee damage, uber proc(melee resist debuff proc), uber charge(endu heal)... ??

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
Go for a bit of balance IMO, Hybrid shield/Pole, Works well solo and in group.

Important artifacts for me are Shades of Mist ( the proc often means little or no damage taken for 3 hits), Winged Helm( nice reduction in style damage and the speed charge is good for chasing down fleeing enemies) and Band of stars (the bolt can be used on the run and is great if your running at enemy casters).

Armsman have some nice abilities now and are vastly improved with things like Fury and the new RR5, having said that its tough surviving out there and wont be an easy ride :england:

nice chap!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
whats a spectacular pole if not a champion pole with high uv(4 all melee skills, 12 str, 12 qui), 8 strength cap, 4% style damage, 4% melee damage, uber proc(melee resist debuff proc), uber charge(endu heal)... ??

The utility is very poor, average at best. The end charge is totally useless, all you will do is ruin your item timer for more important things, when a potion would server you far far better.

And the uber proc is not that uber either, 10/10 resist debuff when even a legendary will debuff 35% with far greater utility, only half decent thing about the pole is the damage bonus and even thats nothing to write home about.

Like I said its a ok pole, a nice freebie cheap option. But far from spectacular. The pole options in daoc are not great at all all round, specially compared to the weapon options other classes get.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
The utility is very poor, average at best. The end charge is totally useless, all you will do is ruin your item timer for more important things, when a potion would server you far far better.

And the uber proc is not that uber either, 10/10 resist debuff when even a legendary will debuff 35% with far greater utility, only half decent thing about the pole is the damage bonus and even thats nothing to write home about.

Like I said its a ok pole, a nice freebie cheap option. But far from spectacular. The pole options in daoc are not great at all all round, specially compared to the weapon options other classes get.
and now u can even sc leg poles :), but give malice crush pole tho tbh :twak:

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

ok :) i was just curious, because my armsman mate uses it, and is very satisfied with the champ pole. but that's because uber pole doesn't exist then ><

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Rub said:
wheres da crush version again? :(

there is a slash version so there could be a crush version for polearms, if not then send a feedback to mythic and see

:m00:

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
scorge said:
there is a slash version so there could be a crush version for polearms, if not then send a feedback to mythic and see

:m00:
i already searched for a crush version, couldnt find one :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Not bad, but these days if you want to do any kind of reasonable damage you need a weapon that debuffs its own damage type OR has a stupidly over powered proc like malice that will let you win regardless.

Sadly I doubt mythic will ever make a crush version of malice pole or i'd use it myself.

Galaha

Fledgling Freddie
get golm for antistun (for graple) so you can graple 1, and slam other help alot , som, gov , champion pole, 1h battler. and go pole is really nice now whit the new front style.

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta be Hybrid Shield/Pole as pretty much everyone else has said and I don't think they are any really vital items to have in template although I'd like to be able to put AT in mine for 3k+ hp croc :) .

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Galaha said:
get golm for antistun (for graple) so you can graple 1, and slam other help alot

wtf? golm gives mezz immunity not stun immunity.. thats ceremonial bracer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom