Anyone received a copy of the game yet?

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Bullitt said:
Haha you obviously don't know the games industry. More likely than not it will be written in their contract that management have the right to demand overtime work without pay. They'll probably be working until 3-4am if it's like any other games company nearing release. My heart goes out to the poor sods.

Plus they officially announced that they are working 24/7

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
i have a lovely copy of the game in front of me :) yum yum .. and my 2 new 1GB RAM chips arrived yesterday .. so im all set :)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Bullitt said:
Haha you obviously don't know the games industry. More likely than not it will be written in their contract that management have the right to demand overtime work without pay. They'll probably be working until 3-4am if it's like any other games company nearing release. My heart goes out to the poor sods.
I work in the games industry, late nights suck. :(
And yes Aada is very naive about these things.

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Me and a friend calculated that Blizzard should be making about 100 million Euro a month just on the monthly fee (no fee for the first month but then again everyone bought the game for aprox. 4x that sum), so I'm guessing Blizzard has the money and the experience to make this go smoothly ;)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
The servers wont be up till tomorrow anyway all these people saying the servers will be up at 00.00 are wishful thinkers... really can't see the whole EU team still working at midnight through to the late hours of tomorrow.
Hahaha! Like if!

We were working roughly 18-22 hours a day for the last few days when getting Futurama through (final) submission. Add to that just how anticipated World of Warcraft is [lightyears ahead in comparison :m00:] and you might get a hint at what's going on in the gaming industry.

/dismiss

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Got mine delivered from Game this morning, no fuss, no muss.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Bullitt said:

Well thats just speculation huh? the servers won't be up at 12am. they will be up probably quite early tomorrow the team have probably been given the day off today and told to get some rest.. because no doubt its gonna be a long shift tomorrow for them.

Im not bothered either way... just really can't see the servers being up at midnight if they are then its all good but im not getting any hopes up.

I have the US version to play anyway so not like im missing out :p

mank!

Part of the furniture
Aada said:
I have the US version to play anyway so not like im missing out :p

fuck off and play that then you knobjockey

I hope the servers don't go up at midnight otherwise I won't be able to play until tomorrow, so I'm very selfish.

Gat: no mic, threw my old one away so you won't be treated to my robotic tones any longer. I did download Half Man Half Machine though.

Thug

Fledgling Freddie
the patch we need to download, is it the same 40 meg patch last downloaded for final beta? if so cool cos i still have it

pig

Fledgling Freddie
i just looked at the site and got the 404 with the orc scratching his noggin, hit refresh and now its 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable :eek:

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Thug said:
the patch we need to download, is it the same 40 meg patch last downloaded for final beta? if so cool cos i still have it

Your version should be 1.2.1 (the same that was the final beta version) so yes, it's the same patch

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I got my CE today

*strokes the folks at Gameplay*

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Hrogar said:
Me and a friend calculated that Blizzard should be making about 100 million Euro a month just on the monthly fee (no fee for the first month but then again everyone bought the game for aprox. 4x that sum), so I'm guessing Blizzard has the money and the experience to make this go smoothly ;)
So 10 million subscribers? WTF?

Aada

Part of the furniture
mank said:
fuck off and play that then you knobjockey

I hope the servers don't go up at midnight otherwise I won't be able to play until tomorrow, so I'm very selfish.

Gat: no mic, threw my old one away so you won't be treated to my robotic tones any longer. I did download Half Man Half Machine though.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh poor fucking you i hope the servers do open at 00.00 then by the time tomorrow evening comes il be about lvl 20 running round pwning people like you.

Oh its like DAOC all over again the flames, the rants!, the omfg you suxxor threads and the gratz im lvl 60 threads!

makes me wanna wet myself.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
He was only saying what the rest of us were thinking Aada... now please go away.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Jupitus said:
He was only saying what the rest of us were thinking Aada... now please go away.

Hm well i didn't insult anyone he told me to fuck off? you fuck off then if were starting insults.

Infact forget it il let actions speak when we can start playing tomorrow.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
In no way will this section become like DAOC and if you like Aada Ill start making it a more pleasant environment by asking you either to post constructively or not to post at all.

This community so far has grown nicely people are behaving themselves etc with no l33t / pawn type speech. If you want to do that go do it on the offical forums because we are NOT interested.

Not speaking with my mod hat on but personally people like you annoy the living hell out of me, you think you know it all, you think you are elite well at the end of the day you will end up a pile of dust in the ground like the rest of us...

I would appreciate it if people who use these forums to ask questions are treated with respect. We are not all l33t power gamers like you Aada. We are people with lives away from their computers who don't have the time to read up on every detail about a game and come here for support and help.

If you don't like that then go, leave, troll somewhere else - I can assure you with that attitude you won't be missed.

fEN

Fledgling Freddie
Date Order No Items Status Value
09/02/2005 xxxxxxxx World of Warcraft - PC and MAC Complete £31.98

Guarenteed next day delivery ! :)

Indio

Fledgling Freddie
Blimey you are an impatient bunch.

Must admit that the gap between end of beta and retail has made me feel quite miserable and itching for Friday tho ;)

Woot! registration website up.

seaotter

Fledgling Freddie
Damm how come i always miss the fights when there happening.Anyway calm down and i'm sure that by tomorrow this will all be forgotten and all holding hands singing around a log fire in polar neck jumpers while sharing a glass of........oh bollocks carry on .

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Got my copy today, Seen lots of boxes at my local game store on Wednesday.

Thing is they dident have no adverts for it, not even one of them funky card-board cut outs.

Now lets just hope the world does not end tomorrow.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom