Anyone received a copy of the game yet?

mank!

Part of the furniture
As per subject, come on give me a ray of hope!

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't. Though the shop said we'd receive our copies the 11th. But.. meh.. that'd mean they have to send it tomorrow. Not quite sure if they'll do..

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
none here either as of yet; still hopfully gameplay will come through with my CE by friday :p though can see my gf having her copy before me from game >.<

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
game told me that the shop gets the copies in on the thursday they just aint allowed to sell em till the friday so maybe they post em thursday?

mank!

Part of the furniture
I was hoping it would be here tomorrow, so I could logon at 12:01am Friday morning just to make sure I get my character name but it doesn't look as it that will happen, according to Game.net my order status has gone from picking and packing to awaiting authorisation which is a bit worrying :(

Getting serious withdrawal now, but at least the break between end of beta and retail has given me chance to go look for a job/go on the dole :D

*shakes*

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i used to work in a computer games store and when GTA vice city came out we got it the morning before the release date (the store i mean)

what happens is some stores release early to make money so they all sell early...saves the chance of teh release date being brought forward

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
rumour has it that wow works through firewalls so get a techie job with a pc facing away from the crowd :p

damn my outfacing monitor grrrrrr

mank!

Part of the furniture
plus you can alt-tab out of WoW quite nicely I've noticed :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
oblimov said:
rumour has it that wow works through firewalls so get a techie job with a pc facing away from the crowd :p

lol get some clever looking excel sheet and save it as your desktop, if you got xp hide all the icons and alt tab.

someone may wonder why no work is done after a few days lol

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
oblimov said:

not on any of my firewalls it wont, unless it tunnels through port 80... + any updates will require a torrent stream.

personally i suspect y copy will turn up the middle of next week due to play.com being "special"

Bahumat

FH is my second home
also they say they deliver on the 11th but it may be an afternoon delivery???may be wrong but i heard play.com arent too reliable

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
aye play.com aint reliable

if i can remember far back to the mists of time with my daoc copy it arrived about a week after the retail started

Cyradix

FH is my second home
GAME assured us we will get our copy before the 11th. That leaves only tomorrow….
I left orders at home to call me the sec to postman arrives ;)

Sky

Fledgling Freddie
Well, my Play.com order has switched from being 'preorder' to 'processing' (which means they're taking the payment from the card now), the next stage is 'packing'... so even if I don't get it friday, I don't think it'll be much behind.

The only probs I ever had with Play was receiving DAOC expansions a day late, not a huge deal.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Sky said:
Well, my Play.com order has switched from being 'preorder' to 'processing' (which means they're taking the payment from the card now), the next stage is 'packing'... so even if I don't get it friday, I don't think it'll be much behind.

The only probs I ever had with Play was receiving DAOC expansions a day late, not a huge deal.
play is usually at least 3 days postage due to being offshore though. i'm kinda expecting mine on monday, although sat would be nice and friday would be perfect as i'm bunking work due to tiredness and stress and the fact i worked all weekend the weekend before last.

Sonny

Fledgling Freddie
Play has changed my status to packing so it should be here for Saturday at the latest and as its only cost me £16.19 i dont mind waiting an extra day.

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
I used Play.com regularly (9 pages of past orders!) and most of the time Friday releases do not turn up until the following Tuesday, sometimes Wednesday. Not ALL the time, but most of the time.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Gameplay show my order as being picked with a despatch date of today! woot!

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Your order has been dispatched via Royal Mail first class service on: 09 February 2005

w00t!!!! :clap:

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
GAME.net - Status:
Your order has been received and is currently awaiting authorisation or release.

:<

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Game is waiting auth so will probably be dispactched this afternoon Game Play is guarenteed delivery before 1.30pm on Friday (as per telcon).

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
I ordered via Gameplay. It still says "ordered" on the site, and no email from them yet :(

On an alternative note, I got an email about the Matrix stress test, ha ha.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
We regret to inform you that this order cannot be fulfilled as your card issuer declined
to authorise payment on this occasion.

We are sorry to disappoint you with this news and suggest you may want to contact
your issuing bank before using the card again.

nerf not having enough money :p

Gesta

Loyal Freddie
Heres a great idea, go and buy it from the shop Friday morning

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
If it doesn't arrive on Friday I certainly will do that! :D

Edit: wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Description Status Despatch Date
COLLECTORS EDITION - World of Warcraft Being Picked Today

Maghica

One of Freddy's beloved
<---in Belgium
I just got a call from the shop, I can pick up the game at 11am on friday
:bazbeer::bazbeer:

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Good hopefully it will be the same for me. I can't be arsed and certainly don't have the money to be buying a copy in stores if it doesn't arrive. I can't see why they wouldn't allow copies to be shipped out tomorrow...i mean it's a game where they get to say when you play it. It's not like people will be playing a day earlier than everyone else. I suppose it's to do with lega mumbo jumbo shite.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
My christmas present from Damini's bro should be arriving soon then. :)

Thug

Fledgling Freddie
Your order has been dispatched via Royal Mail first class service on: 09 February 2005
nice :clap:

Ziva

Fluffy
Gonna pick up the collectors edition on friday. Shop told me they will get on thursday but they arent allowed to hand them out untill friday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom