Any up for Uthgard?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
With Uthgard u have to patch your daoc folder to classic right ?

Does that fook up my Ywain accounts etc ?

Just copy the colder into a new file , rename it then roll the new one back on that folder :D

Simples

meercat-Medium-2.jpg

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
For the people having problems with not seeing their buffs and having "-1" in their targetbar you have to downgrade the daoc folder to >1.103 patch, I had the same problem but I have a mirror folder of daoc 1.99 on my other hdd for fast installs so I used that without making any changes.

Not sure how you would solve the issue without getting hold of an actual complete folder from an older patch. Not fun to DL 5 gb daoc via msn :p

Just did some 8v8 and man the lack of cure ns, too low power regain and slow cast speed is ghey :d

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Shall we seriously start a 8 man group @ level 1 and level up some toons? :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
the first 20 levels suck, then grouping is not so bad from there on imo.

Also i hate the fact you arent allowed to use buffbots. Means i have to use both my internets, 1 for each pc hehe .. nah but serously its stupid imo .. leveling without them sux.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
up to lvl 18 on the sb now and starting too enjoy playing more now tbh. it is similar to when the game 1st came out where ppl are actively looking for xp grps at all lvls. will see how it goes though. been talkin to a few good ppl there and its actually a breath of fresh air so to speak.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Can anyone write a short and exact way of installing this? I still got camelot laying around on my pc somewhere, but I am a simple man and not very good with computers anymore :)

Nibble

Part of the furniture
basically just google daoc freeshards, will be the link with like dol in the link, then theres explanations on how to update etc,

side note God its bloody slow exping im only lvl 3 taking ages thinking of just reopening US

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Can anyone write a short and exact way of installing this? I still got camelot laying around on my pc somewhere, but I am a simple man and not very good with computers anymore :)

go here

DAOC Portal &bull; Portal Page

click downloads for

2) A DAoC Portal Client
This is used so you can connect your DAoC Game Client to Dawn of Light powered servers on the DAoC Portal Server List.
Download DAoC Portal Client (510.82 kB) v 2.3

get the portal client 2.3

then

you need version 1.103 of daoc to play without any bugs n things.

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

use the above to roll back your version.

then

Uthgard downloadpage

get the classic patch.

rollback your version of daoc, open daocportal from start/programs click Client then Mod Manager, accept then u should see the classic patch file. tick it and
hit patch.

now you should have ver 1103 running with classic patch.

when u open daoc portal highlight uthgard, type in a user name an password and play.

if it dont work follow this

Uthgard Herald

good luck.

Lardrs

Fledgling Freddie
go here

DAOC Portal &bull; Portal Page

click downloads for

2) A DAoC Portal Client
This is used so you can connect your DAoC Game Client to Dawn of Light powered servers on the DAoC Portal Server List.
Download DAoC Portal Client (510.82 kB) v 2.3

get the portal client 2.3

then

you need version 1.103 of daoc to play without any bugs n things.

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

use the above to roll back your version.

then

Uthgard downloadpage

get the classic patch.

rollback your version of daoc, open daocportal from start/programs click Client then Mod Manager, accept then u should see the classic patch file. tick it and
hit patch.

now you should have ver 1103 running with classic patch.

when u open daoc portal highlight uthgard, type in a user name an password and play.

if it dont work follow this

Uthgard Herald

good luck.

now that is useful :clap:

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
if anyone got spare plats on uthgard an dont need em (mid) and want to trade for plat on ywain let me know.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
So wich classes are wort playing then?
And any guilds recruting? (i dont have time to play everyday).

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I don't play DAoC 24/7 but yeah ok..?

Seems this forum has gone downhill :(

Drummer-Deamer

Fledgling Freddie
So wich classes are wort playing then?
And any guilds recruting? (i dont have time to play everyday).

If with old RAs hybrids ain't getting determination I'd stay clear of them unless you're into soloing. Apart from that Necros are not implemented, BDs only get one pets and Ani bombers are borked. Apart from that pretty much any class works. Can hook u up with some stuff should you play hib.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Got a 35 Chanter, play once a week, the old frontiers are the clincher for me, but the BG's are the new one's.
Superbly run server, anyone dissing it is just being a tw@t.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Got a 35 Chanter, play once a week, the old frontiers are the clincher for me, but the BG's are the new one's.
Superbly run server, anyone dissing it is just being a tw@t.

Think i've got exactly the same thing :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
When I get home from Madrid I´ll probably set up a thread with a poll to see which realm people would prefer to play. It is not like ywain where you can start all three realms at the same time. Focus has to be on one realm at first. The result of the poll will be where I start a guild called something like FreddysHouse or something and everyone will be welcome. Atleast 8 people are needed before I start it tho. Cba with running about with 2-5 people not getting xp and the grind is slow. The perfect setup would be something where the pve group could go out and rvr afterwards witout leveling new chars.

personally I would prefer to play alb, but im open for anything really.. Would hope to see a guild like Project Camlann when it was first launched, but on Uthgard where everyone helped one another out to get sorted out.

I´ll be back monday, but wont play for a few days I reckon

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
got my sb to lvl 31 now, joined a really good active guild where there are members online throughout the day/night. many US and EU players. The alliance is busy and it seems there a lot of rvr about. think i seen up to 748 players online at peak time which to me in the UK is around early to late evening.
the cities have plenty of ppl crafting so its easy enough to get low lvl armour/weaps, all of mine so far has been made for me with no cost, ppl seem quite happy to just help.
Df is the place to xp, so when it changes realm u get the buzz of knowing u got limited time to xp :). and if u want to go kill xp'rs u know there will be plenty of em there.
all in all there always seems to be ppl in all zones either xp/quest/rvr, it really does seem like theres more ppl than there is. its easy to get into xp grps so lvl'ng isnt too much of a grind.
thats my take on it so far anyway, give it ago, it dont cost nothing you may be pleasantly surprised, i'm glad i did.

Everz

FH is my second home
Wait till you get to 50, the rvr is a huge disappointment imho. Unless the BGs have been sorted out that is?

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Wait till you get to 50, the rvr is a huge disappointment imho. Unless the BGs have been sorted out that is?

maybe it is, but at the moment i'm not too bothered about that, just enjoying the moment, its like a walk down memory lane. when i get to 49 i'll stop off in the bg an then see how it is. Then decide what to do next.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
bb's

So whats the thing with buffbots?
Im not allowed to have a cleric/druid/shaman on stick and lvl it as i level myself?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, and when you go RvR you get zerged by about 200 people.. fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom