Any up for Uthgard?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
What classes get autotrain on uthgard ? And what can they autotrain ?

Also if i use a respec stone at level 50 is the autotraining lost or ?

Thanks in advance , <goes back to xping skald/ranger>

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Surely it must be possible to set up a group that has pbae, heals, buffs, power regen and a block tank even at lower levels?

Alb it'd be 2 clerics, ice wiz, arms/paladin and sorc/minstrel

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I dunno im just very bored with it atm , my skald is now 15 and just as i was gonna start xping in df to make some gold albs take it , FUUUUUUUUUUU :*(

But if a group is being made count me in on anything but a support class , well cause that just isnt good and will lead to bad things :p

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i would say i'd be up for playing pac healer, but then again i only wanna play casually and not set times etc

Zrawkor

One of Freddy's beloved
Not so funny playing a server where everyone sucks is it?
tbh need some challenge

There's actually a few good groups around. On Alb you have Rare and KT, on Hib Vanquish and possibly MB and in Mid it's currently mainly the Rollercoaster midgets.

Problem is not all of those groups manage to get together regularly and pretty much every PuG is at most mediocre.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
Made it to lvl 5 then re activated zerker account on ywain,actualy had alot of fun

Nibble

Part of the furniture
same as what decep said id be up 4 it when my new pc arrives

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be up for it, will play anything! Playing on Eden atm, and loving it.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
rolled a sb called Shagnasty got it too lvl 8 so far, dont mind really about slow xpin, i'm only playin when bored at work.

anyway if u see me about say hi :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You play Eden, It sucks now, i used to be a GM there, but then they kicked us all out because after telling us that Eve and Adam won't allow the servers to see next year and then got rid of my RR11 account, so I gave up with them hehe ;)

Lardrs

Fledgling Freddie
Been on Uthgard a while , made a Paladin and now am halfway through 37. Exp is very very slow, even in the few decent groups it is painful. Suits me though cos my game time is limited so can't really commit to a regular time. Braemar BG was good fun, even managed a few kills solo. Working my way to 40 so I can hit Wilton.

Main RVR doesn't seem well populated, lots of chars calling/LFG in Thid though.

In game as Feonyx, happy to group etc.

Cheers

ps.s I was in a previous DAoC life

Lardrs Fatknacker, Troll Shaman on Mid/Pry and a few others

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
The thing I don't understand about free shards is, if you're going to go to all that effort why not sort out the client too?

DAoC's graphics engine and UI stinks. I guess the problem is getting artists and animators, but think of all the stuff that could be fixed:

* Programmable UI (a la wow, preferably a real language not lua)
* More style animations
* A semi-up to date graphics engine
* Generally looking and performing better

I wonder where they're hosting the servers (presumably Scandinavia or maybe Russia) as lawsuits must be a significant issue.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The thing I don't understand about free shards is, if you're going to go to all that effort why not sort out the client too?

DAoC's graphics engine and UI stinks. I guess the problem is getting artists and animators, but think of all the stuff that could be fixed:

* Programmable UI (a la wow, preferably a real language not lua)
* More style animations
* A semi-up to date graphics engine
* Generally looking and performing better

I wonder where they're hosting the servers (presumably Scandinavia or maybe Russia) as lawsuits must be a significant issue.

The game is editted alot, just per server, not the whole DOL, there's things like customized classes where they made up new nukes with new animations etc

It's not actually illegal, I was talking to someone who co-ran DOL/Eden, and basically explained to me aslong as they don't recieve any money from anyone it's not seen as illegal.

Guess the effort to do what you said is nil because they can't make any money out of it, I think it's about time that EA/Mythic hired some of the DOL staff because some of the things on the servers were so unique and clever, and generally made the servers more fun with alot smaller population.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It's not actually illegal, I was talking to someone who co-ran DOL/Eden, and basically explained to me aslong as they don't recieve any money from anyone it's not seen as illegal.

As long as they don't have Mythic's permission to run the servers then they are illegal.

It doesn't matter if they don't charge anything for it.

Mythic just isn't caring enough to hunt them down as that costs money, and DAoC isn't doing well enough to be worth the effort.

But they did close down loads and loads of pirate servers when the game was really popular.

And if they have actually altered the game code then it's even worse.

nysahtyk

Banned
Nothing will bring back the feeling I had when playing many years ago. Uthgard can replicate the features of 1.65 all it likes but it will never manage to emulate the community spirit of Prydwen/Excalibur.

Not for me.

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
Hey all,

Currently (kinda) playing my minstrel on ywain6, but if there are people playing on UTH ??

ill come on and say hi. much love

Plutaris

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
omg im hurt Levi : )

:wub: you too. Are you still about in any capacity ?

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Puni whats ur name on Uthgard and what hours do you play?

I got alot of low lvl items stocked on various mules and I also got lgm Wcer, ACer and Alch on mid if you need some stuff made :x

Actually pondering to make myself a bers from scratch :)

I got a hack that gives old moose and old stag form that still works on Uthgard hamster mode 4tw!

leviathane

Part of the furniture
well got to a dizzy height of lvl 2 for today :) that's too much xp'ing for me for one day.

Btw am i bugged or something, can't see buffs or train. Do i need to use classic/toa ui or something?

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
With Uthgard u have to patch your daoc folder to classic right ?

Does that fook up my Ywain accounts etc ?

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i'm running the current live version, but then again i haven't played ywain for a cpl months now so won't affect me. Need the classic mod, which install via the dol loader, to rvr anyway.

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
ahh ok , well made a Skald - named Plutaris. hopefully see people about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom