Any up for Uthgard?

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Oooooh, OF and Old RAs, yes please! Had a set group running on Yggdrasil when that server was up and running, old frontiers, old ra's, no toa crap. Running old school alb setup again was so much fun. :)

Alot of nice things with Uthgard for sure, I got a 50 rr5 pac healer on there and a 50 rr4lx infil there ( played with rambo, evita, dioz, constanze and the greek PE pala forgot his name :p )

The real problem with uthgard wich me and Zarkor have told the devs 1 million times is

1) No cure ns
2) too low mana regen rates
3) the oldest crafting system wich makes it a real chore to make any pots at all, as in you need 55 ingredients to make 1 pot then you have to make a billion pots and each time combine them until you can make a full barrel

Thats really the only problems keeping the server from beeing the best rvr server online, including the mythic ones..yet the stubborn devs and GMs just refuse to back down on these 3 simple issues stating "it isn't in line with the classic experience".
Just makes no sense to me to have red NS last 2 mins with no immunity at all, and have to 30 min purge to get rid of it. Also the low power bar means as a paccer carrying power pots, mcl2, rp, red PoX and mana regen2 you run out of power in 30 seconds after you used it all.

Makes rvr crap tbh those 3 minor things they refuse to change.

Other then that the server is fantastic, the community is friendly like in the old days, exping is not that bad at all as other mentioned can go from 40-50 in ~12 hours @ hulks with a decent grp, if you pbaoe alot faster then that.

Pbaoe grp could do 1-50 in a weekend easily playing 6-8 hours a day.

Shame really they don't fix the CNS crap and the power rates would be an awesome server else.

Might also add that the server has 0 lag, it is run on an i7 cpu with 100 mbit up and down fiber, it is far superior to the old servers at mythics.

- English -

Resident Freddy
got a 47 druid and 43 chanter but havent played for a couple of months .. the one thing i didnt like too much was exp is very dependant on camp bonuses. Withthem you hit your cap xp, without its shit. And the mob loses camp bonus when it dies once and can take hours for it to get back again. Which means your always roaming through dungeons rather than camping 1 place.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
got a 47 druid and 43 chanter but havent played for a couple of months .. the one thing i didnt like too much was exp is very dependant on camp bonuses. Withthem you hit your cap xp, without its shit. And the mob loses camp bonus when it dies once and can take hours for it to get back again. Which means your always roaming through dungeons rather than camping 1 place.

Thats how xping used to be on live tho :D

Tempted to give it a go myself tbh as ywain isnt worth 35 quid a month atm

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Alot of nice things with Uthgard for sure, I got a 50 rr5 pac healer on there and a 50 rr4lx infil there ( played with rambo, evita, dioz, constanze and the greek PE pala forgot his name :p )

The real problem with uthgard wich me and Zarkor have told the devs 1 million times is

1) No cure ns
2) too low mana regen rates
3) the oldest crafting system wich makes it a real chore to make any pots at all, as in you need 55 ingredients to make 1 pot then you have to make a billion pots and each time combine them until you can make a full barrel

Thats really the only problems keeping the server from beeing the best rvr server online, including the mythic ones..yet the stubborn devs and GMs just refuse to back down on these 3 simple issues stating "it isn't in line with the classic experience".
Just makes no sense to me to have red NS last 2 mins with no immunity at all, and have to 30 min purge to get rid of it. Also the low power bar means as a paccer carrying power pots, mcl2, rp, red PoX and mana regen2 you run out of power in 30 seconds after you used it all.

Makes rvr crap tbh those 3 minor things they refuse to change.

Other then that the server is fantastic, the community is friendly like in the old days, exping is not that bad at all as other mentioned can go from 40-50 in ~12 hours @ hulks with a decent grp, if you pbaoe alot faster then that.

Pbaoe grp could do 1-50 in a weekend easily playing 6-8 hours a day.

Shame really they don't fix the CNS crap and the power rates would be an awesome server else.

Might also add that the server has 0 lag, it is run on an i7 cpu with 100 mbit up and down fiber, it is far superior to the old servers at mythics.

You wanted classic ruleset and you got it , i dont see the point , sounds like cherrypicking to me and thats the kind of thing that made the live classic<not really> servers a flash in the pan failure

- English -

Resident Freddy
Thats how xping used to be on live tho :D

Tempted to give it a go myself tbh as ywain isnt worth 35 quid a month atm

nah on live you could stay at the camp until x amount of time. On Uthgard you kill the mob once and when it respawns it no longer has bonus

br1te

Loyal Freddie
Meh last time i played there was 2years ago when they said that was all they could handle. , sorry mr.nerd.

you've turned into a proper forum asshat from when i last knew you.

br1te

Loyal Freddie
might give it a try as im currently playing war once or twice a week and is alright, but aint no daoc! and ywain is, well..... american.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
- you don't need that long to level up. (my fastest lv 50 was done in 4 days)
fungster

4 days is way to much for the fastest lvl50 :(

and no wardens with slam and no BG (or did i just make that "no BG" thing up?) :/

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
You wanted classic ruleset and you got it , i dont see the point , sounds like cherrypicking to me and thats the kind of thing that made the live classic<not really> servers a flash in the pan failure

Cherrypicking or not, mythic did introduce cure nearsight in the support classes healing line for a reason when classic servers where launched.

NS wasn't such a big problem back in the day since most people didn't use it, or didn't know what it did.

These days two competent 8 mans facing eachother will have eachother NSed for the whole dur of the fight wich makes it pritty much pointless to have healers since they cannot heal, cc etc etc. Top that off with 30 min purge, slower cast rates, very short ammount of power and there is no fun in playing a support class hence nobody does and rvr is shite.

I tried 8v8ing on uthgard and with a competent team you will steam roll everything as long as you have a good nser. If the enemey is decent all you will do the entire fight as a healer is run around with NS kiting tanks can't do anything. And if you manage to avoid the ns or purge it and not get it reapplied instantly you will run out of power in 10-12 heals and like amnesia on a paccer uses 15% power lol..

Lets put it this way, I'd play if those 3 server settings didn't wave a gun at me telling me to fuck off :)

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
is the server set before la nerf? may have a bash at zerker and see if i can get any guildys interested :p

Septina

Part of the furniture
is the server set before la nerf? may have a bash at zerker and see if i can get any guildys interested :p

Probably not since it's running version 1.65?
So, savage nerf, resist debuff nerf. :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
retarded leveling, shit power regain and no cure NS?

No I don't think so.. Would probably spent some time on it if we made a FH guild and helped eachother out. And not just 8-10 people, more like Project Camlann

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
So.. anyone who started on uth :)?

I love the concept of a load of FH starting together but I think it'd never be the same. The reason being? We've changed as players and I think you'd find it horrible to go back to the past, having experienced the future.

For those that do try it - I wish you the best of luck :drink::drink::drink:

/bow

Punishment

Resident Freddy
EDIT : Lol this is slow :p Level 2 and time for a smoke break already ... intense :D

P.S. Givf 30 min edit timer not 10 , grrr

Drummer-Deamer

Fledgling Freddie
Hullo there

Played Excal for a long time myself and after a long break I started playing daoc again on shards and Uthgard being one of them. After a few years of playing there off and on there I'll share my views.

I stuck through the levelling the first time cause it had been a long time since I played DAoC and had such fond memories of it. However if you're used to things as they are on live I can imagine the process will a big pain in the behind. Being settled there myself with access to all crafters and friends that bot me makes it easier. The staff claims that the server should be classic and not "easymode" (their words not mine) but fails to grasp what DAoC was about for me personally. Exping isn't hard but it's boring as hell. The fact that despite this game being out for almost a decade a lot of the people playing there are even bad at killing mobs doesn't help. XP is a timesink (PL is not worthwhile due to their settings), crafting takes a lot of time, money and frustrations. The plusside is that there's no real equipment gap as templates are rather easy to get together. For PvE fans there's their custom zone Tajendi but that's not my cup of tea.

So is RvR worth sticking through the grind? Well yes and no. The map is OF and as much I looked forward to that out of nostalgia it's no good. Most RvR is situated at amg with the good ol' amg as major chokepoint. There's some 8v8 going on ranging from one to three groups per realm, ranging from the odd (bad) pug to high RR GGs (though skillwise not that impressive). Apart from that there's a lot of stealthers and the odd solo/duo. Keep/zerg rvr is a bit lousy, mostly just people doing guard tasks in deserted zones like Pennine or Yggdra since OF is way too big for the server.

The staff has announced an RvR revamp (including old RAs) but in truth that was 3-4 months ago or more and no estimate of it being finished anywhere soon. Since their forum has been down for a month there's not much communication either. Since I'm ranting anyway I might aswell mention that there are a lot of bugs that have been left unattended for years and the wrong things given priority. Louzy rupt code, insane defense rates and broken or unexisting classes like Ani, Necro or BD. As already mentioned in this thread there's also quite some other issues with rvr play like nearsight being way too strong among others.

Writing all this makes me wonder why I play(ed) there for so long, levelled several 50s, rvr'ed to rr10+ but I guess that despite its flaws it's still DAoC and ofcourse doesn't cost a cent. :p

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Uthgard really trying to get our attention huh?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Im finding it a little dissapointing tbh , i got randomly kicked from server and for the last 15-20 minutes it says accoutn already logged in , crappy tbh and i cant sleep :(

Zrawkor

One of Freddy's beloved
Just for the record, it's patch 1.69 that they intend to go to, not 1.65. ;)

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Im finding it a little dissapointing tbh , i got randomly kicked from server and for the last 15-20 minutes it says accoutn already logged in , crappy tbh and i cant sleep :(

Sounds odd, you sure you got the right patch string on the game? I played some yesterday for fun and had to downgrade to patch 1.99 to get my UI's working. Else I'd get LD's quite often. This happends on live also when your UIs are fawking things up and make you ld/time out.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Sounds odd, you sure you got the right patch string on the game? I played some yesterday for fun and had to downgrade to patch 1.99 to get my UI's working. Else I'd get LD's quite often. This happends on live also when your UIs are fawking things up and make you ld/time out.

Nah its working fine now , just looking for somewhere on mid frontier to level my level 5 skald lol everything wayyy to high tho :p

Self buffs not showing at the top of the screen sux and the end regen is ><

Everz

FH is my second home
Should have a 37 cabalist if anyone wants to take over. 12 zerker also.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Oh man i need a 99% level 12-15 2h Hammer so bad , fastest version possible , swing,miss,swing,miss :p

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Thing is I got a 2nd lvl 50 healer who is templated with a camp temp on uthgard, belonged to an old guildie but his comp died like 2 years ago and havnt seen him since :)..

Would only hand it out though if we could get a grp going. There are some serious farming opportunities to be had even with a decent 6 man on Uthgard, people over there suck so bad its just funny.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Thing is I got a 2nd lvl 50 healer who is templated with a camp temp on uthgard, belonged to an old guildie but his comp died like 2 years ago and havnt seen him since :)..

Would only hand it out though if we could get a grp going. There are some serious farming opportunities to be had even with a decent 6 man on Uthgard, people over there suck so bad its just funny.

Not so funny playing a server where everyone sucks is it?
tbh need some challenge

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom