Anti Muslim Protests

rynnor

Rockhound
BBC NEWS | England | London | Mosque protest group is condemned

The interesting bit is that effectively they are blaming the marchers for the anti-marchers who actually did the damage/attacked the police - is that really democratic?

I personally think the Police and the Government are on a hiding to nothing cracking down on these protests - its more likely to push support towards the far right?

Do people think this is all part of a clever nazi style plot to polarise the masses or just a local reaction?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
All I've seen on that video is dozens of (deliberately) foreign looking so-called "peace-loving" people, in what they claim to be thier most peaceful time, rioting in the streets of our country.

Amazing how these peace-loving, poor oppressed folk use any opportunity available to threaten violence on those that disagree with them.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
all i've seen on that video is dozens of (deliberately) foreign looking so-called "peace-loving" people, in what they claim to be thier most peaceful time, rioting in the streets of our country.

Amazing how these peace-loving, poor oppressed folk use any opportunity available to threaten violence on those that disagree with them.

qft

rynnor

Rockhound
Apparently only 15 people turned up to protest v hundreds of anti-protestors who had come from far and wide to 'protect the mosque'.

The riot police had to form a cordon around the 15 to protect them from the violence of the anti-protestors.

Seems to me the best idea would have been to ignore them rather than organise a massive violent counter protest - the anti fascist league are idiots who seem just as into mindless violence as the groups they oppose...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you ever see riot footage on the Beeb, or any story connected with it, think bullshit.

I lived in Bradford for ten years, saw five or six riots. Not even once did the Beeb get the story anywhere near remotely right. In fact, their stories were so wrong that myself, and all of my friends, came round to the belief that it was deliberate.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Seems to me the best idea would have been to ignore them rather than organise a massive violent counter protest - the anti fascist league are idiots who seem just as into mindless violence as the groups they oppose...

Morons on both sides, morons get reported in news, the whole lot gets a bad name.

No matter what group.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The BBC have no credibility at all, haven't had it for years.

Shame really but that's what you get for putting political buddies in charge.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Hardly shocking is it that a protest by one set of extremists should provoke a reaction from another set of extremists?

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Just ignore it and leave the peasants to fight amongst themselves.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
_46359737_composite466.jpg

Take that image on the BBC website. The EDL are portrayed as snarling, viscious "thugs", while the 3 asian lads are shown to be looking a bit scared.

BBC NEWS | Magazine | Who are the English Defence League?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Take that image on the BBC website. The EDL are portrayed as snarling, viscious "thugs", while the 3 asian lads are shown to be looking a bit scared.

if I read that correctly, the article says that a large amount of support comes from football "firms" and "casuals". if that is true, then they are snarling, viscious "thugs". of cthe article must be wrong because the BBC is apparently untrustworthy.

I lived in Bradford for ten years, saw five or six riots.

I've lived in Arnhem for 24 years and never seen a single riot. Something must be wrong here.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've lived in Arnhem for 24 years and never seen a single riot. Something must be wrong here.

Bradford's a special place Teeds. Majority asian population in certain areas, lots of Indians and Pakistani's living in the same place. And we know how well they get along :)

I remember the NF turning up at an Indian wedding round the corner from my house once. They stayed for ten minutes, drinking at the bar, just long enough for word to get out. A large mob of Pakistani's turned up, just after the NF left, and got into an argument with the Indians there. A couple of windows got smashed. However, they'd sorted it between them and it was just cooling down when the riot police turned up and, of course, the shit hit the fan.

NF never got mentioned by the Beeb. Or any mainstream news outlet for that matter. But we all knew...

As for the above article, I never even read it. I thought, why bother? The beeb's simply too untrustworthy on social unrest in the UK.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Aha I see. I guess the most non Dutch over here (besides English) are Turks, Moroccans and Surinamese who just seem to ignore each other.

So what you're basically saying is that, in the case of your example, the NF was playing a smart game, getting people from nationalities who already have troubles to intermingle at an already charged event. Too bad everyone fell for it. The NF must have been pissing themselves laughing :/

rynnor

Rockhound
For a bit of balance I would like to draw your attention to this story - BBC NEWS | UK | Trio to face 'bomb plot' retrial

2 juries have failed to find them guilty - its seems crazy to consider a 3rd trial - seems like 'lets keep trying them until we get the conviction we want' which is incredibly un-constitutional.

They have been cleared of all other charges and given the emotiveness of being labelled 'terrorists' the fact that juries repeatedly fail to find them guilty is a clear sign that there isnt enough evidence to convict them.

Personally I have a great deal of faith in the jury system - it has shown on many occasions that a jury of normal people can make the right decision despite the will of those in power - the GCHQ case being a great example.

I hate the way our legal system has been warped into a twisted parody of what it once was by Politicians whipping up fear of 'terrorists' :(

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
For a bit of balance I would like to draw your attention to this story - BBC NEWS | UK | Trio to face 'bomb plot' retrial

2 juries have failed to find them guilty - its seems crazy to consider a 3rd trial - seems like 'lets keep trying them until we get the conviction we want' which is incredibly un-constitutional.

You've gotta admit that they look guilty. I can picture them committing the crimes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Labour got rid of double jeopardy for precicely this purpose. No one cared.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Hang on a second,

Surely the real point of this story is that muslims are better at starting a fight than the honest people of our nation.

We should all be ashamed.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Hmmmm can I say what I'm about to say....yes....yes I can.

Indians/Hindu are great on the whole, they try to fit in and are for the most part pleasant people, I have never met a horrible, arrogant Indian. After all Indians were treated like shit by Britain back in the day and they would have a right to be annoyed at us, but no.

Pakistani's/Muslims tend to have a chip on their shoulder before they have a reason to, to me they seem to want the falling outs and agro compared to other races (English not included, we all know we have a massive amount of tits in England). Sweeping statement yes but its simply what I have seen so far. Too many of them think they are Tu-Pac or Eminem (much like lots of the white yoof).

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman

Indians/Hindu are great on the whole, they try to fit in and are for the most part pleasant people, I have never met a horrible, arrogant Indian. After all Indians were treated like shit by Britain back in the day and they would have a right to be annoyed at us, but no.

I do feel for them as they get painted with the same terrorist-coloured brush despite them being lovely people on the whole :(

Also, you're right about never having met a horrible, arrogant Indian. They're maybe the most hospitable people I've ever come across. If only they could wear Dulux colour codes so the clueless people who see them as the 'same' can properly redirect their anger.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Pakistani's/Muslims tend to have a chip on their shoulder before they have a reason to, to me they seem to want the falling outs and agro compared to other races (English not included, we all know we have a massive amount of tits in England). Sweeping statement yes but its simply what I have seen so far. Too many of them think they are Tu-Pac or Eminem (much like lots of the white yoof).

Really wierd as in Dubai these two expat communities act like their opposites. In Dubai I would not trust an Indian further than I could throw him. Many, many bad experiences and attempted rip offs. I find Pakistani's honest and hard working, never once had a bad experience either in Pakistan or with a Pakistani in Dubai.

On the other hand I could a write book on the shit I've seen and put up with in India and experiences with Indian's in Dubai

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Oh yes, but when it comes to money Indians are brutal, got some Indian in the family and they are straight up in saying that when it comes to business and cash you have to be careful when dealing with an Indian. "Work is worship and money is god" is one quote that sticks with me.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Lets face it though Trem, Indians don't like Pakis as a rule either :)

QFT, I worked for an Indian for a few years and he was a great bloke. Loved his cricket etc, came over in the 70s or something.

I got a mate who is half Indian and he explained a few reasons why they hate each other so much.

My point is, the majority of Indians I have met through work, school HAVE integrated.

Most of the pakistanis I have met have not, or at least seem to have not. They do not class themselves as British(a minor matter) and they do not class English as their first language, which is a bit wrong as they are born and bred over here.

Nothing pisses me off more than if you go to school/work and 1 or 2 people are babbling away in their own tongue. Especially when they start laughing and staring/pointing at you. Fucks me off. If your going to slag me off, tell me in a languaged I can respond to. Ignoreant dicks.

Would you move to German and continue to speak German? Or would you make the effort to learn the lingo and fit in?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
If your going to slag me off, tell me in a languaged I can respond to. Ignoreant dicks.

Would you move to German and continue to speak German? Or would you make the effort to learn the lingo and fit in?

What?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Also, you're right about never having met a horrible, arrogant Indian. They're maybe the most hospitable people I've ever come across. If only they could wear Dulux colour codes so the clueless people who see them as the 'same' can properly redirect their anger.
But they do wear Dulux colour codes. I have seen some VERY colourfully dressed asians. My daughter wants to get saris in the same bright colours. :)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Nothing pisses me off more than if you go to school/work and 1 or 2 people are babbling away in their own tongue. Especially when they start laughing and staring/pointing at you. Fucks me off. If your going to slag me off, tell me in a languaged I can respond to. Ignoreant dicks.

I'd make the effort, but I'm a welshman living in Wales so I'm used to 2 languages around me as normal. I'm brought up with english as my first language and sound english, so it's funny when someone tries to talk about me in welsh. They get a real shock when I say "Mae'n ddrwg gen i, dwi'n siarad cymraeg" (I'm sorry, I speak welsh). The look on their face is priceless. :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Oh god aye Indians are business minded and actually they generally do well.

There are 2 countries the West would NOT fuck with and they are China and India, more so India, they are many and also pretty fucking fearless. They have an Indian Gurkha regiment iirc.........not on topic but you know......don't fuck with India :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom