Another person leaving DAOC - Kemor

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
Original thread here:

http://www.prydwen.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14522

Following 2 years of service to the European Dark Age of Camelot community, Kemor has left the GOA DAoC project for pastures new.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kemor for all that he did throughout the time he has been with us and would like to thank him for things such as when he was able to put pressure on to get things sorted and for the effort he put in to organise things like the "Chase the Pig Tournament"

If anyone has any nice screenies or comments by way of a tribute to Kemor then please post them here... please leave any anti GOA/Mythic sentiment out of this thread as its a goodbye to someone who always tried to help.

Thanks for your good natured posts.

I will post some screenies later once I find them on my home PC.

Taki

/salute to Kemor

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Sad to see, kemor helped me out a few times recently and thanks for doing that.I think he also played hib pryd under a lv50 character, i used to know the name but i know what class and guild he was in, not sure if it was true though but not saying anyway since his identity was kept a secret. :)

Maybe he will confirm this or post here later. Oo

emma

Loyal Freddie
Sad to see him go although to be honest i dont blame him one bit for leaving GoA no matter what the reasons were.

http://www.thevortex.demon.co.uk/kemor.jpg

Very nice chap, was great fun exploring DF on Gorre with him and the rest of the guys in the screenie ;p

BTW Kemor = rock hard in game ;p 7 peeps hitting him and he didnt even loose 1% hp ;p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
/Salute Kemor

Been good knowing you m8, mabe cya out there in MMORGP lands far far away.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
He has left GOA, that is sad but true.

Not that much information has been given out though, just that he left.

Bye bye Kemor

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is coming from a reliable source (Prydwen Eyes and Ears team), so please let's keep this to a friendly goodbye thread without petty squabbling. I will be tidying the thread out to keep it on topic, and will try to write a few lines of my own about our old GM on Prydwen later. No offense to those whose posts are deleted :fluffle:

Thrunge

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for all your help and /salute Kemor

Good luck in whatever you do next....

:worthy:

A

Aoln

emma said:
BTW Kemor = rock hard in game ;p 7 peeps hitting him and he didnt even loose 1% hp ;p
We had a sidi force hitting him before and he still didn't lose 1%, then he aoe nuked everyone :p

Bye Kemor, you were a good GM :)

Cyfr

Banned
Bye bye, hopefully goa will now get a GM who gives a crap about the community :)

DeadKemor.jpg

Kemor aer teh dead :clap:

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Bah, that's sad to know.

Bloody great bloke, one of the friendliest i've ever met.

Good luck Kemor on whatever you choose to do next, see you around. ;)

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh I still think depsite all the goa grumblings that you were a good gm.

Enjoy rl and ty for your prydwen help.

/salute

Tilda

C Ya Kemor,
Good luck with whatever you do next :D

Tilda

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
Kemor

Kemor helped me out several times - he's a real good guy imo - so good luck, mate - and whatever you're up to....ENJOY!!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok, where do I start? I guess I need to be a bit careful over GOA policy stuff I have an insight to, but I'll try to shed some light on the 'real' Kemor.

I first met Kemor as a level 20 n00b on what I think was the first successful keep raid (yes keep, not relic) during beta. 'General' Thrinnor (waves, incase he reads) led a raid from Albion to take a Midgard keep with a huge bunch of lowbies, myself included, at the end of beta, and Kemor was interested enough to show up there as a glowing dot, if I recall. I sent him a tell to say how great the game was and we had a short chat.

A few months later, after release, they formed the Eyes and Ears teams. People dedicated to the game and the community, who would give feedback to the server GMs about the overall feeling of the community. I applied to the team and was accepted along with some of the other Prydwen players of all realms *waves at some of the other E&E team*.

At the same time, and not widely known, I joined the events team. This was alot quieter and involved taking part as player controlled role-playing characters during events. It was through this I learnt the most about what Kemor did for the community. He would spend endless hours working on storylines, and then we would act them out with his help and guidance, involving those roleplaying players who would pick up on it and join in. Frequently, I know, Kemor would be so wrapped up in trying to make things 'right' for the community that he'd be in work so late he'd end up sleeping in the office.

After having known him for a while I was in Paris for work, and I met Kemor for a few beers. What I suspected about him was confirmed. He cared so much for the community it was almost tangible. He talked about cheats, and trying to stop them but without being unfair to those wrongly accused. He talked about roleplayers enjoying events and trying to get more people involved. He talked about what was and was not possible with the game engine to create atmosphere and fun for all in DAOC and how he had spent hours working out new schemes and macroes to use.

He cared, passionately, about the community and game he was a part of. He played also, yes. I remember fighting him as he attacked an Albion keep, and he kicked my butt, of course. He roleplayed with me during a sabbatical on Albion, along with other well known roleplayers of the time, though I was sworn to secrecy, and still am.

In short, I know Kemor very well from my time in DAOC, and I have cringed and been outraged at some of the comments collectively aimed at him and the team. He was an outstanding GM for DAOC/Prydwen and though yoiu may not realise it, he will be a very sad loss indeed for the server.

/Salute is not enough :(

Good Luck, K.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Well, he has been really helpful, and good work always keeping your head so cool even with everyone whining etc, especially with all the crap thrown at you which you cant do jack about, especially when your bound to all kinds of rules... well done

good luck with the next job GM boi :p ;)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Kemor has been pretty helpfull, even during out-of-work hours. Will be sad to see him leave... although he's probably found a job which pays more and doesn't expect him to support 3000 aggressive gamers :p

Suspicious orb - top left

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
GoA lost out here and the community. :touch:

I doubt they will find anyone else so dedicated to the job and customers.

Im in shock. All these years I have associated the name Kemor with DAoC. To me, this is like logging in and camelot not being there xE.

Good luck Kemor & thank you :cheers:

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
a sad day for the english comunity, kemor helped us out many times, thx for that kemor, have fun with whatever you do next.

Phusion.

liste

Fledgling Freddie
I dont have my screenshots anymore, sadly, but i think alot of people remember the Frensh Flag Gathering in Emain, in honour of Kemors birthday. Maybe someone else has a screenshot :)

I could pretty much just repeat Jupi's post. Kemor is more than a stand up guy!

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Always sad to see someone who cares about the game leave.

But can you blame him with the currant state of the game?

GL mate.

Ziva

Fluffy
Bye bye Kemor, thanks for all the support and efforts you made for this game. I hope you will be very happy with your new job and in the future :)

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Goodbye kemor, i hope you find a job where your dedication and passion for your work are appreciated and you have a great life.

You've been a great friend to the community over the years and a great help to us poor gamers.

Pints will be raised to you I've no doubt.
:drink:

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
I first met Kemor during beta when myself and three other guild members had discovered a bug at the Arawnite camps in Snowdonia (anyone else remember camping Arawnite chain because it was the highest con armour in the game at one point? :) ) which let you get a couple of the wandering Headhunters stuck on a spear and smite (when smite was good) them to death. He appeared as the green jewel and watched us replicate it so that he knew what needed fixing. The next time I saw him was during the beta keep raids as he was observing our unique and varied attempts at wiping to guards or the lord.

During retail the first time I really heard from him was when I got an email inviting me to nominate 8 members of our guild to take part in the first (and only) cross server event on Gorre. Albion won of course :) I also had an amusing conversation with him when a level 50 Elf named Kemor turned up in our Albion guild on the chronicles one day. There probably aren't many people who can claim to have been Kemor's GM, if only for one day ;)

He always seemed a very nice and professional person when I spoke to him. It always suprised me how much he was online because invariably whenever there was major trouble he was there to help. The Prydwen community will probably never have another person like him but I can't blame someone for leaving after seeing how GOA run things over the years. Anyway I'm sure it is a complete coincidence that World of Warcraft has been recruiting European server GMS.... :)

Heart

Fledgling Freddie
Bye kemor you be missed by all I'm sure :fluffle:

You helped the community lots... going to miss your events like the game of football outside vale of mularn along with the numerous other events and help you have provide the daoc community :worthy:

Good luck for the future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom