Annoying gfx problem

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
This begun when i got TOA, though it seems to happen with SI client too so the problem isnt in toa client. When im playing the comp can suddenly freeze for like 6 secs and then the screen looks like this. Ok it isnt that bad itself but after a while it can freeze again for 6 secs but after that its complitely unplayable (freezes all the time) and i can only reset computer. Anyone know what might cause this and how to get rid of it? my gfx card is GeForce Fx 5600

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
it looks like the gfx card is shot to be honest run a 3d mark benchmark on it and you will see it happen there.
i would say its the memory is your fan on the gfx card working properly?

Dev1l

Fledgling Freddie
I would say the same to check the card is firmly on the Motherboard and not slightly loose (I had a problem with that and it drove me nuts until I found that the card moved slightly)

also do the norm.. update the drivers here uninstall the drivers that are there then update with the new drivers..
also update the Direct X drivers (again if needed) here if your still getting it after reinstalling all this then it may be down to the hardware.....

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Make sure you have a power supply beefy enough for your pc too

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
yeah as said previously, it's almost definitely a hardware problem

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
I've tried all kinds of stuff like updating gfx card drivers and directx and checking inside computer if card is slightly lose but still having the problem :(
So thought i'd bump this post a bit if anyone else has any suggestions what might cause it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom