Problem with name change after freexfer

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
So in a fit of nostalgia I awakened my long dead daoc account (after accidentally creating and subbing a new one), but have run into a problem with the transfer to the new Ywain servers. Obviously my original name is taken, and I have an email to that effect telling me that the character name has been changed to <yournamehere>190. When I select the charcacter and try to log in on the Ywain server I am given 2 choices - confirm the name change or cancel. Confirming doesn't do anything.

Am I being impatient? How long does the transfer take? Is there an address at Mythic that can help with daoc stuff - the EA account management page is very keen to direct me to Warhammer support.

tia,

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
silly question but what are you changing it to ?
it has to be a legal name, you CANNOT have numbers in it, though some people have worked around that
and if you are changing it , it has to be unique, if someone else has it, it will just sit there and twiddle its thumbs at you ;/

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't tried to change it, the transfer process has already done that by appending the number 190 to the end of transferred character names. I can't log in, can't change my name and can't confirm the automatically changed name, presumably because it contains numbers.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Never mind I finally realised that I could just type / backspace in the box asking me to confirm the name change. 7 years of modern gaming has made me forget how much responsibility lies with me to get anything out of this game's user interface!

Right how do I create macros and installs addons :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom