News Amy winehouse found dead

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Amy Winehouse...RIP

Not a huge fan of her music, in fact I have been saddened to hear of how her life was in a downward drugs spiral... shouldn't be surprised really but dying at 27 is horrendous. Why on earth were more poeple not helping her out.

R.I.P.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
RIP... She was amazing before the drugs and drink ruined her beyond repair. As you say, she should have had help from those that called themselves friends.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I couldn't care tbh. Ive never liked her music, attitude to life (the drugs) and the rehab. Its been thrust upon me so many times in the news, and hopefully after this passes it will be the last of it. She is no hero, but I expect the symphathy singers to come out the closest and make her something she wasnt. Nothing but a bad role model.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Bit of a waste of a life though. I thought she was a very good singer regardless if you liked her style of singing.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
More fame she got the more heroin she bought, doubtful a suicide. More like a OD, fuck the skag addict imo, care more for the Norwegians murdered ....

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Good riddance. No time for drug addicts. Different story if you were forced into it, and I very much doubt she was.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Bit of a waste of a life though. I thought she was a very good singer regardless if you liked her style of singing.

Guess thats down to opinion regarding her singing. However, she had the opportunity to turn herself around, so yes it is a waste of life, especially when I see the news of Norway when innocent people had theirs taken away without a choice or chance. There's no justice.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Good riddance. No time for drug addicts. Different story if you were forced into it, and I very much doubt she was.
how do you get forced into drug abuse?
i dont get it, if she didnt die from an overdose would you be saddend then?

rip

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Merged threads. Dys was first.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Didnt like much of her stuff, but was a talented singer. Is a waste of a life but was always going to die early with the amount of shit she pumped into her body so it isnt a surprise

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Yes, she had her demons. A great voice but a tortured soul. 27 was very young. Feel sorry for her mum & dad. RIP

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I'd always hoped she'd turn around, get clean, sort herself out. I have zero respect for skanky Winehouse, but pre skank she was talented, she did have an amazing voice and a really tight tight stage show. I hoped she might get that back, a lot of great artists have had long dark periods of their lives.

Interesting that she was 27.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
She never hurt me. Never said anything to upset me, never upset my friends or people I care about. I never met her, she didn't cost me any money and brought me only happiness when I listened to her music, of which "Love is a Losing Game" is my favourite.

So quite why some people feel the need to gloat over her untimely death and lecture us all about how "anyone who touches drugs is an idiot mkay" is beyond me. Why must people always be so judgemental?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
What a wasted talent, she should have surrounded herself with people who actually cared about her instead of hangers on who no doubt made it almost impossible to sort herself out.

R.I.P

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Dont care for her tbh, feel sorry for her dad, he tried so hard for her. What a waste

Bahumat

FH is my second home
how do you get forced into drug abuse?
i dont get it, if she didnt die from an overdose would you be saddend then?

rip

No I would not care either way as I don't think much of her as a person from all you see of her media antics.

What I meant about forced is like those girls in Taken. Ok it's a film, but if it did happen and people were given drugs with no real choice in the matter, I would feel sorry for them.

You hear about these people who come to England from another country and have to borrow loads of money to get here, then the people who got them here force them into unwanted jobs to pay back the money.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
No I would not care either way as I don't think much of her as a person from all you see of her media antics.

What I meant about forced is like those girls in Taken. Ok it's a film, but if it did happen and people were given drugs with no real choice in the matter, I would feel sorry for them.

You hear about these people who come to England from another country and have to borrow loads of money to get here, then the people who got them here force them into unwanted jobs to pay back the money.
Lot worse than that mate, look at the eastern European and Asian sex/slave trade. Even babys get snatched and taken over the border quite often, but different story and thread :p

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
She never hurt me. Never said anything to upset me, never upset my friends or people I care about. I never met her, she didn't cost me any money and brought me only happiness when I listened to her music, of which "Love is a Losing Game" is my favourite.

So quite why some people feel the need to gloat over her untimely death and lecture us all about how "anyone who touches drugs is an idiot mkay" is beyond me. Why must people always be so judgemental?

Unlike others Tom, she had the network and money to get help. She basically pissed on all of that and kept on going.

There are more deserving people in this world than Amy. Her death is a reminder, just because you have fame and wealth doesn't mean you are immortal.

bainteor

Banned
I obviously don't know much with regards to the circumstances of her health; but I can't help but feel that she should have had more help, as a previous poster mentioned. It reminds me of Elvis; he wasn't looked after by the people who surrounded him, he was just being used.

People made a lot of jokes about her, but not really taking her problems seriously. That is a great shame, the world today and especially the media would rather see people fall than succeed. I thought she was very talented, although I didn't listen to much of her music myself. Rest in peace, condolences to the family.

Edit: And a word about some others in this thread, I agree that you are being judgemental. The one thing in life that many people go wrong on is assuming things about others.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
How do you know that those around her failed? She has to consent to their help and could have denied them.

The blame would firmly lie at the parents as they should have sectioned her (if possible). I am not saying that the parents are at fault, just that I am fed up with people blaming those around her for her death. Ultimately, she is responsible for her life. Not others.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
How do you know that those around her failed? She has to consent to their help and could have denied them.

The blame would firmly lie at the parents as they should have sectioned her (if possible). I am not saying that the parents are at fault, just that I am fed up with people blaming those around her for her death. Ultimately, she is responsible for her life. Not others.

It is alot harder to quit any habit if those around you are working against it, it's the same for every addiction.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
If people don't want or make an effort to help themselves then maybe they're better off dead tbh. You can't force help on someone (to a degree) and it's better used elsewhere for people that could use it. How many times has she been re addicted to skag? Probably better off this way, might make more young people stay away from it.

It's like fat people, you see someone morbidly obese in kfc, like shockingly fat. Like really, what needs to happen to make you stop? your so fat you can barely walk ....

Stick to coke kids ! (it was a joke, before the drug police step in ;p)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is alot harder to quit any habit if those around you are working against it, it's the same for every addiction.

That doesn't mean it is their fault. Everyone is saying she was let down by friends and family, that is fucking crap.

My family keep on at me to give up smoking, I chose not to, did they fail me? NO.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
That doesn't mean it is their fault. Everyone is saying she was let down by friends and family, that is fucking crap.

My family keep on at me to give up smoking, I chose not to, did they fail me? NO.

Would they offer you a box of fags a week after you quit because you were acting a little grumpy ?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Unlike others Tom, she had the network and money to get help. She basically pissed on all of that and kept on going.

Maybe she didn't want help. Who knows? Certainly nobody here.

I just find it offensive how quickly people condemn somebody they never knew.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If people don't want or make an effort to help themselves then maybe they're better off dead tbh.

Fuck me you're about the most offensive little twat I've ever come across. Welcome to my ignore list, population: you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom