Games age of conan

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
It´s not up to you to tell people that they´re spoiling something when they clearly aren´t.

My post contained as much spoiler information as "there are nipples in this game" or "you can wield swords and stuff". I said, the first quest is ridiculous. So?
How are we supposed to discuss games at all? Shall we put this entire fooking thread into one huge spoiler tag?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It´s not up to you to tell people that they´re spoiling something when they clearly aren´t.

My post contained as much spoiler information as "there are nipples in this game" or "you can wield swords and stuff". I said, the first quest is ridiculous. So?
How are we supposed to discuss games at all? Shall we put this entire fooking thread into one huge spoiler tag?

No, you clearly spoiled the beginning of it.

It's like, hell, saying about clearks II:

It starts with the shop being on fire!

Get it? Not a big deal for some, but it spoils a surprise non the less.

I didn't know where this game starts, how it starts, but now i do. The beginning is, as such, spoiled.

Talking about game features, classes, game mechanics. Those aren't spoiling the story. Telling where it starts and what you do to advance, is.

Like i said, it's not a big deal for you, and it won't ruin EVERYTHING for me, but some of us don't like to know stuff like that.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
The woman doesn't go "Hello, how are you bla bla". She goes "AAIEIEEEEEE HELP ME!!!" I don't see how you could get the feeling that she was just hanging around for fun, unless you had decided beforehand that you shouldn't like it.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
@Levin, maybe they fooked up the translation then, because in my version she did exactly that. :)

And no, I didn´t decide to "not like it beforehand". In fact, I was really looking forward to playing it.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
i played the beta for a little, it's combat system is quite unique, its not because its an amazing game really, it's just because its new and fairly decent. bearing in mind the last 'decent' or mainstream release of a mmo was Wow which was a few years back, people are just excited by something new, until WAR comes along anyway.

Combat system is quite cool, theres no auto-attack, every swing is the direction you want your weapon to go, which like in life would concur splash damage to others in that direction. Also mounted combat which looks fun, and player cities in which can be built and declared war on.

Not that i'll be playing it^^

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
It would be nice if it had the combat system from Spartan: Total Warrior =)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
i played the beta for a little, it's combat system is quite unique, its not because its an amazing game really, it's just because its new and fairly decent. bearing in mind the last 'decent' or mainstream release of a mmo was Wow which was a few years back, people are just excited by something new, until WAR comes along anyway.

Combat system is quite cool, theres no auto-attack, every swing is the direction you want your weapon to go, which like in life would concur splash damage to others in that direction. Also mounted combat which looks fun, and player cities in which can be built and declared war on.

Not that i'll be playing it^^

Well now you've just spoiled the whole bloody thing, I might as well stop the download now ;)

old.Tohtori said:
ALL. Notice the word ALL. Some companies make enough "dollah" to make games that don't make "more dollah" and they don't replace a good product with a bad product to make "more dollah".

If a company is not making money then it serves no purpose. The purpose of any private company or organisation is to make money, enough to pay employees and shareholders/owners.

Who funded the developement and for what reason? Certainly not because they are nice people with money to throw away. Apologies but your original comment still makes no sense to me.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If a company is not making money then it serves no purpose. The purpose of any private company or organisation is to make money, enough to pay employees and shareholders/owners.

Who funded the developement and for what reason? Certainly not because they are nice people with money to throw away. Apologies but your original comment still makes no sense to me.

The point is that they can afford to take out the below PG18 crowd as it's a calculated thing.

They've calculated all the possible produce etc with that in mind.

So, removing the PG18, especially when taking into consideration future endeavors and the added +18 crowd due to the PG18 tag, won't be a problem.

In general terms about "making dollah", i still stand by the point that the "dollah" ain't all that matters. People make it sound like companies ONLY want money. I know companies need and want to make money, but it's not the driving force, especially in games.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
@Levin, maybe they fooked up the translation then, because in my version she did exactly that. :)

And no, I didn´t decide to "not like it beforehand". In fact, I was really looking forward to playing it.

Ah, have they done german voiceovers?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Can´t quite rember, it´s been a couple of days, but I think it was something along: Seid gegrüßt!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
In general terms about "making dollah", i still stand by the point that the "dollah" ain't all that matters. People make it sound like companies ONLY want money. I know companies need and want to make money, but it's not the driving force, especially in games.

Don't agree, that may have been the case 20 years ago when the likes of Jeff Minter was coding cute Lama games at his Mum's garage in Tadley. Now it's all about the money. Too many people involved now in the creation process plus the money required for the launch and advertising budgets. It all adds up and someone has to foot the bill. The game has to make money or they don't get to write the next one.

It's a bit like writers who give up work to write 'the' classic novel. 99.9% of them fail and go back in to teaching. How long can you keep going without making a profit. If what you do doesn't make money then you have to adapt or change.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Don't agree, that may have been the case 20 years ago when the likes of Jeff Minter was coding cute Lama games at his Mum's garage in Tadley. Now it's all about the money. Too many people involved now in the creation process plus the money required for the launch and advertising budgets. It all adds up and someone has to foot the bill. The game has to make money or they don't get to write the next one.

It's a bit like writers who give up work to write 'the' classic novel. 99.9% of them fail and go back in to teaching. How long can you keep going without making a profit. If what you do doesn't make money then you have to adapt or change.

But the point wasn't in making money, the point was JUST making money.

As in, AoC would take in minors to get more money.

It's all situational and dependent on the company, and in THIS case, i believe they can afford well in their limits to keep the minors out.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
who gives a shit.
should i be sucking my self off over this game or not?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You should be trying to gob yourself off, but if it's a bit difficult, i wouldn't try too hard.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
who gives a shit.
should i be sucking my self off over this game or not?

Will let you know over the weekend. Early access on saturday. Keeping an open mind at the moment.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
To be honest Tris, you should form yourself an opinion as well. Nobody else can know what type of game YOU prefer. Otherwise you risk getting extremely disappointed OR missing out on something you'd actually would have enjoyed. :) There's a lot of material on AoC to look up.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
my life is ran by what you guys think.

Tilda

I wonder if I'm growing out of games, but AoC is worth getting exciting about imo!

kivik

Part of the furniture
Getting a bit fed up with DAoC. Might be time to move on I guess. Give some review!

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
UPDATE: Age of Conan early access.

They cocked it up. If you haven't been looking about other games forums, I can tell you now that people are going absolutely bonkers. They already added 500+ mb worth of patches already, which you can download from the Funcom server at 0.6 mbps. Oh yes, thats on a cable broadband connection.

Worse still, the server isn't live, and wont be for some time. Maybe tomorrow. And people PAYED to get in today. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to the gaming AoC, I.E. Senior Cock-up

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
UPDATE: Age of Conan early access.

They cocked it up. If you haven't been looking about other games forums, I can tell you now that people are going absolutely bonkers. They already added 500+ mb worth of patches already, which you can download from the Funcom server at 0.6 mbps. Oh yes, thats on a cable broadband connection.

Worse still, the server isn't live, and wont be for some time. Maybe tomorrow. And people PAYED to get in today. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to the gaming AoC, I.E. Senior Cock-up

*fell of chair laughing*

Serves you right :p

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Don't have AoC, but I have spent the last 6 hours chatting with people going nuts as they tried to log in... its been quite funny.

It finally went live, and half the servers are already max population. The lags that bad people are being dropped for fun, and the mass re-log are crashing servers for fun.

A bunch of scandanavian guys I chat with have just given up, and decided to just drink beer and badmouth the game.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ageofconan2008051723123db8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom