Games age of conan

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
They are also getting paid silly sums of money by their publisher for working on Age Of Conan, and they probably realised that they can get better publicity by giving away Anarchy Online free - just like Mythic is doing currently with almost all of the expansions to DAoC.

True dat, however AO has been free for a looooooooooooong time

Helme

Resident Freddy
And Age of Conan has been in the works a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
And Age of Conan has been in the works a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

thats because complex games take a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to develop from scratch

Helme

Resident Freddy
thats because complex games take a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to develop from scratch
So going by that, Duke Nukem' Forever is going to be very complex?! :ninja:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
So going by that, Duke Nukem' Forever is going to be very complex?! :ninja:

theres a difference between a game being cancelled then re-started and a game in development.
How many years has Spore been in the pipeline?

Age of conan
Development begins: Summer 2006
Release Date: May 20, 2008

Dark Age of Camelot
Development begins: Winter 1999
Release Date: October 2001

World of Warcraft
Development Begins: September 2, 2001
Release Date: November 23, 2004

Ultima Online
Development Begins: Late 1995
Release Date: September 25, 1997

EverQuest
Development Begins: late 1997
Release Date: March 16, 1999

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
so the people sucking each others dicks while looking at trailers are probably going over board then?

its not that^ good?

taB

Part of the furniture
Many people on the forums have been playing the game for a while in beta Tris. I like the lore behind it - well written books, short, brutal and to the point. If the game follows in their vein I will be very happy. It's well worth a punt at the least and the reasonable interest on FH means there'll be people to play with :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
so the people sucking each others dicks while looking at trailers are probably going over board then?

its not that^ good?

<stabs tris for being emo>
i blame the violence and gore in AoC for the above action

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
How will they safeguard against under 18's playing it?

I use a debit card for example and I've brought many 18+ rated items with it. What's stopping me from doing the same here? lol.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

I use a debit card for example and I've brought many 18+ rated items with it. What's stopping me from doing the same here? lol.

For one thing, this post.

But for other, they can check payment history and details i believe?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
For one thing, this post.

But for other, they can check payment history and details i believe?

How does that post constitute anything?

And what the hell will payment history prove?

My basic debit card information I use when buying stuff gives no indication of my age. Are they going to investigate every debit card user (of which there will be LOADS) using data rights acts or whatever to find out their date of births? Unlikely.

Chronictank

FH is my second home

if you talk(type) like a human being instead of some kind of retard with a involuntary twitch i doubt they will :)
But saying things like
"I Luv this series i love the grey guy, hes the best!!! MAKE moar nao!!"

it's kind of obvious

Although a tad discriminatory against people who are retarded and have a involuntary twitch

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How does that post constitute anything?

And what the hell will payment history prove?

My basic debit card information I use when buying stuff gives no indication of my age. Are they going to investigate every debit card user (of which there will be LOADS) using data rights acts or whatever to find out their date of births? Unlikely.

Don't know honestly, and if there's no stopping, then there isn't.

But, if they find out, you're out. And there are ingame ways to do so.

Don't even know if they accept debit cards. Or if they can find out the age.

But if someone sells you the game, it's illegal already.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Don't know honestly, and if there's no stopping, then there isn't.

But, if they find out, you're out. And there are ingame ways to do so.

Don't even know if they accept debit cards. Or if they can find out the age.

But if someone sells you the game, it's illegal already.

Considering about 75% of the player base would pay through debit - they'd be stupid not to accept it.

I just can't see it sticking well.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Considering about 75% of the player base would pay through debit - they'd be stupid not to accept it.

I just can't see it sticking well.

Is a debit card like, electron or something?

Don't know your english types things that well.

Because with credit cards and such, the info is quite legal to claim.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
it takes money from your bank account instead of credit.

taB

Part of the furniture
Dunno about info availability but I only used a CCard on the net as it covers me for being ripped off. Some fag gets my debit details, it's my problem.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Pretty much all "creditcards" in Sweden are actually debit cards, think its the same in majority of Europe to avoid the silly amounts of creditcard debt people in USA gets.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Pretty much all "creditcards" in Sweden are actually debit cards, think its the same in majority of Europe to avoid the silly amounts of creditcard debt people in USA gets.

In Germany most of the cards are "real" credit cards, which means that each month the full minus or a percentage of it on your credit card account gets withdrawed from your bank account.

But you have to have proper income for that, if you don't, then debit is the only way.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That really is naive! :D Made me laugh though and that's quite a feat this early.

ALL. Notice the word ALL. Some companies make enough "dollah" to make games that don't make "more dollah" and they don't replace a good product with a bad product to make "more dollah".

It's very simple, not naive.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The devs may not be out to make as much money as possible but the publishers certainly are. Its business at the end of the day, sad but true.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Played it for a while a couple days ago. It´s beyond ridiculous.
You start at a beach, follow a path into a forest. Then you bump into this half-naked woman hanging in chains right on the path (thereby BLOCKING it).
So you click on her and she´s like:
"Hello! Nice to see you, how are you? Would you please help me and get the key for the chains balblabla"
I mean.. she´s HALF DEAD in chains, blocking a way through a forest and then such a dialogue?

Nice intro movie though...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The devs may not be out to make as much money as possible but the publishers certainly are. Its business at the end of the day, sad but true.

Yeah, but that's usually the case with independent developers and outside publishers.

Funcom is both, and as such, they can do what-ever-the-flarn they want.

Also, keeping the game PG18, keeping kids out, keeping clientbase happy for future, is worth ALOT more then a couple of thousands kiddies trying to access the game.

Played it for a while a couple days ago. It´s beyond ridiculous.
You start at a beach, follow a path into a forest. Then you bump into this half-naked woman hanging in chains right on the path (thereby BLOCKING it).
So you click on her and she´s like:
"Hello! Nice to see you, how are you? Would you please help me and get the key for the chains balblabla"
I mean.. she´s HALF DEAD in chains, blocking a way through a forest and then such a dialogue?

Nice intro movie though...

Thanks for the f*cking spoiler tag use :eek:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Thanks for the f*cking spoiler tag use :eek:

What´s so "spoiler" about that? It´s not like I`m giving away any secrets or things you encounter after 10 hours of gameplay. It´s where you start and what you see after 1 minute of playing, so no need for spoiler tags.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What´s so "spoiler" about that? It´s not like I`m giving away any secrets or things you encounter after 10 hours of gameplay. It´s where you start and what you see after 1 minute of playing, so no need for spoiler tags.

That's not up to you to decide though.

If i told you where a movie starts, what comes up in the first minutes, you wouldn't be too happy. Especially two days before seeing it.

I've kept away from all content just because i want it all to be a surprise, more or less, what happens.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I like the
sword
my
character
gets to use. There, no one's fun was ruined! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom