Age of Conan - Freddyshouse guild?

echome

Fledgling Freddie
What are you guys up to in this thread, since I am suddenly seeing God ads... By Google.

[Who is Jesus? - Learn about this amazing man & all he has done & will do for you.] [God Loves You - Here is a Prayer That Can Change Your Life.]

Please stop whatever you are doing!!

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Only reason I saw this thread is because it was on last recent response in the forum main menu. Having never played DAOC - or indeed any fantasy MMO - it's not somewhere I'd check.

To prevent inbreeding, the appeal should be broadened to include normal Freddies :)

Exactly. Move it out to Roleplaying section or let's get that AOC forum section ! :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Exactly. Move it out to Roleplaying section or let's get that AOC forum section ! :)

Agree.

What says you Almighty Deebs?

Alternatively you could remove the Everquest 2 section or City of Heroes and replace it with an Age of Conan section.

My reason for saying those 2 games is this, no posts in the Everquest 2 section since January 2007, no posts in City of Heroes section since November 2007.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Agree.

What says you Almighty Deebs?

Alternatively you could remove the Everquest 2 section or City of Heroes and replace it with an Age of Conan section.

My reason for saying those 2 games is this, no posts in the Everquest 2 section since January 2007, no posts in City of Heroes section since November 2007.

I have to agree there. I'm sure an Age of Conan forum would be much more frequented than one of those old cob webbed ones.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think I remember one of the Mods saying no more sections would be added as there is not enough traffic for them...and something about using the general RPG section but i'm most probably wrong.

I think It should be something like

DAOC
Warhammer
WoW
AoC
EVE
Other
---->COH
---->Everquest

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Better safe than sorry :) unsure how the exclusive offers will go on for, i'd imagine closer to the date they'll stop giving out the specials like 3 days pre access + mounts etc.

probably stop offering it a day or 2 before the head start i'd guess.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think I remember one of the Mods saying no more sections would be added as there is not enough traffic for them...and something about using the general RPG section but i'm most probably wrong.

I think It should be something like

DAOC
Warhammer
WoW
AoC
EVE
Other
---->COH
---->Everquest

Yea I think AoC shouldn't be ignored as far as sections go :) there will be alot of traffic for the game.

taB

Part of the furniture
probably stop offering it a day or 2 before the head start i'd guess.

Head-start appears to have been removed from all UK outlets that previously offered it and has generated a mega thread on the official forums. No response as to why yet.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I won't take that head-start offer anyways. Hardly worth 5 euro just to play 3 days earlier (at least not when I've already BETA:ed for 5 months). I still get my mammoth and extra item belt I assume, so all is well. :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I won't take that head-start offer anyways. Hardly worth 5 euro just to play 3 days earlier (at least not when I've already BETA:ed for 5 months). I still get my mammoth and extra item belt I assume, so all is well. :)

Aye, I think in all honesty the 3 day head start thing was purely aimed at people who haven't been in the beta :)

taB

Part of the furniture
Only reason I was looking forward to it was that it was Fri-Sun session where I wasn't working that weekend :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Anyways, seems we got enough interested people to join a FH AOC guild and have some fun together (it would be of course open for friends & family, imo). So what we need to know now is exactly who, what server type we would prefer to play on and a general guild structure. Hopefully we get a AOC section soon. Anyone poked Deebs?

I'll keep updated member list / interested list here:

FH handle - preferred server type

BloodOmen - ?
LordjOX - RP-PVP or PVE
tAB - ?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Regular server?

Regular server is PvE. There is only PvP in the PvP minigames and in the Border Kingdom (DAoC style)

PvP would be like Camlann, with open word PvP except in big cities and hubs.
RP-PvP would be like PvP, just with more roleplaying. (read: kill people only in a roleplay context for example)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Regular server is PvE. There is only PvP in the PvP minigames and in the Border Kingdom (DAoC style)

RP-PvP would be like PvP, just with more roleplaying. (read: kill people only in a roleplay context for example)

I´d vote regular then.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

open world PvP in normal servers is not like DAOC. There are no separated sides of a conflict, its guild vs guild unkless they changed it...

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I always wondered why there won't be a RP-PvE server? Kind of like DaoC with roleplay?

Out of those there, I would go for the PvE server then. Second choice RP-PvP and my least favourite would be pure PvP.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
open world PvP in normal servers is not like DAOC. There are no separated sides of a conflict, its guild vs guild unkless they changed it...

Yeah, true but you get the point. Keeps, sieges, characters killing eachother. Correction, it is guild vs guild and not click the blue button to kill red and green, click the red button to kill blue and green or click the green button to kill blue and red....

BloodOmen - ?
fettoken - PVE
Levin - PVE or RP-PVP
LordjOX - RP-PVP or PVE
old.tohtori - RP-PVP
tAB - ?

Btw, it's a point that everyone is actually gonna buy and play AOC and is interested in a FH guild.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Anyways, seems we got enough interested people to join a FH AOC guild and have some fun together (it would be of course open for friends & family, imo). So what we need to know now is exactly who, what server type we would prefer to play on and a general guild structure. Hopefully we get a AOC section soon. Anyone poked Deebs?

BloodOmen - ?
LordjOX - RP-PVP or PVE
tAB - ?

old.tohtori - RP-XXX(pun)

I just want RP server, 'cause, even if it's PG18 and kids are gone(woho!), i'd still like more immersion. As in, smilies begone etc. Ofcourse guildchat is a whole different place but, AoC is a very "serious" MMO from what i gather, and i'd like to, for once, play it RPG style.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
old.tohtori - RP-XXX(pun)

I just want RP server, 'cause, even if it's PG18 and kids are gone(woho!), i'd still like more immersion. As in, smilies begone etc. Ofcourse guildchat is a whole different place but, AoC is a very "serious" MMO from what i gather, and i'd like to, for once, play it RPG style.

I take my wizard robe and my hat off.....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If regular server is just a daoc clone respectively like pve in ur own realm/borders and pvp outside of them I think i'd prefer that, pvp servers would be nice I just feel it won't be that good in the start (like camlann where you got the dedicated guild grps pretty much max lvling fast and raping everyone)

Regular/PVE for me LordJox, still get the fun of pvp in pvp zones and you get the peace and quiet of actually pve'ing without being killed (xp killing in daoc wasn't remotely fun so in that respect its nice to have ur own zones where u don't have to worry about people chinning u whilst you get a few lvls or materials for crafting etc etc etc)

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
On RP-PVE servers, do you also have to have related names? So no names like "bummer" or something.

taB

Part of the furniture
Awesome stuff! Many thanks Deebs.

LordjOX - I'll have a think and answer your question tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom