Age of Conan - Freddyshouse guild?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
never really interested me because of WAR, but just seen more screenies and it looks a lot better than i expected. no way my laptop will run it though :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
never really interested me because of WAR, but just seen more screenies and it looks a lot better than i expected. no way my laptop will run it though :(

Ahhh but the joy is! its a good 4+ months until warhammer is out lol.

On a sidenote! ONLY and I mean ONLY Play.com (UK): DVDs, Music CDs, MP3s, Video Games, Books, Electronics & Gadgets - Free Delivery offers access on the 17th (from what i've heard dunno if its true or not) all other sites offer mounts still but they can't give you access to the game until the 20th.

So if you want to play the game 3 days before its released in shops thus avoiding a majority of the zerg when it all starts off get it from Play.com (UK): DVDs, Music CDs, MP3s, Video Games, Books, Electronics & Gadgets - Free Delivery.

Also :) play will only ship the copies with 3 day pre access to people in europe.

Personally i'm looking forward to having access to the game 3 days before the zerg appears, will be 1000x easier to do quests/gather things and all the other jazz along that line, can't say i'd be happy trying to do that with 500+ people doing the exact same thing.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
likewise ive got the CE on order am looking forward to the 3 day headstart its horrible startin a new mmo on release with tons of ppl hunting the same bloody stuff be nice to get ahead of the curve a lil bit and out the zerg fields

daoc was horrific waiting to kill mulgrat

wow was just as bad in elwynn tryin to kill bloody gnolls

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
likewise ive got the CE on order am looking forward to the 3 day headstart its horrible startin a new mmo on release with tons of ppl hunting the same bloody stuff be nice to get ahead of the curve a lil bit and out the zerg fields

daoc was horrific waiting to kill mulgrat

wow was just as bad in elwynn tryin to kill bloody gnolls

Sure was :) tis why I welcome a 3 day head start with open arms.. even if I dont get that far ahead :p aslong as its far enough to be far away from the newb start zones I dont care.

Was gonna get the collectors edition myself but the amount of MMO boxes I have is unbelieveable I barely have room for the buggers... theres literally a pile of 20+ boxes from MMO's on my pc room floor :p couldn't be arsed with another 1 so I got the smaller option.... that and the added fact i'm a tight c*nt.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No need to bump really, if it's not coming up in a few days.

The thread won't disappear if you don't use it :D

Anyhoo, meant to bump it myself by asking this:

What are the bad parts of AoC?

If you people say "there are none!"...pfft.

I wanna know what the worse things about it are.

Also, what payment options(paypal etc included) are there?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I dont think you'll have issues in conan at launch anyway, the storyline part for the first 20-30 levels are done solo at night, a lot of the kill xxx in an instance is instanced not in the world and all the world stuff is quite plentiful with fast respawns.

There is a massive patch coming tonight for the beta so will let you know what that brings.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Balance etc issues ain't a problem, their part of the MMO genre really, and bugs aren't a problem either.

I'd like to know the style of problems, that ALL MMOs have, like "too much grind", "steep learning curve" etc.

Just so if there's one of those defining "not for me" issues, i'd want to be aware before spending le cash.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Balance etc issues ain't a problem, their part of the MMO genre really, and bugs aren't a problem either.

I'd like to know the style of problems, that ALL MMOs have, like "too much grind", "steep learning curve" etc.

Just so if there's one of those defining "not for me" issues, i'd want to be aware before spending le cash.

Which are your "not for you" issues?

It's hard to answer your question without breaking the Beta NDA, you know. ;) It's also hard to tell what the problems will be until closer to launch day when everything is supposed to be done and the NDA is lifted anyways.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Which are your "not for you" issues?

It's hard to answer your question without breaking the Beta NDA, you know. ;) It's also hard to tell what the problems will be until closer to launch day when everything is supposed to be done and the NDA is lifted anyways.

Ah yeah you've got that. Dang...ohwell, have to wait until its out to get your opinions.

I kow if issues are issues when i hear them really. No "one trick to end it all", just a sum.

Guess you don't hear about the problems(like boredom etc repetition) from official sources.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
so what are people naming their chars ?

Not willing to share at the moment :) I know quite a few freddyshouse kiddies like to steal names when possible so i'll disclose what name I use on the 17th (when i'm ingame)

As for the bad parts in Conan Tohtori i'd personally say there isn't any (that i've noticed so far) but i'm a conan fan :) enjoyed the conan books and such so i wouldn't find much wrong with it either ways... Don't take my word for it tho :) EVERY game has a downside no matter how well its been programmed out.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori i tested the beta on my friends computer (yes breaking the big rules boohoo)
And i would say the bad side that i've noticed with it is that it gives me more of a single player feeling than a mmo feeling (like morrowind)
Also i find theres no real cool classes i could be interessed in playing.

so im not going conan.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
old.Tohtori i tested the beta on my friends computer (yes breaking the big rules boohoo)
And i would say the bad side that i've noticed with it is that it gives me more of a single player feeling than a mmo feeling (like morrowind)
Also i find theres no real cool classes i could be interessed in playing.

so im not going conan.

I´d say classes evolve. Think about the classes in DaoC beta, they weren´t really "exciting" when you think about it. Its more about exploration and such in the beginning.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Aye from what i gather, this could be just the game i'm looking for.

More serious, not that "special", keep it simple hack'n'slash+RPG mmo.

If it has extra content, crafting, fishing, etc "non combat" stuff, i'm most likely game.

Especially if there's housing, decoration and clothing options.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I´d say classes evolve. Think about the classes in DaoC beta, they weren´t really "exciting" when you think about it. Its more about exploration and such in the beginning.

Agree.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ok, i've been finding out stuff in Finland and yes, i can pre-order(war mammoth!) the game, as a special edition even.

The extra days(pre-launch) would cost cash to play(5euro for 10 days), but that' no need.

One thing is stopping me, and that is if i can get gametime anyway.

Is there any way to contact, or could someone in beta contact, admins etc to find out if for example, moneybookers will be a valid option to pay for my adventures.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ok, i've been finding out stuff in Finland and yes, i can pre-order(war mammoth!) the game, as a special edition even.

The extra days(pre-launch) would cost cash to play(5euro for 10 days), but that' no need.

One thing is stopping me, and that is if i can get gametime anyway.

Is there any way to contact, or could someone in beta contact, admins etc to find out if for example, moneybookers will be a valid option to pay for my adventures.

It will most likely just be credit cards OR time cards which you can buy from local game shops.. don't quote me on this tho its just what I think.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It will most likely just be credit cards OR time cards which you can buy from local game shops.. don't quote me on this tho its just what I think.

Aye. Crap if it is. Have to check my local store for availability then. Unless i find someone who's willing to support me via online payments. Damnit...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Aye. Luckily Finland is a gaming culture. And nto some...some...well...non-pre-paid-card-selling country :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, screw you guys... :( You stolez my life!

Preorder:
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures Collector`s Edition - 59.95 €
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures Prepaid - 27.95 €

Now we wait...and wait...for over a month for f'cks sake! :eek:

Atleast i get a war mammoth and a tankard to get drunk with :D

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Well, screw you guys... :( You stolez my life!

Preorder:
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures Collector`s Edition - 59.95 €
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures Prepaid - 27.95 €

Now we wait...and wait...for over a month for f'cks sake! :eek:

Atleast i get a war mammoth and a tankard to get drunk with :D

By Crom, well done!! :D

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
On a side note I have asked somewhere earlier in this thread if it was ok to use Freddyshouse/Freddys House as a name for a guild in conan :) just need deebs to reply now, I don't think it will be a problem tho.

I have no problems with using FreddysHouse, Freddyshouse or freddyshouse as the guild name. Just represent the name well :)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I have no problems with using FreddysHouse, Freddyshouse or freddyshouse as the guild name. Just represent the name well :)

Ripping off limbs, stabbing stuff in the back, throwing curses, getting drunk and having wild sex under serpents idols is representative enuff? :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ripping off limbs, stabbing stuff in the back, throwing curses, getting drunk and having wild sex under serpents idols is representative enuff? :p

No, that's what the pussies at VN do, we need some ACTION for f*cks sake, not sunday past time! :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye, "Freddyshouse" guild is indeed inc :) we just need conan and a live server now.

off to cook dinner now with my mrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom