Crap Afghanistan

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Edit, and actually this is one reason why history is so important.

It's Afghanistan. We all know what happens when you try and invade and contain Afghanistan.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Edit, and actually this is one reason why history is so important.

It's Afghanistan. We all know what happens when you try and invade and contain Afghanistan.

Yes and no, we've got a track record of most places in the world.

I think the whole 'well, look at history...' is kind of defeatist and justification for pulling out/not doing anything in the future.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well, we have been fighting for 20 years. It is now in a worse state than it was when we invaded, and we can't go back.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
all I'm seeing is mainly Europeans being outraged at Biden, but I don't think many Americans actually care
I don't really see how that has any bearing on right vs wrong.

Biden did wrong. I don't care why he did wrong - but he did it. Biden did.

We need to condemn wrongdoers. Not be apologists for them saying that they were just doing what their voters wanted. Being a strong leader is to do the right thing even if it costs you a bit of political capital.

Biden, however, is not just weak. He's also a cunt - because he blamed the Afghans. Something else he didn't have to do - but chose to do.

He was free to take the actions he did. Those actions make him a cunt.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I actually agree with him on that part though, they folded like a cheap deckchair under a fat lass, near instantly.

Gwadien

I actually agree with him on that part though, they folded like a cheap deckchair under a fat lass, near instantly.

But to suggest that the Americans didn't already know that is questionable.

Some General was given the job of training the Afghan army.

He completed that, he got a promotion, whilst lying how effective they are.

That's how the US military operates.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Oh yeah, I agree, it's a complete shit show. But he can just shrug and blame it on everyone else.

America wanted their troops home, he is getting them home, everything else is the old administration (despite the fact he was vice president for most of it)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Sorry, but he's currently presiding over the single most shambolic administration ever seen, and is doing a fantastic job of making Donald Trump look massively competent. That's how terrible he is.

BBC quoting 60 dead, with US outlets stating 10+ Marines dead, with more critically injured :(

Gwadien

I don't understand how there wasn't a plan for it.

Is that how it works? Is the best time to start WW3 at the start of a new President because all plans are out of the window?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
This may well kick of ww3, of sorts. But ww3 won't be fought by throwing millions of men at each other.

In fact, we are probably already in ww3.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Tbh, getting out was the right move. It would have been way worse if Biden reneged Trump's deal. For the Afghans and for the Americans, both.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Agreed, but there is a difference between an organised retreat vs a right lads, we're off. Good luck!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Sorry, but he's currently presiding over the single most shambolic administration ever seen, and is doing a fantastic job of making Donald Trump look massively competent. That's how terrible he is.

BBC quoting 60 dead, with US outlets stating 10+ Marines dead, with more critically injured :(
Shambolic yes . Making the Trump admin look competent? Fuck off.

Trump signed a deal which made this inevitable. All the air support, contractors, bases and logistics the Afghan army relied on were signed away under Trump/Pompeo and hard-line terrorists released in exchange for a few pinky promises that were broken as soon as they were signed.

The Afghan army knew it was fucked the moment the Trump admin cut the Afghan government out of the deal it signed with the Taliban.

Stop apologising for Trump. I'm perfectly willing to say Biden fucked this up. Can't you muster the courage to criticize the other cunts?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Trump signed a deal which made this inevitable. All the air support, contractors, bases and logistics the Afghan army relied on were signed away under Trump/Pompeo and hard-line terrorists released in exchange for a few pinky promises that were broken as soon as they were signed.

The Afghan army knew it was fucked the moment the Trump admin cut the Afghan government out of the deal it signed with the Taliban.

Stop apologising for Trump. I'm perfectly willing to say Biden fucked this up. Can't you muster the courage to criticize the other cunts?

The other cunts aren't in charge right now are they? Biden is, and he has shat the bed.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Yeah, but...

Equipped. Yes
Trained. Yes
Continued air support. Yes

But.

Taking your money and running. Yes
Running from inferior numbers. Yes
Handing over equipment to inferior numbers. Yes
9 year old boys /drool.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The other cunts aren't in charge right now are they? Biden is, and he has shat the bed.
They signed the deal, released the terrorists and closed the bases. You think that has nothing to do with what is happening now?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, but...

Equipped. Yes
Trained. Yes
Continued air support. Yes

But.

Taking your money and running. Yes
Running from inferior numbers. Yes
Handing over equipment to inferior numbers. Yes
9 year old boys /drool.
They were trained to work the American way. With air support. That was pulled.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They signed the deal, released the terrorists and closed the bases. You think that has nothing to do with what is happening now?
You say the Taliban broke their pinky promises? Biden could have made Trumps "deal" null and void, and left the troops there.

Biden did this. Nobody else.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Air support was never pulled though, locally maybe, strategically, no. Boots on the ground were. There has to come a point where you leave them to their own devices, if they can't work it out with 20 years of training and support then what can anyone do? They shat the bed instantly and spectacularly.

Basic, no nonsense. It's a primitive society with primitive people, it's getting near to needing the prime directive.

Sure we can have compassion, but what difference does it make if they revert to setting each other on fire, constantly, because of different flavours of sky fairy, it's like going back to the dark ages. We are better off out of it in the long run.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, we have been fighting for 20 years. It is now in a worse state than it was when we invaded, and we can't go back.

This is true... abandoning it now just allows it to return to form making those 20 years completely irrelevant and a huge slap in the face for all the innocents/soldiers lost during those 20 years. This is why Joe Biden fucked up big time, he should NEVER have allowed the Taliban to gain the foothold they now have.

Calling it now, inevitably, we'll invade again and the vicious cycle starts a new.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You say the Taliban broke their pinky promises? Biden could have made Trumps "deal" null and void, and left the troops there.

Biden did this. Nobody else.
The terrorists were released and the bases and contractors gone. Biden could have pulled the deal but it would have required a massive redeployment.

This is a Trump and Pompeo deal that was always shitty and mostly done. I blame Biden for not ending it the best way possible but it was a disaster from the moment it was negotiated by the previous admin.

How you can say nobody else is beyond me. That’s wilful blindness.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Air support was never pulled though, locally maybe, strategically, no. Boots on the ground were. There has to come a point where you leave them to their own devices, if they can't work it out with 20 years of training and support then what can anyone do? They shat the bed instantly and spectacularly.

Basic, no nonsense. It's a primitive society with primitive people, it's getting near to needing the prime directive.

Sure we can have compassion, but what difference does it make if they revert to setting each other on fire, constantly, because of different flavours of sky fairy, it's like going back to the dark ages. We are better off out of it in the long run.
Not true though. US haven’t been in direct combat roles for years.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not true though. US haven’t been in direct combat roles for years.

That is incredibly naive. The US have been blowing shit up by drone, constantly.

But again, it might as well be US air support aiding people on horse back, complete waste of time. 20 years of time.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That is incredibly naive. The US have been blowing shit up by drone, constantly.

But again, it might as well be US air support aiding people on horse back, complete waste of time. 20 years of time.
I meant boots on the ground as you said. The US troops have been advisory and 'moral support' for a while now.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
...and what use has that support been?

20 years of it, a generation.

How is it any different from what it was 20 years ago. How many lives has it cost to get to this point, how many billions of dollars?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Financed by Qatar/UAE/Pakistan

Boots on the ground by Pakistan/Afghanistan

They don't want help. They want to kill each other over a sky fairy.

Frankly, let them get on with it, we have more important things to worry about. To do a Trump, Wall it off, move on.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'll say one thing, Israel must be shitting bricks right now seeing how fast Biden pulled out given how close they are to Afghanistan... just one more Islamic nation relatively close to them now. Israel has been very bold in their forced expansion over the last decade because they've had the US at their back 100%, now? not so much it seems.

Gwadien

I'll say one thing, Israel must be shitting bricks right now seeing how fast Biden pulled out given how close they are to Afghanistan... just one more Islamic nation relatively close to them now. Israel has been very bold in their forced expansion over the last decade because they've had the US at their back 100%, now? not so much it seems.

Nah, Israel has been self reliant for quite a while, especially with stuff like the Samson option.

Israel only needs US political support, they can't win a war, but they sure can kamikaze.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Israel is all about the small game, illegally occupy a region here, illegally occupy a region there. Keep it low-key. If anyone complains, bring up the suffering of the Jewish in WW2.

They don't seem to understand that a rogue state (Israel) is different to an ethnic group and even if it was the same, it doesn't give them the right to be utter cunts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom