AE Speed....share?

Poag

m00?
Asking for comments as this has happened a few times to me now.

First lemmed describe the situation.

I'm a solo scout..heading back from the mmg to amg to hook up with a buddy whos just come online. I'm stealthing along the road at the normal snails pace.

Suddenly notice AE speed has poped up on my screen...quick look around theres a alb guild grp stood ina grp of trees buffing up..i go stand close ask if i can leech speed back to pk saying i won't be adding on fight just want a lift home...no answer...

I take the hint and carry on along the road...about a minute later same grp with ae speed comes up behind me..i destealth and catch the edge of the speed bubble...after about 10 seconds....AE speed drops....said grp whizzes past me still running at speed..i restealth and carry on back to the mg to see said grp get whiped by a fg of mids [poetic justice?]

Now this has happened a few times now with different grps..sometimes i even get a PM that i should stop leeching [dispite not adding on any of the fights they got into...becuase there weren't any]

Ok i can see a bad side that they'll get accused of running 2fg or something, but if its there...why not share it? what harm can it do aside helping a realm mate get to where he/she is going to ?!

Anyway..someone tell me why people go through the aggro of lvling the Croc ring to lvl 10 just to take it off whenever someone else is in the 'Aura'

Maybe i should say i don't want to add on fights a bit more than i do or something, but it still seems very silly to me.

am i not seeing something or is it just some people being gits?

-Gale

Ormorof

FH is my second home
they are being gits :D

most annoying thing though is if you have hastener speed and a group runs past with croc ring and sprinting so you cant leech speed to next keep :(

Poag

m00?
Ormorof said:

most annoying thing though is if you have hastener speed and a group runs past with croc ring and sprinting so you cant leech speed to next keep :(

or when they sit outside ur BK and go afk so noone can pickup speed!!

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

Think that's fixed next patch so shared speed doesn't overwrite hasteners.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Gale said:
or when they sit outside ur BK and go afk so noone can pickup speed!!

yeah, wish /nohelp stopped ae speed sometimes.. :p

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't mind if people leech the speed as long as they A) are nice people or B) are polite and ask can they leech. I would cancel the effect if some asshole tries to leech it though :p

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Gale said:
Now this has happened a few times now with different grps..

sometimes i even get a PM that i should stop leeching [dispite not adding on any of the fights they got into...becuase there weren't any]

am i not seeing something or is it just some people being gits?

-Gale

Being gits.

Hope you told whoever it was that PM'd you to get stuffed :twak: and take their lame arses off the amg-mmg route if they didn't want anyone to add to their fights.

Poag

m00?
Saggy said:
I wouldn't mind if people leech the speed as long as they A) are nice people or B) are polite and ask can they leech. I would cancel the effect if some asshole tries to leech it though :p

about as subtle as a brick wall sags..and its so nice to see you to

Thanks for the other responses confirmed that i thought they were being childish/twats

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
Most people remove the ring due to the fact that every realm is full of leeches, and alb has more than anyother realm atm.

Ive removed my ring in the past because of this, people cant help but attack your target even if its gonna die without even breaking a sweat.

And for 1fg RvR giving stealthers a lift isnt ever something disired, stealthers by nature leech from 1fgvs1fg fights when they are in the area , so theres your reasons :)

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Gale said:
about as subtle as a brick wall sags..and its so nice to see you to
Erm, how am I supposed to read this? As an insult? My post surely wasn't an attack towards you if that's what you think Oo
Gale said:
Thanks for the other responses confirmed that i thought they were being childish/twats
If you read my post again you will probably see that I confirmed them being childish/twats unless you were a twat in their eyes (well, saying they might be gits surely doesn't show how well you are doing with those guys :p).

Poag

m00?
Krissy said:
Most people remove the ring due to the fact that every realm is full of leeches, and alb has more than anyother realm atm.

Ive removed my ring in the past because of this, people cant help but attack your target even if its gonna die without even breaking a sweat.

And for 1fg RvR giving stealthers a lift isnt ever something disired, stealthers by nature leech from 1fgvs1fg fights when they are in the area , so theres your reasons :)

not entirely true..i generall try and ask before using the bubble and have caught lifts around many times, ending each ride with a thanks pm and heading off to where i was heading to....even got a few "np" back...but i didn't say that so you couldn't have known....still....just means some people are more bothered about it than others...gifv more others imo!

Poag

m00?
Saggy said:
Erm, how am I supposed to read this? As an insult? My post surely wasn't an attack towards you if that's what you think Oo
Not interested in a argument, don't try and start one where there isn't one

If you read my post again you will probably see that I confirmed them being childish/twats unless you were a twat in their eyes (well, saying they might be gits surely doesn't show how well you are doing with those guys :p).

Nah just a general response to ALL the response's confirming my thoughts that those people were just being gits/twits/buggers/annoying/whatever you wanna call them

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Gale said:
Not interested in a argument, don't try and start one where there isn't one
It was an simply question and I'm not trying to start an arguement Oo Anyway, doubt you would cover your insulting with post like that so I take it as it wasn't an insult towards me :p Besides, your post was just about as subtle as a brick wall as mine :cool:

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
The "1fg" mentality in rvr means you don't want stealthers tagging along. Else when you win a fight, you can't brag about it in IRC because you had adds. Generally, groups are suspicious of other groups and individuals and don't want them around. It happens in pve and rvr and there might be a reflection of society in this, but I don't have time to think about it.

Poag

m00?
Saggy said:
It was an simply question and I'm not trying to start an arguement Oo Anyway, doubt you would cover your insulting with post like that so I take it as it wasn't an insult towards me :p Besides, your post was just about as subtle as a brick wall as mine :cool:

so we have a small collection of brick walls then? can we arrange them in some kind of pattern?

Seks said:
The "1fg" mentality in rvr means you don't want stealthers tagging along. Else when you win a fight, you can't brag about it in IRC because you had adds. Generally, groups are suspicious of other groups and individuals and don't want them around. It happens in pve and rvr and there might be a reflection of society in this, but I don't have time to think about it.

Meby..just found it annoying to get suddenly dumped in the middle of nowhere for no aparent reason....shall be less trusting in the future.

Ah well hopefully when the Haster duration is extended and it doens't get overwritten by AE speed it won't be a problem

redB

Fledgling Freddie
Well, i usualy put ring on if therse some stealthers running from ligen to emain althought had ppl from other realms whine about when 5 stelathers following us in brei ( /em looks at boom :flame: :p ), but its quite anoyin to see people trying to stalk group all around emain. Mebe its been petty but i take the ring off if that happens also. Although prolly quite wuss of the group in question to just ignore your ask to leach rather than say no :eek:

Gale said:
Anyway..someone tell me why people go through the aggro of lvling the Croc ring to lvl 10 just to take it off whenever someone else is in the 'Aura'

Mebe they lvl'd it for the brittleguard pets, they dont catch speed off just normal song, you need the croc ring aoe for them to move at speed. Some silly bug i guess

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Krissy said:

Must be a strange feeling to move around in the frontiers viewing both friend and foe as enemies :(

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Krissy said:

Funnily enough last I heard was called RvR not 1fgv1fg.

And talking of leeches never seen a group fail to wade in on a stealther fight when they arrive at a mmg. Ain't that leeching? You don't want adds don't run up and down between the milegates in emain, simple as that.

Anyway when it comes down to it, RvR isn't xp, you don't have camped spots and there isn't a CoC as far as pulling the enemy goes.

As for the not attacking targets that you are going to kill without breaking a sweat... yeh right so stealthers are supposed to stand to one side clicking between you and your target to see who is gonna win.

P.S The way alb fg tend to get completely whooped by equal numbers of mids and hibs would have thought you guys would appreciate any help you can get. Just view it that the stealther is trying to help you early. . . .

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Why do they get the croc ring if they don't intend on using it?

Don't see any other reason for AE speed other then helping passers by.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Bunnytwo said:
Anyway when it comes down to it, RvR isn't xp, you don't have camped spots and there isn't a CoC as far as pulling the enemy goes.
There isn't such a thing as "camp" according to CoC - pulling from camped spots is perfectly fine as long as you dont pull already pulled mob. In other words you can be an arse and pull from the camp someone else is already using, up to you will you do it. Same goes for "adding" in RvR, its perfectly fine but understandable if someone doesn't like it.
Bunnytwo said:
Funnily enough last I heard was called RvR not 1fgv1fg.
1vs1, 2vs2, 8vs8, 16vs16 and Zerg vs Zerg are all part of the RvR. Sure, whining about adds is silly but it doesn't mean you have to like it or encourage people to do it.

The best fights were the ones when our group had already "won" the fight and we got some stealthers adds to finish the few remaining enemies off - we got flamed and they got an reason why they lost so they came back to get farmed again :p The worst fights were the ones where we won/lost because of friendly adds.
Jaem- said:
Being a git and teasing is one reason like this thread proves :p

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Why do they get the croc ring if they don't intend on using it?

conversion is still quite a nice ability.
if stealthers are following me everywhere then the ring comes off. dont mind so bad if they ask, but most of the time they dont.

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
There isn't such a thing as "camp" according to CoC - pulling from camped spots is perfectly fine as long as you dont pull already pulled mob. In other words you can be an arse and pull from the camp someone else is already using, up to you will you do it. Same goes for "adding" in RvR, its perfectly fine but understandable if someone doesn't like it.

Except as I said doesn't seem to be a two-way thing. Groups coming through a mg and finding an infil fighting a SB for example never seem to think twice about wading in. Never seen a group not do it.

One of the main distinctions between alb and mid seems to be that the mids use their stealthers to best advantage, as an asset as opposed to a problem that ruins their "I'm so uber blah blah blah" bragging rights.

Be interested to know if groups in their bgs actually pass on info about the enemy, as opposed to an attitude of not informing others cos they might take their rps away.

Also like to point out that when comes to keep takes etc stealthers are often expected to scout out areas to keep an eye out for enemy movements, missing out on rps. Why should they if this attitude of "no thats my kill" prevails in rvr in general?

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Bunnytwo said:
Except as I said doesn't seem to be a two-way thing. Groups coming through a mg and finding an infil fighting a SB for example never seem to think twice about wading in. Never seen a group not do it.

One of the main distinctions between alb and mid seems to be that the mids use their stealthers to best advantage, as an asset as opposed to a problem that ruins their "I'm so uber blah blah blah" bragging rights.

Be interested to know if groups in their bgs actually pass on info about the enemy, as opposed to an attitude of not informing others cos they might take their rps away.

Mids are quite proficient with zerging tictacs, yes ;)

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
This is going off-topic tbh :p
Bunnytwo said:
Done it 1000+ times and seen it done 1000+ times by others.
Bunnytwo said:
I believe the info would be passed but the group finding the enemy first would get the right to fight first (=no adding). 99.9% of the time its not about RPs, its about having a good fight between equal size of forces, RPs are just a little bonus. I haven't seen "wanking over frags" attitude in Daoc really. Oh, surely the ones adding are more RP-hungry than the ones not taking extra help to quarantee the victory?
Bunnytwo said:
Also like to point out that when comes to keep takes etc stealthers are often expected to scout out areas to keep an eye out for enemy movements, missing out on rps. Why should they if this attitude of "no thats my kill" prevails in rvr in general?
I feel sorry for everyone who RvR just for RPs and can't do it just for fun (not the ones disliking RvR in general and doing it to get RAs for PvE though :p). For some people winning is the fun but I dare to say that the majority of the so called RvR-guilds believes that fair fights are the most fun wether you win or lose.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
For some people winning is the fun but I dare to say that the majority of the so called RvR-guilds believes that fair fights are the most fun wether you win or lose.

explain to me why then, if the RvR guilds that dislike adding so much (yet love stealther info of enemy movements) dont go to an emptier zone like HW/odins if they dont want to fight the "easy" low RR random groups that they farm.... :flame:

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Ormorof said:
explain to me why then, if the RvR guilds that dislike adding so much (yet love stealther info of enemy movements) dont go to an emptier zone like HW/odins if they dont want to fight the "easy" low RR random groups that they farm.... :flame:
Erm, surely its better to go where the action is? I haven't seen a single balanced group looking for low RR random groups to fight with, they are looking for a challenge (ToA may have changed things, haven't played for months :p). And no, there is absolutely no reason to leave the random groups alive if they pass by and yes, I've seen hundreds of times people whining over finding only random groups to fight with. Oh, RvR-guilds do go to emptier zones when Emain gets too zergy ;) The point of "fair fights" is equal size of forces, not about the group setups, realm balance or relic status (since there isn't much you can do about those things).

What's wrong with loving the info of enemy movements? Surely the stealthers can't kill those groups alone so they aint missing much (well, RPs from adding? Hihi :>) and after all most stealthers enjoy the fights against other stealthers the most?

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Prydwen is a realm versus realm server, thats why we cant kill people from the same realm. Camlann is a player versus player server.

When i logg in i always make sure i logg in where i want to play :)

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
99.9% of the time its not about RPs, its about having a good fight between equal size of forces, RPs are just a little bonus. I haven't seen "wanking over frags" attitude in Daoc really. Oh, surely the ones adding are more RP-hungry than the ones not taking extra help to quarantee the victory?

I feel sorry for everyone who RvR just for RPs and can't do it just for fun (not the ones disliking RvR in general and doing it to get RAs for PvE though :p). For some people winning is the fun but I dare to say that the majority of the so called RvR-guilds believes that fair fights are the most fun wether you win or lose.

Yep, but as you admit youself everybody adds, groups add to stealther's fights, so why shouldn't it work both ways?

Would say that the majority of those running the uber fotm gotta have exactly the right setup or I ain't going outta the PK are playing for the RPs and displaying the "Wanking over frags" attitude. They definately ain't after "fair" fights, they want to carve through the enemy like a hot knife. Fair play to em, but it definately isn't some sort of Zen like love of the beauty of the game type crap, more like a "Oh Oh Oh my GAWWWD YES YES YES I've got deathspam"

Bottom line is though much as some might want to play 1fgvs1fg, if they don't want people adding them they've got the wrong game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom