Advice.

K

Krazeh

Originally posted by Y0ni
Personally I feel that at 16 I wouldnt go for the suit effect it is just way to formal. Apart from shoes and eyes hair is also important. Get it styled if you can, just out of bed look is good :)

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get your hair to look like you've just got outa bed and not actually have it look like it really does when you've just got outa bed?

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Krazeh
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get your hair to look like you've just got outa bed and not actually have it look like it really does when you've just got outa bed?
30 seconds to wet it and flatten it with my hands, 1 minute to wax it all back up and in the direction I want :)

Sometimes if it's not staying where I want I'll use both gel and wax at the same time then my hair is like concrete for the next fortnight :D

S

Summo

Grow your hair longer than you would like it, pop into Toni & Guy at least once. Tell them your after a 'bedhead' kind of look and give them free reign to do what they think looks good. After that, try to keep it that way, even if you feel it looks rubbish. And buy whatever 'product' they recommend. You're not a bad looking kid, so a decent haircut would do wonders for you.

K

Krazeh

Well you have nice hair then, mine's a bastard, just wants to go all over the place

M

~Mobius~

Arse, just cut my hair 2 days ago. Cant really do much with it now. If you go for some weird spiked look dont you look like a bit of a pansy? I.E Gareth Gates or someone from The Salon.

I also have this problem with my hair where the top centre of it (barbers call it "the crown" ) sticks up no matter what I do with it. How can I cure this? :(

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by ~Mobius~
I also have this problem with my hair where the top centre of it (barbers call it "the crown" ) sticks up no matter what I do with it. How can I cure this? :(
stick the rest up so it looks like it's a part of the style ;) et voila!

T

tris-

that always used to happen to me, then i changed barbers. basically they should keep the hair on the crown a bit longer than the rest and it doesnt stick up.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Krazeh
Well you have nice hair then, mine's a bastard, just wants to go all over the place
hm not really, it is a pain but I just kinda improvise on the night, my hair receded a bit over the last few years then stopped just as I thought I was going bald :eek7: prolly due to stress or something, in my avatar it looks like I have a mohican or something but that's just where my hair 'grew backwards'. Is a bit of a pain to get a decent styled look now so I just go for the messy style and I seem to get away with it, but if I let it get too long it starts to look like a quiff which is BAD news :mad:

C

CptDoom

Hold on a minute!

Wear what the fuck you want, or feel comfortable in. As much of all these threads are correct, you are your own person and 16!?! Chill out man, things will happen and attacking it with a new look is a bit ott imo.

Im not saying blend in here either, just be yourself and someone one day will come along and bonk you for who you are, not what you wear.

PM me in 2 years if this doesnt happen by then, i do however not take responsibility.

Oh and trainers? Wear 'cool' trainers, nothing better than a kickin pair of trainers. I spent £120 on mine and altho i am in a long term relationship (3.5 years) i can tell that women just wanna rape me. Honestly, they do. Yep....

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by CptDoom
Hold on a minute!

Wear what the fuck you want, or feel comfortable in. As much of all these threads are correct, you are your own person and 16!?! Chill out man, things will happen and attacking it with a new look is a bit ott imo.

Im not saying blend in here either, just be yourself and someone one day will come along and bonk you for who you are, not what you wear.

Thats the thing, I do that and no girl has ever taken the slightest interest in me. I dont want to change just to please people but I must be doing something wrong...I'm not that hideous am I?

T

tris-

well where have you been looking? i dont know many people who will pull just walking down the street ;) sometimes people just arnt interested or a lesbian so if that happens then its not your fault... maybe your talking about boring crap or something, its not just about how you dress or look.

W

Will

Thats the thing, I do that and no girl has ever taken the slightest interest in me. I dont want to change just to please people but I must be doing something wrong...I'm not that hideous am I?
Its just that you are 16...girls are shy too, you are all just reaching the age where hormones overtake your shyness.

S

Summo

Grrnkh! Having a decent haircut, nice shoes and some flattering shirts isn't a fundamental personality change. People keep saying 'hey, be who you are, wear what you want...' and, to a large degree, its bollocks.

FFS, be yourself, yes, but take some pride in your appearance. A hairdresser isn't going to give you a Gareth Gates look if you say "hey, I don't want to look like Gareth Gates, I want something funky and fun but not too 'out there' "

It would be an amazing woman who, on a night out, can see through your bad hair, two T-shirts and 72-hour gaming marathon-man to the charming, sexy, funny and caring guy underneath. Help them along a bit by looking clean, presentable and well-groomed.

Here's a tip - next time you're out have a look a what other blokes are wearing and how they have their hair. Remember what looks good on them and what doesn't. The easy bit is going into a shop/hairdresser and buying what you think they would look good in, or the sort of clothes they would wear. This is how fashions occur.

After a while, you'll be able to confidentally buy stuff you know you'll look good in.

Oh! Shoes! Don't wear trainers, but don't wear shiney work shoes either. The number of blokes who waltz about town sounding like tap dancers... Shiney black shoes on a night out are for wankers. For a first attempt, buy some dark brown shoes, maybe. Nothing too formal, just not trainers.

J

Jonaldo

We'd all love to be unique and have our own style and be totally different from everyone, and most of us try it at some point. Then we realise society don't take too kindly to outsiders.

When I was a student I was very indie, had a pony tail, wore t-shirts too big for me and had graffiti logos all over them. Listened to 'grunge' and Rage against the Machine and Britpop.

My music taste didn't really change but I just listen to anything good(in my opinion) these days. But I soon realised I couldn't get into the nice pubs my friends started going to and couldn't really mingle with the vast majority of people.

I just changed my look a bit, but it didn't change 'me' at all, now I'm a lot more comfortable when I'm dressed smartly and know I can go anywhere I like, and it's really not that hard for me to dress down when I want to go to anywhere playing rock music or a bit more indie scene. (Pink Toothbrush for teh win!)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Will
Its just that you are 16...girls are shy too, you are all just reaching the age where alcohol overtakes your shyness.
edited Wills post as he made a spelling mistake ;)

(ok ok ok so he was partially right) :p

S

Summo

Ooh! Mobius! A friend at school drew a cartoon called "Billy Bumtin: He Keeps His Bum In A Tin".

Change your name to Billy Bumtin, please.

L

L_Plates

TBH as someone said before, be yourself if someone does'nt like you for what you are then f*** em they aint worth you knowing.

Live and die by it i do :)

C

CptDoom

Trainers for teh win arguments are now over.

Your suit, my trainers and ur boyish good looks will win you an endless stream of adoring females

mobiuslooker.jpg

M

~Mobius~

Fuck, that looks creepy. :/

I have a slight fear of clowns.

J

Jonaldo

Trousers and trainers, now there's a combo that should be punishable by death in my opinion.

B

Big G

sweet jesus, that picture just summoned the painful lol.

It sounds like you're in love with the idea of it all, as opposed to the girl herself.

I've done that before, fell in love with someone i barely knew and it all ended in tatters. Be cool, take it slow, get friendly with her, you just never know.

Just don't rush it. My mate has a habit of going all Lionel Ritchie on women far too soon and they run away like they've got dynamite up their arse. Most women/girls do a runner if they feel you are closing in on them and getting serious too soon.

Just be her friend :)

G

J

Jonaldo

hint for the day: Go watch Gregorys Girl.

It could hold the answers to everything (but probably not)

M

Munkey-

Shoes

My new pair of shoes i'll have you know. I think they look quite spinky

S

S-Gray

Today, my "first love" was in the shop where i work... i thought i was dreaming for a minute, then i just leaped at her feet saying how much i missed her (Not seen/spoke to her in 3years)... after a good chat she gave me her address! Im so fucking chuffed* :D

*Fuck.. i spelt her address wrong and i cant find the fuck on a map.. eeep! :( Hopes lost

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by S-Gray
*Fuck.. i spelt her address wrong and i cant find the fuck on a map.. eeep! :( Hopes lost

Sorry, but lol. :p
Try ever variety of the spelling. :)

P

Pro]v[etheus

1. Be yourself.

2. Try to make her laugh, women love a guy with a sense of humour.

3. Women love to see well kept nails on a man, keep them clean and don't bite them.

4. Get yourself a pair of Brogues, very smart and as was mentioned earlier go for a dark brown colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom