[INFO] Account center

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuclear misfit

Fledgling Freddie
hmm.. i just went on and regged a new acc, which makes no sense, rly.
and i've got mail 3min after that.. and i -ZOMG- confirmed my acc in 3sec?!?!

entered my key and now waiting for confirmation mail.

i've made acc on the first day of beta and since then got 28 mails telling me that the key isn't registered.. let's see what happens next.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Nice one my friend.. it would appear they aren't being entirely truthful with us once again.... grrrrr

I've just created my account also...

Wooly

It's possible they've got it up and running but want to keep testing it in its live environment before they switch it on on the homepage and announce to the world?

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
hmm.. i just went on and regged a new acc, which makes no sense, rly.
and i've got mail 3min after that.. and i -ZOMG- confirmed my acc in 3sec?!?!

entered my key and now waiting for confirmation mail.

i've made acc on the first day of beta and since then got 28 mails telling me that the key isn't registered.. let's see what happens next.

Well I still havent got an email back

nuclear misfit

Fledgling Freddie
my thoughts exactly.
and so far, it's working very fast!

raises my hopes towards the head start and live launches.

nuclear misfit

Fledgling Freddie
Well I still havent got an email back

jfc!!!

i've just tried logging in the patcher with my new acc created like 15min ago.. and it's patching!

try it, and good luck!

ok, so appart from the no mail part, goa system looks like it's working..?

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
jfc!!!

i've just tried logging in the patcher with my new acc created like 15min ago.. and it's patching!

try it, and good luck!

ok, so appart from the no mail part, goa system looks like it's working..?

Cant try nothing Im at work :(

NephrenKa

Fledgling Freddie
5:00am(BST) my account was successfully validated

I will check out the EU servers to compare them with US ones.

3 more days of beta left :/

I suppose that transition from beta to commercial ver should be rather smooth.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Ive made 3 accounts now and havent received an activation email for any of them :( I think I am doomed to not play this game!

I couldnt even play on US servers because I left my pc on for 10 hours and it downloaded 3% of the client :s

wooly

Fledgling Freddie
It's possible they've got it up and running but want to keep testing it in its live environment before they switch it on on the homepage and announce to the world?

When things are this lively.. if you want to test something you don't do it on the live service..? Surely they have test servers to mirror the production stuff??

I'm negative when a company is quite openly shit... If they were normal and thorough, then they would be praised... Have you looked at the differences between the US site and the EU site...? None of the stuff they are doing can be defended.... Everything they have touched so far has turned to shit... It is all so far is woeful... The game and all the setup on the server side which has obviously came from Mythic is the only decent thing as it mirrors US backend setup...

When are people going to wise up...? Stop defending a shit organisation (if you could call them that - possibly disorganisation) who quite clearly shouldn't have been awarded this contract... This whole situation is unnacceptable... The US user base would not stand for this so why should we??

I'm only interested in the Mythic content.. As is everyone else.. which is proven by the lack of shouting as soon as people get access... This is human nature...

I'm looking forward to go live.. to see if this first year computer science degree project succeeds... I suspect they'll get a fail and have to resit...

Wooly

Torn

Fledgling Freddie
this is very frustrating.

Finally managed to make an account yesterday afternoon with my gmail address. Still haven't got an email with a link to verify it. Tried using the OB 'activation' screen - entering the account details and my OB code... but i got a reply about 10 hours later saying "your key is not in use" and a strange error code whose link lead nowhere.

Been reading these forums and WHA to try and find a solution. Saw that a few people here had signed up within 10 mins this morning, so decided to make ANOTHER account with my fort-awesome.eu mail address. 1h later, still no verification email from GOA.

This really is unacceptable. I've been strung along since Sunday, unable to create an account because their flash-based website never works properly. I've managed to create two accounts since yesterday, but have recieved no verification emails from them so I can't activate the account.

This is horribly frustrating, and the only reason I pre-ordered so early was that I would get a chance to play Open Beta.

GOA - sort it out :(

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
cancell it now, dont give those fucking r-tards a penny of your cash, they dont deserve it.

pito

Loyal Freddie
well i can play but i recevied an e-mail telling me my key could not get validated but i can still play so dunno what is going on

SSS

Fledgling Freddie
error=5x06

this eye candy for 2 days now.

who else is doing the master class of : error=5x06 ?

Torn

Fledgling Freddie
I'd also like to say that I copy-pasted my OB key straight from the D2D email.

I'm worried that the 'your key has not been registered' is a horrible joke, and that they think my OB key is invalid?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
When things are this lively.. if you want to test something you don't do it on the live service..? Surely they have test servers to mirror the production stuff??

You test it on staging, then you put it on live and test it there - then you blow the trumpets ;)

That said I'd have expected an announcement by now.

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
still no email for my bros account. Worst thing is that in all the confusion a few days back i didnt write down the login and pword to his game account : / For the life of me i cannot remember, and with no customer support to contact all i have is a beta key that may or may not be valid....

wooly

Fledgling Freddie
You test it on staging, then you put it on live and test it there - then you blow the trumpets ;)

That said I'd have expected an announcement by now.

Surely when talking about live its not a test its a use :)

But seriously even if you test (use) it on live you should ring fence it.. not allow the patcher client to connect to that page... They are just plain bonkers... It just adds another nail in the "what? Eh? <puzzled look>?" coffin...

Maybe the've been on the toilet now for most of the morning head in hands... Suicide note on back of the door... :p

Wooly

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
guys, I know a lot of you are angry and frustrated with the way things have been going down, but please try not to break the FreddysHouse Code of Conduct while you're caught up in things.

I feel with you: I have also not received the emails etc. even though I can currently play for some reason, but I and the other staff/mods have to uphold the rules we made and we will do so.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
guys, I know a lot of you are angry and frustrated with the way things have been going down, but please try not to break the FreddysHouse Code of Conduct while you're caught up in things.

I feel with you: I have also not received the emails etc. even though I can currently play for some reason, but I and the other staff/mods have to uphold the rules we made and we will do so.

Guess you are refering to me, I apologise Im just so angry & frustrated! :mad:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
not you specifically mate :) apology accepted though. and I know it's hard to hold back a little when you're pissed off, I really do.

nuclear misfit

Fledgling Freddie
well.. after 3 days i finally got in.
random bugs and stuff, but it is beta.. finally!

hope you all join in fast and start having fun!

(reminder - i was able to get in ONLY after i reg second acc and logged in the patcher without confirmation mail)

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie

pikeh

Resident Freddy
GOA said:
Our technical teams are still working hard to rectify the situation with our email server and as soon as this system is working correctly we will re-open our account creation page. In the meantime, those of you who have entered an open beta code need not wait any longer. All valid codes entered will be able to log in and play within a few minutes of successfully submitting your details. All players who have already entered a code should be able to log in immediately. There is no need to wait for the confirmation email

Thank you for your patience.

From the main page. Sorry if it's been posted before.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think you need to post the same thing 3 times Tiani :p

Does anyone else find it highly amusing that one fo the tags to this thread is "GOA sucks todgers" ?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I don't think you need to post the same thing 3 times Tiani :p

Does anyone else find it highly amusing that one fo the tags to this thread is "GOA sucks todgers" ?

I keep laughing at the "Requiels dog" one.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom