Wardens

K

kelem

Which is the best respec for u and why and some who r already respecced r u comfortable with it ??

1Jesta

I used to be 49 nurt , but respecced to 47 so i could get the 483 hp heal.
So I lost the last 2 , 24% resists, but still have 2 x 16% and 1 24% body resist.
Sometimes I regret not having them, But a lot of the time that heal has saved a lot of ppl in my grps.
My spec is 47 nurt , 18 blades ( for use any time style ) , 42 regrowth , and smth in parry which I cant remember atm :p

There seems to be 2 types of warden out there atm, the type that just charge in and like to whack things, and the type that hang around at the back healing and disrupting casters.
Personally I think the 2nd option is the way a warden should play.
But i guess a lot of ppl disagree, which is fine :)

G

Gahldir

Just a lill question, isn't it a bit hard that hve mana enough to keep PBT up while healing?

M

Mirhen Morkir

I respecced to :

Nurture 49 - couldn't loose my top two resists.
Regrowth 26 - near 300 heal is fine as a backup healer.
Blades 21 - Lets face it with max spec weapon the damage output is useless (with SC etc, 32 blades)
Parry 28 - With MoParry2/Bub/items/RR helps keep me alive, and therefore keep bub up for my group. (atm with SC S/S it all adds up to 53 parry)

I couldn't really be happier with my spec atm.

M

mastade

I was...
49 nurture
39 blunt
19 parry
7 regrowth

respecced to...
49 nurture
25 blunt
14 parry

Being a battle warden is evil in a 1on1, but is s00ke in groups. you charge your enemy and starts slapping them, die fast and your group is outta heals, buffs, pbt etc. Anyways, being able to heal for 400+ is much better than doing 40+ dam ^^

P

panzer

Gotta agree here, battle wardens are great 1v1....... except when against a paladin - damn fight took longer than 10 mins - all my buffs dropped - but i still won ;)

Larger scale battles arnt exactly major fun for wardens, everyone loves the bubble, but its passive for us.

Maybe healing wardens are more effective than battle wardens in these encounters, but i still found the power pool problems a major issue - wardens are 3rd rate healers, but unfortunately this seems the spec that alot of peeps think is the most viable template for rvr - doesnt say alot for wardens!

Great in PvE doent seem to translate well to great in RvR unfortunately.

M

Marwolaeth

45 Nurture (Obvious reason)
16 Regrowth (stops complaints about my crummy rezz :D)
32 Blunt (Pass, just wanted to cause some dmg I supose)
32 Parry (I likes parry and with other specs at the lvl they are this uses up all my spec points nicely.....plus with Master of Parry 2 and +12 to my parrying spec I parry like a....erm.....parrying, er, thing....)

Wardens job for me = keep alive and keep bubble up so everyone else can kickass, maybe firing off the odd heal when and if needed (to keep peeps alive sufering DoT's on team m8s springs to mind).

O

old.Thanatlos

49 nurture, best PBT, best resists, best haste, best dmg add
42 regrowth, best heal, well.. that's it << wants to see more here
6 blades, taunt for pve
6 blunt, detaunt for pve
10 parry

There's 2 types of wardens and both are excellent for different reasons:

The 'healing warden':

- high regrowth
- low weapon
- low-medium parry
- stands back near mages and druid
- has many mana regen RA's
- PBT covers mages/healers but usually misses tanks
- heals help keep tanks alive or save mages if they don't die too quickly

The 'fighting warden':

- low-medium regrowth
- medium parry
- medium-high weapon
- charges in with tanks, /assists tanks when possible, breaking pbt and helping to kill quickly
- interrupts mages or healers
- covers tanks with PBT but usually misses healers/mages
- stands back and heals when not engaging enemy
- has more tanklike RA's like IP and MoP

Both wardens have the potential to stay alive really long, the healer because he's generally out of range of the mages, and the fighter because he has a more defensive spec and defensive RAs..

Best is to have two of each in a group imo.

Love my spec, and I don't even have serenity :)

I

inuyasha

Hehe

Dont make fighting wardens :DD

Heal wardens for evah!! =)

L

lofff

Originally posted by 1Jesta
There seems to be 2 types of warden out there atm, the type that just charge in and like to whack things, and the type that hang around at the back healing and disrupting casters.
Personally I think the 2nd option is the way a warden should play.

Agreed :kiss2:

L

lofff

Originally posted by mastade
I was...
49 nurture
39 blunt
19 parry
7 regrowth

respecced to...
49 nurture
25 blunt
14 parry

Being a battle warden is evil in a 1on1, but is s00ke in groups. you charge your enemy and starts slapping them, die fast and your group is outta heals, buffs, pbt etc. Anyways, being able to heal for 400+ is much better than doing 40+ dam ^^

Agreed. :kiss2:

L

lofff

Originally posted by old.Thanatlos
49 nurture, best PBT, best resists, best haste, best dmg add
42 regrowth, best heal, well.. that's it << wants to see more here
6 blades, taunt for pve
6 blunt, detaunt for pve
10 parry

There's 2 types of wardens and both are excellent for different reasons:

The 'healing warden':

- high regrowth
- low weapon
- low-medium parry
- stands back near mages and druid
- has many mana regen RA's
- PBT covers mages/healers but usually misses tanks
- heals help keep tanks alive or save mages if they don't die too quickly

The 'fighting warden':

- low-medium regrowth
- medium parry
- medium-high weapon
- charges in with tanks, /assists tanks when possible, breaking pbt and helping to kill quickly
- interrupts mages or healers
- covers tanks with PBT but usually misses healers/mages
- stands back and heals when not engaging enemy
- has more tanklike RA's like IP and MoP

Both wardens have the potential to stay alive really long, the healer because he's generally out of range of the mages, and the fighter because he has a more defensive spec and defensive RAs..

Best is to have two of each in a group imo.

Love my spec, and I don't even have serenity :)

Changue the underlined part with First and my favourite warden gets an:

Agreed. :kiss2:

L

lofff

Now can sum1 call the cunts to join the thread so i can deal sum:

Disagreed. :mgwhore2:

O

old.Jerioth

Jeri Is An Uber Fighting Warden...OkthxBye :clap:

Dont disagree with that Lofff ;)

O

old.Verata

I've just respecced to:

49 Nurture
42 Regrowth
6 Blade
12 Parry

And am now an uber staff Warden :D

Really is a great spec and 531 heals make a lot more difference in RvR than being kited around by tanks while hitting for 60-80.

B

Bourne Identity

i got a warden which is specced like this:

49 nurture
34 blades
16 regrowth
22 parry

and i'm leet =)
and i dont have a problem with the fact that i heal for 200+- or the fact that i doo like 70-90 dmg per hit.

H

Haradrim

Previous spec;

Nurture : 47
Blade : 39
Reg : 16
Parry : 15

Fighter RA's MoP etc.

I was kinda happy and kinda n00b while playing with that spec..

I was assisting tanks or interrupting casters but there was always high risk of quick death and leave group without bub.. and 150 dmg to invaders was not so good so I decided to respec..

Current spec;

Nurture : 49
Regrowth : 33 --> 380-400 heal is quite nice atm..
Blade : 20
Parry : 22

RA's Serenity 2 MCL 2 AoM 2 FA 2

Now I stay behind heal alot, save ppl alot.. most of the time last dropping member of group.. with RA's normal combats are not a problem for my mana.. I stay away from dr00ds to avoid mezzing of both healers in group I try to stay close to pbaoe caster ( most of the time infront of it or on it to prevent targetting ).. I we have a good dr00d or if dr00d is not in trouble or tanks missed a caster I go for it to interrupt..

Sometimes it seems boring not to deal dmg etc. but I love my warden atm and I believe I'm doin fine in groups.. need to get purge atm to keep bub up after mezzed.. it will take some time but I'll work for that..

Healer Wardens rullz ;)

O

old.Thanatlos

Just give my warden:
- Mastery of Blocking
- Mastery of Healing
- Wild Healing
- Mastery of Concentration
- Some more stuff in regrowth line

and I'll be awesome :)

Verata :clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Thanatlos

Ow my RA's:

MCL II
Raging Power
Thornweed Field << wanna drop this because it's useless without the snare working the first tick this patch
Purge
First Aid
AoM II

Most are active mana management. Used to use thornweedfield to get away from tanks so I could throw more heals but doesn't work anymore :(

Purge for the nasty situations where your whole group is mezzed and don't have group purge or a loose bard/mentalist available to unmez you so you can keep bubble up and heal.

Raging power for the real emergencies where a tank is amongst some nasty casters and you need to chainheal without dropping twf or without the interruption of using crystals/potions.

FA for surviving when running away from a single nuker who thought you were a nice target.

Gonna get some serenity next lol

O

old.Thanatlos

Yes, need to be out of combat, but also area spells don´t put the entire group in combat like they do now..
So i´m hoping you can use MCL when you´re not getting hit - hitting anything yourself.. but will have to see

T

Tank Init

i thought it was if any member of your group is in combat then u are effectly in combat so cant use FA or MCL, tho this might have changed

N

Novamir

ive played on US servers and the MCL change is hardly a nerf, it's still definitely worth 3 pts.

Users who are viewing this thread