About Dyvet Admins..

Septina

Part of the furniture
oh do fuck off pip, you really are a mental case, you have never soloed in your life, you are a useless excuse for a bottomfeeder

He has lone enforcer on his warlock fyi!!!!!11111111 :flame:

Fanguir

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, he tried to solo my arms twice :worthy:

And lost twice :england:

If u loose playing an ar(s)msman against a caster....u must be demented..pip had balls u just hided ur small ones behind ur coward plate..:puke::england:

elbeek

Part of the furniture
If u loose playing an ar(s)msman against a caster....u must be demented..pip had balls u just hided ur small ones behind ur coward plate..:puke::england:

As if we needed any more proof as to why people roll Warlocks.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
fyi a gm from goa plays on usa severs :D

take the hint guys and girls :D

Sorin

Banned

But, but i got huge cojones.

And i was rr4 at the time.
He was rr9000..

I'm just skilled :worthy:

Roaken

Ok, regarding the amount of posts regarding character transfer - This is not a service we provide.

Regarding clustering - It is not technically possible for us to cluster the English Cluster with another cluster.

How many people have more fun with their RR10 characters than gaining realm points and getting to that stage? Player's will always state that RvR is fun, they do not state that RvRing with a Realm Rank 10 is fun, i'm sure it is, but it's the journey the player's take that makes the RvR so enjoyable - as is the personal attachment they gain with the characters they play with - this is maybe why players are so passionate about this game.

Sorin

Banned
Ok, regarding the amount of posts regarding character transfer - This is not a service we provide.

Regarding clustering - It is not technically possible for us to cluster the English Cluster with another cluster.

How many people have more fun with their RR10 characters than gaining realm points and getting to that stage? Player's will always state that RvR is fun, they do not state that RvRing with a Realm Rank 10 is fun, i'm sure it is, but it's the journey the player's take that makes the RvR so enjoyable - as is the personal attachment they gain with the characters they play with - this is maybe why players are so passionate about this game.

In my case its much more "fun" to play my high rrs rather than starting from rr1

Gear

Can't get enough of FH

I had fun at uni as well. Does that mean I have to do it again?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Solo kills on a warlock.......... respect.... xD
And we might have zerged alot during the last year, main reason? Not a single group that does otherwise and the ones that have we have respected.
Doesnt change the fact that i have been a part of serveral groups that has been able to beat all and any opposition this server has come up with, something you will never be able to say. :)

Been able to beat sounds a bit like you didn't make it to the top groups like OG for example.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
oh do fuck off pip, you really are a mental case, you have never soloed in your life, you are a useless excuse for a bottomfeeder

Actually he ran solo on Warlock a lot. But we all know you booked the truth so believe what you want really.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
How is any of this new ?

It aint :X We just whine more because chartransfer IS possible, it's simply "not a service GoA supplies". (atm.)

Besides, this is something we can all unite behind and agree on, instead of bickering realm vs realm or guild vs guild or whatever :drink:

British

Fledgling Freddie

Another enlightning input from Roaken :puke:

British

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
We all upset? whats wrong... in mood cause you got no sweets to munch on:)

guid0

Fledgling Freddie
didnt someone just post how to contact a goa emplyee, if so why was that post insta-removed ? :D

Genedril

Part of the furniture
It aint :X We just whine more because chartransfer IS possible, it's simply "not a service GoA supplies". (atm.)

Besides, this is something we can all unite behind and agree on, instead of bickering realm vs realm or guild vs guild or whatever :drink:

Well looking at the state of FH we can't even agree on how we disagree so the FH tradition continues apace.

Not sure how we can progress from the impasse as GOA can't cluster foreign language servers & without some sort of open letter to Mythic & GOA I'm pretty sure the parlous state of Dyvet will continue which is a shame.

I suppose the options have been covered:

Character transfer between EU servers GOA cannot currently do (possibly down to GOA/Mythic licensing agreements as the databases for all the EU servers should be the same). Unless GOA & Mythic work to resolve this then it's no go.

Character transfer from EU to US servers I'd assume to be a license issue as above & on top of that GOA would being losing customers/cash & Mythic would be gaining a very vociferous bunch of people who would/could be losing items in the transfer (so insta headache for them).

Clustering Dyvet with another EU server can't be done due to the language issue. Unless Mythic sort out the client/server language side of things it's not going to progress & it's not directly affecting them so why would they? Changing the language of Dyvet would be a possibility, but then look what happened to the Classic cluster when that happened + GOA would then have no 'real' (Camlann is hardly over populated) English language server which would be seriously bad PR pre-WAR.

Clustering Dyvet with a US server would mean database issues (as before), cash issues (as before), Mythic getting us (as before).

GOA are really backed into a corner over this one as they can't do a lot without Mythics help or without alienating at least some of the existing customers (changing Dyvet language to German or something to cluster). Yes they should have forseen this & had a plan, they didn't & now they & us are stuck between a rock & a hard place.

At the end of the day the situation for Dyvet is far from rosy & people who claim that Dyvet is still alive are missing the point - it's far from healthy. Even if there are 10 fg's out in RvR that's 80 whole people, Relic Raids used to have more than that from a single realm.

edabi

Fledgling Freddie

May I presume that Roll of Honour is a service you aren't providing anymore too, while it's now nearly 3 months down.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Tbh, don't be too hard on Roaken.. He knew that the community he was going in to would be tough on him, yet he still did it!

He shows up in game, helps ppl out with bugs and told Twinsun and Brad (I think it was?) that their little "kill the tower lord when gate goes below 60%" game was fun, but didn't do anything about it

He's not the one deciding what goa can and can't do.. He's just the one telling us

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
...but it's the journey the player's take that makes the RvR so enjoyable - as is the personal attachment they gain with the characters they play with - this is maybe why players are so passionate about this game.

- the leveling sure isn't fun after doing it half a dozen times
- crafting isn't much fun or interesting ...nor is trying to find a crafter to do a larger order
- MLs ...no, not much fun there
- CLs ... well, see above

RvR is fun, that's why most people still play this game. The steps to be competative aren't though.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
- the leveling sure isn't fun after doing it half a dozen times
- crafting isn't much fun or interesting ...nor is trying to find a crafter to do a larger order
- MLs ...no, not much fun there
- CLs ... well, see above

RvR is fun, that's why most people still play this game. The steps to be competative aren't though.

Have to agree with that, most of the PvE fiends I knew have gone off to pastures new as there's a fairly finite amount of PvE available in the game. Most of the time (after I 'sorted' myself out) I PvE'd to level artis on one char or another & used the opportunity to level another at the same time. Spent a lot of time leveling crafters or crafting while doing RvR (I'm pretty sure NFDGG2 weren't too keen on that but I wasn't the worlds best bard anyhow so it's not like it was a huge performance hit ;) ) as it took the sting out of the boredom.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie

Ye well the thing is, if you simply /make the characters you have on dyvet on a different server/cluster, say limors, then that's fully possible, and it could be considered the same as clustering 2 clusters if you move the whole population there. So yes, I would say clustering is technically possible. In all aspects, also to US. It's just the fact that they don't want to, that is the issue. They don't make enough $$. And even if we the players would be willing to supply that $$, I doubt they will go back on what they have already said, but hey, who knows, we might get lucky one day after WAR is released.

Roaken said:

So you're telling me I WANT to PvE more to achieve my goals here in this game? Well, the answer is simple; LoL.

Players have different ways of playing this game, and different things they want to achieve. Leveling my first couple of chars was fun, yes, but the last 3-4 chars I've made have been booring as hell to make. I've been pl'ing and getting help from every direction I can to make it happen as quick and painless as possible, as I really don't enjoy PvE, in any way whatsoever.

Give me a ToA'd RR1 character, and I can cope with that, it would be ok, RR's I can always get while having fun. But having to go through the PvE again, no ty, I'll rather just not play this game then. Which means, you loose customers, because you can no longer provide the service I want, which is to RvR, and NOT to fuck over the characters I've spent time and time again on getting ready to do that RvR with.

Either way, I understand Roaken is just an employee, and he gets paid for putting up with this shit, but I do hope someone catches up on the things we say and think, and bring them on to GoA. Because they are loosing customers. Not only in daoc, but in a lot of future games, like WAR. This is a reputation I would assume GoA would not want, but hey, I guess there's nothing to do about that, because it's technically impossible right? As if...

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Ye well the thing is, if you simply /make the characters you have on dyvet on a different server/cluster, say limors, then that's fully possible, and it could be considered the same as clustering 2 clusters if you move the whole population there. So yes, I would say clustering is technically possible. In all aspects, also to US. It's just the fact that they don't want to, that is the issue. They don't make enough $$. And even if we the players would be willing to supply that $$, I doubt they will go back on what they have already said, but hey, who knows, we might get lucky one day after WAR is released.

My bad, I forgot the 'manual' input idea. I'm at work & there's a lot of stuff to do so don't shoot me just yet ;).

You're right, that would be easy to do, if time consuming, & there's no reason why it could be done on any EU server (all the items should be the same unless GOA were running different quests across all servers). Doing it to the US would also be possible with the only caveat being that GOA quest items shouldn't be moved.

Looking at one database & directly entering the information into another would probably be the only way to do it, I'd suggest that if anyone tried it then the characters were all created on a seperate server that was then clustered. After all, who knows what implications typos would have & when doing a manual input you're bound to get them (especially as the only way your going to get someone to do something that tedious is to hire the monkey who can't do anything else & throw peanuts at them & hope they stay).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom