6.0 lands on the 14th of October!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There will be the obligatory whinging. Can't wait.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
There will be the obligatory whinging. Can't wait.

I was reading it on their forum earlier, majority of them don't care but some of the whine off others is fucking priceless, stupid shit like "Omg they get it before us? WE SAVED THEM IN WW2! WE SHOULD ALWAYS GO FIRST!"

Himse

FH is my second home
Gonna pre order it tonight (get my free 90) then if I decide to play again I'll have another 90 to start from.

Have a friend to PvP with, so it should be fun.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think you get the free level 90 regardless of whether you pre-order, just part of the expansion.

Himse

FH is my second home
oh nice, i'll definitely be checking it out tonight!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
*taps foot* Well, last Ordos/cele done. Now considering upgrading last of gear with froggyfarm, or just not :p

Still time to kill garrosh too.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I considered doing a bit more frog farming myself on my paladin. I've literally neglected him for quite some time when it comes to upgrades. But at this point, I'm not sure if I'm too bothered with it. I might however see if I can get a late minute garrosh run since I still could use a BoA tanking shield.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm up for work early (5:00am) tomorrow so I'll have a play for 20 minutes before going but I won't really play it until I come back but by then the odd crash and fix should of happened :p

DavidH

Part of the furniture
MoP was actually really well implemented into live servers without any hiccups (Ok, maybe one or two) so it might actually work out just fine. I sure hope so, since I made arrangements so I could play a bit tonight after they release it. I guess time will tell xD

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
e3ft8.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Good job Blizzard had their best men on the job to fix the servers.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The initial switch was a pain, crash then the NPC wouldn't talk, solved with a relog (thankfully no queue)

The quests were as you would expect, kill 10 of them, kill 15 of these. Was fine until that stupid banner planting quest (You will know it when you meet it) Not overly excited by the first zone and if we can't fly in it at 100 I doubt I will ever visit it again, except for garrison hearthing then hearthing back to org. Played until about 2:30 and plan on having a good session tonight.

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeah the opening was a bit sluggish, lag in Blasted Lands was nuts, bit of persistance though once i got into Draenor i was lag free and enjoying it!

Gained a level and went bed, though came back mid morning and the Garrison bug was a nightmare. Have to go work now so hopefully it's all ironed out later.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What's the bug? Didn't do a massive amount with the garrison last night, just the initial quests and a follower mission.

Embattle

FH is my second home
MoP was actually really well implemented into live servers without any hiccups (Ok, maybe one or two) so it might actually work out just fine. I sure hope so, since I made arrangements so I could play a bit tonight after they release it. I guess time will tell xD

Not going quite so well is it :)

Gray

FH is my second home
Garrison bug was only picked up this morning, if you flew into it via flightpoint you would get stuck on the mount, as it was an "instance" it caused a whole lot of issues.

Unsure if it's fixed, logging back in soon!

Syri

FH is my second home
Garrison bug was only picked up this morning, if you flew into it via flightpoint you would get stuck on the mount, as it was an "instance" it caused a whole lot of issues.

Unsure if it's fixed, logging back in soon!
It's not fixed. Still can't load into garrisons, and there's hundreds of people just stood at the garrison site, turning the whole zone into a lag-fest.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap and it's spreading. First it was just the garrisson, then the surrounding area, now the whole shadowmoon vaslley is lagging.

Syri

FH is my second home
And to top it all, now there's queues on some of the lower populated servers, as Blizzard lowered the population caps to try to fix the issues (it didn't work)

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
defo plan on buying the expansion, had a feeling this would happen though -_- would you guys hold off for the moment?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
defo plan on buying the expansion, had a feeling this would happen though -_- would you guys hold off for the moment?

Will let you know tomorrow to be honest :p

Until this point everything went smoothly(as expected).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Lots of guildies hit the bug last night and were either stuck near the garrison or on a flightpath. I got lucky and from a purely selfish point of view it was great exping in relative peace. Really enjoying it. Just a shame the garrison is a farce.

Poag

m00?
Got an hour to play last night, went through the intro which was pretty good, up till the garrison construciton point, stuck my horde flag in the ground, started chopping down some trees....then noticed the second half of the quest was to kill some mobs, of which there were 0 up and laods of players around. Decided to go and cook dinner then ;)

Looks like based on the above that I made a good call in doing such :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, some people got out, some people didn't.

The servers are down now until lunchtime so hopefully they have a fix in place. Either way I find it hard to believe they didn't stress test it, if a server with a tiny population like Bloodhood/Khadgar is knackered by it then I would hate to see what its like on a busy server.

Ignoring all the people shouting about lawsuits and cancelling subs etc it is a pretty bad release. The key feature of the release is game breaking.

Last edited:

Darklis

One of Freddy's beloved
I tried to play some last night, managed to finally get my garrison but the following quests, the quest area was so laggy I just gave up and logged a lowbie to level them, found that lagging too so quit for the night..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, some people got out, some people didn't.

The servers are down now until lunchtime so hopefully they have a fix in place. Either way I find it hard to believe they didn't stress test it, if a server with a tiny population like Bloodhood/Khadgar is knackered by it then I would hate to see what its like on a busy server.

Ignoring all the people shouting about lawsuits and cancelling subs etc it is a pretty bad release. The key feature of the release is game breaking.

Indeed, I could understand if it was their first expansion to have such things.. but its their 5th expansion, they never seem to learn from their past fails as far as server stability goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom