6.0 lands on the 14th of October!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Its because that many people bot, don't see a problem with it personally but then again I dislike grinding. That said, this was known months ago.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Its because that many people bot, don't see a problem with it personally but then again I dislike grinding.

Think of it this way. You gotta get 20 non guaranteed drops from a certain mob for a quest, you go to the one area where they are and find bots there killing everything as they respawn. That's the problem. :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have not seen a bot chain killing mobs since vanilla.

...seen plenty of players just grinding though.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The only things I can see it actually hurting is RAF, quite a lot of people just mob grind with RAF.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Lol, just noticed how fast it is to level now, 562,000 xp from 89-90, it was like 23,000,000 before... done 2 quests and 2 dungeons so far and i'm at 40% :x

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
but youre still a smelly gay boy, and sadly there is no cure for that :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
All ready for the new expansion now. Alts levelled, kitted out in welfare epics, banks and bags emptied and tidied.

Really looking forward to the expansion now.

Syri

FH is my second home
re-subbed a few days ago and started levelling characters. Got the free 90 for pre-ordering, the quest chain to unlock all of your abilities was a right pain though, not very well thought out. You get chucked into the patch event in the blasted lands, with only 3 or 4 abilities, no talents or glyphs, and you're up against mobs tuned for a regular level 90, with full spells, gear and talents. Really should've been instanced...
Definitely noticed the faster levelling though, especially with the rested exp I'd built up. My warlock just skipped from 75 to 80 just doing 8 instances, and the quests inside them. My priest is burning through Panderia content, and I might even have time to get another one to 90 on top of those, before the expansion arrives, at this rate.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I have not seen a bot chain killing mobs since vanilla.

You haven't seen any obvious bots because the more advanced ones are pretty damn clever. About a year ago a mate of mine ran half a dungeon with a pug before the group figured out that one of the group members were actually a bot. And they only noticed because it's script presumably crashed and the character got stuck on autorun at a wall.

Now obviously he could have been lying about it, but i don't really see why he would. But you know, pinch of salt and all that...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
All ready for the new expansion now. Alts levelled, kitted out in welfare epics, banks and bags emptied and tidied.

Really looking forward to the expansion now.

Same, not long now either, only 3 weeks.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just finished my huntards transmog as well huehuehue, gonna work on warlock and priests next.

wowtransmog.jpg

Poag

m00?
So i'm confused.

I got 7 days free play so i activated my account and jumped onto my BE pally. BE models seem exactly the same as TBC launch?

Went to char creation, everyone but BE seem to have gotten a new model....are they still pending?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They're disabling the XP Grind nerf thing.

"This isn't intended to be an "anti-grind" mechanic. It's intended to be an "anti-exploit" mechanic that programmatically addresses power-leveling abuses, with the aim of letting us reward legitimate players more generously. In the past, we've often had little choice but to drastically reduce the experience awarded by certain respawning bosses or enemies that are locked in combat with other NPCs, because otherwise they'd be abused. That always felt bad to the regular player who was just passing through in the course of questing or exploration and got unexpectedly little or no experience for killing something. The goal was to come up with an approach that would be invisible to most players, but discourage sitting there and repeatedly farming the same mob for long stretches of time in order to gain experience. Alternatives like questing, dungeons, or PvP are all supposed to be more lucrative than that - WoW has never been a game in which mass-killing mobs for experience was the most efficient route.

That said, clearly this implementation is far too strict, and is triggering from a wide variety of normal activity. We're going to disable the functionality entirely and look into a much more narrowly targeted approach if and when we reintroduce it. Apologies for the inconvenience and the lack of response on the issue - we were working on understanding exactly where the algorithm was going awry, and now that we've done so, we'll be taking action in the near future."

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So i'm confused.

I got 7 days free play so i activated my account and jumped onto my BE pally. BE models seem exactly the same as TBC launch?

Went to char creation, everyone but BE seem to have gotten a new model....are they still pending?

Yeah BEs are a work in progress as far as I know.

Syri

FH is my second home
So i'm confused.

According to my brother, who follows WoW news far more than anyone I know, they were going to leave Blood Elves and Draenei until a patch, as they were slightly better made than the classic models. It turned out that Draenor, the setting for the new expansion, is full of Draenei though, so they got updated with the rest, leaving just Blood Elves for later.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
According to my brother, who follows WoW news far more than anyone I know, they were going to leave Blood Elves and Draenei until a patch, as they were slightly better made than the classic models. It turned out that Draenor, the setting for the new expansion, is full of Draenei though, so they got updated with the rest, leaving just Blood Elves for later.

Draenei have been done as far as i'm aware, Blood Elves will come later.

Poag

m00?
This makes sense then. Draenai look pretty good now.

Well, guess i need to decide which char i'm going to main up, get to 90 and see how it feels, guess prot pally is a fairly safe bet, meby the hunter tho, or the sham...decisions decisions.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Hunters are pretty boring now, could probably play it on a control pad they have got rid of so many abilities.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Hunters are pretty boring now, could probably play it on a control pad they have got rid of so many abilities.

Indeed, fun for doing old instances now tho. Considering trying a different class out in WoD or going back to my Paladin which I haven't really played since the start of Cataclysm.

Syri

FH is my second home
If you're thinking of trying a new class, at least play it to about level 20 before going for the boost to 90. You can't go back and re-select, so make sure you really want one of that class at 90.
Also, be warned, when you do boost one to 90, you get thrown in to Blasted Lands, with a ton of level 90 orcs invading. You get any talents you had removed, and only start with about 4 spells, the rest you unlock, or re-learn, through the quests for the invasion event. Thing is, the event is also aimed at people who levelled to 90, including all their spells, tricks and talents. As a result, it can be pretty tough going, depending on the class, but you need to get through it to get your character sorted. If you're playing as alliance, and on a server that shares the zone with Terenas, I can help out if you give me a shout. id is Syri#2387

Embattle

FH is my second home
I recently pruned my characters from 7x90s to just the original 3 I played in the first couple of years, want to do more depth than width.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's good to have lots of alts in wod apparently, can make a fair whack of money off garrisons with multiple characters.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have 6 90s, going to level all buy my main from pet battles, making an absolute killing selling level 25 pets on the AH.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I have 6 90s, going to level all buy my main from pet battles, making an absolute killing selling level 25 pets on the AH.

People actually buying level 25 pets? I've got shit loads I can flog lol.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, buying Gilnean Ravens for a few hundred, using a stone on them, leveling them to 25 in around an hour and selling them for 12k, Living fluids for 25k, just sold a Guardian cub for 80k, bought a few a few months back.

Ive spent well over a million on pets though...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just stuck about 35k's worth of pets up, just piss to get ones but all level 25 and blue. I do have a guardian cub but its the only one I have so i'll not be selling it.

Got

Curator 25
Lil' Bling 25
Chrominus 25
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling 25 + Blue
Phoenix hatchling 25 (got loads of these cunts)
Pocket reaver 25
Sunreaver Micro-sentry 25
Zandalari Anklebiter 25 (341 speed)

I do have some more rare ones like an S/S death adder but i'm hanging on to that because its op as fuck vs stuff. Gonna go farm some more Anub Idols and level them, they'll sell well most likely.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If they sell i'll invest more time in to selling others as you can level a pet from 1-25 in 3-4 battles off the dailies so its quite fast.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Seen this in the pet journal before, I almost came. Our own little Patchwerk ;D get it from a Garrison achievement.

asdada.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, there are loads of pets in WoD, on 584, all level 25 (except the crappy non-battle pets) unique now so the 600 achievement will be easy. You can get a pretty decent amount of EXP from pet battles, going to level alts doing it semi afk while watching TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom