6.0 lands on the 14th of October!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
heh, i wonder if the tuesday release were deliberate incase something major went wrong so they can fix that on wednesdays weekly downtime. :)

And if not, are they still gonna take the servers down on wednesday? Do they still insist on weekly downtimes by the way? Been so long since i cared about playing at those times i can't remember if they changed it or not.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its usually down at 5am or something which upsets the weirdos

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
The US servers will be updated on Tuesday. EU will get done during server maintenance on Wednesday.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
when does preload normally start ? cant seem to get mine to do anything :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
yours will have already downloaded the most of the patch, it was downloading the patch like 2 weeks ago :p they said there would be another 100mb dl when maintenance starts or something.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah I think a fair amount has been preloading over the last week or so. There will probably be a small additional patch tomorrow, 500mb or so

Embattle

FH is my second home
yours will have already downloaded the most of the patch, it was downloading the patch like 2 weeks ago :p they said there would be another 100mb dl when maintenance starts or something.

Unless you happen to be one of those strange people who have it turned off :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Loads of bitching about the new character models on the US forums, as if it actually matters.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Someone said female dwarfs spaz out when they drown.

Kinky.

Gray

FH is my second home
Been playing it on alts much of the day, managed to get Ashes of Al'ar so being an okay day for me!

Wish i could solo some other things though, ICC is being a pain due to the Gunship encounter it seems, and i wanted to grab the Portal Jockey achieve on 25m but i don't think that's going to be possible. Unless i maybe use one of my healing characters?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah a good solid patch, lot of convinience added like sharing quest bosses(timeless isle style), stacking mats, toyboxes etc.

Also liking the new models/animations, yet a lot of people seem relly annoyed by them.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
15 seconds on ominomnominom defense whatsit heroic mode. Breezed through it all, if anything it is too easy.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
@Raven

if you haven't got the Invincible Rains nows your time to grab them quick :p bugged apparently since 6.0 hit so it has 100% drop chance.

Gray

FH is my second home
and now they nerf the solo content back.

Sigh:mad:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I can't believe people are still this amazed by the pre-patch <-> launch time. Teething problems always cause pingpong effects in MMOs, scale is very large and also beta testers(who should make sure it works) don't test everything and usually just test how the game would work in their favor(and comment accordingly).

Interanl testing can only do so much afterall, which is why they use beta testing.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
The people who complain about issues with a prepatch has generally started playing MMO's recently. Probably "MoP babies".

But to stay on topic, I'm loving this patch. The new models are absolutely amazing. I might actually consider changing some races outside of my comfort zone just because most of them are so great now. Feels awesome to do a revamped UBRS as well. Looking forward to the lvl 100 version.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
The patch is better than expected although the change in models left some of my gnomes looking hideous (so had to go to the barbers)....

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, that's to be expected, its like any game where the models update, you will find what looked good before has been changed to something rubbish. Bit of a shame they didn't have time to sort out blood elves though, I have two BE alts.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The new tauren models and undead models are amazing, no idea why people were crying about the taurens on the wow forums, they're infinitely better than the old ones, even the animations.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Totally agree. Taurens might possibly be one of the absolute best ones.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Is there enough new shit to warrant a resub or just stupid fluff?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Is there enough new shit to warrant a resub or just stupid fluff?

Compaer to MoP; Still the same wow, with smaller numbers and different looking models. In a nutshell.

It's a convinience patch above all else in my opinion.

Depends when you alst played :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I quit a few weeks after the free epics island patch came.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They are hardly epics... Decent enough to get alts into LFR I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom