2H Paladins

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Asha

Originally posted by Sadireh
But its ok, I think its cute. <Pats Ashas head and pinches her cheek> Go on.... Dont be shy....

icon_redface.gif

There, there little lod, you can touch me if it makes you happy, I'm not shy.

I

Ialkarn

Did you join this thread to add something of usefull or just to wind up ppl dosen't agree whit your friend Seearia?

Are you able to support your arguments or its ending up whit insults and personal attacks too?

S

Sadireh

I made my point. Every class and every spec has its uses. Some groups swear by S/S paladins, some like 2hand. I dont think anyone loves the idea of where the game is going, forcing people to make decisions based on rules rather than personal choice. I just honestly dont believe anyone is "gimped" (except those that would spec things that cant be used in conjuction with the other spec, like speccing all crush and thrust and slash, when you can only use one weapon at a time)

Its all opinion though, which goes the same for me.

Take what I say with a grain of salt... but preferably with a shot of tequila.

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Sadireh
I dont think anyone loves the idea of where the game is going, forcing people to make decisions based on rules rather than personal choice.

the only thing you said that makes any sense...

this has become horrible thread, dunno whose fault but should be closed asap!

O

old.m0000

stop this shit ffs, spec how you want but it wont change the fact that 2-h paladins are a joke and shit at everything and lose utility for fuck all damage.

500 with crit and proc?

LMAO, normal 2-h is doing 400-500 without crit/proc

when does a 49% rvr crit and a proc go off at the same time? and even then only doing 500 dmg? thats really really really shit!

oh and ps: americans are retards

A

Asha

Nothing bracken. :rolleyes: It was a term of affection, but don't worry I wouldn't dream of using it on you.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Asha
Nothing bracken. :rolleyes: It was a term of affection, but don't worry I wouldn't dream of using it on you.

I think the sugar-coated sarcasm has gone far enough Kate. I think you can stop now.

A

Asha

Actually, I was just joking around with Sadireh and taking the piss out of myself after she did, but that seems to have gone over your head.

I don't really care what you think and I don't need you to police me - that's why we have Tilda.

B

bracken_woodman

Actually, I was just joking around with Sadireh and taking the piss out of myself after she did, but that seems to have gone over your head.

I don't really care what you think and I don't need you policing me

Of course you were... and I was responding to your reply to me.

And I wouldn't dream of policing you or anyone else, people are free to post what they like and play the game how they like without being looked down upon. Right?

Anyways, like I said in the other pitiful thread, I think the tone of some of the posts on both sides of the fence has left a very sour taste. A real shame. It ain't like we don't have enough problems in this realm that we share.

C

Chuffy

In fact the only ones who aren't support specced are the high det tanks.

How can you say im not support. Im hurt.

Non support tank are the RR3 ones with Master of Parry and toughness.

And how can 2h Paladins take up 20 pages in 2 threads?
It doesn't take long to say 2h paladins are gimps and everyone to agree.

A

Asha

Yes, and that included being allowed to post on a forum that you think a certain spec is gimp - not a person but a spec. There is a difference. If you can’t differentiate between then two, then there is no point talking to you.

I think if you read, then you would see that the sourness starts when people start hurling insults and using words like twat, moron, retard, and really inappropriate personal insults that have nothing to do with a spec in a game. Instead of answering valid points such as Paladins don’t have determination, Paladins have low weaponskill, more than one shield tank is often necessary – you get back a bunch of garbage. Why start a “discussion” on something you clearly don’t want to discuss?

Chuff – Because it goes without saying. Have a smiley :D

B

bracken_woodman

Yes, and that included being allowed to post on a forum that you think a certain spec is gimp - not a person but a spec. There is a difference. If you can’t differentiate between then two, then there is no point talking to you.

I think if you read, then you would see that the sourness starts when people start hurling insults and using words like twat, moron, retard, and really inappropriate personal insults that have nothing to do with a spec in a game. Instead of answering valid points such as Paladins don’t have determination, Paladins have low weaponskill, more than one shield tank is often necessary – you get back a bunch of garbage. Why start a “discussion” on something you clearly don’t want to discuss?

Well as I see it the root of this isn't in Seeaira's post, which followed other previous posts/comments (and btw I didn't necessarily agree with See, but there ya go).

It actually starts with an attitude of individuals who look down their noses at particular classes, specs, realm ranks or even play styles. For one reason or another this is brought on to boards and into the gaming community. Now whether you like it or not, once a particular class/spec/rr is criticised this will affect the people who play those classes etc. People do take it personally. Why? Well I would guess that its partly because they see it as an attack on their right to play the game as they wish (whether its intended as this or not), and partly because it will affect their abilities to get groups. In addition there is something particularly distasteful seeing people proclaiming their views when it's at the expense of others.

If people see their spec criticised often enough they will react. This is what we have seen. As the two sides then line up and start to hurl more and more abuse at each other what you end up with is a situation that is just plain nasty.

Remember, this all began with a particular attitude, which manifested as comments insulting a certain spec, which in turn led to an angry, and perhaps ill-conceived post from someone reacting to on-going criticisms of a character she had chosen to play.

What's the answer? Personally I think people need to start remembering that they are dealing with real people who have feelings - that goes for both sides in this particular farce. If you don't want to group with a particular spec then don't, but why go round blasting it like some brat in a school playground? Likewise, those who want to proclaim the merits of their spec might want to think it through a little more before they do so.

I find the whole thing shit tbh - the intolerant and arrogant attitudes, the abusive posts (on both sides) and the inability of people to take responsibility for the effects their words are having on others - whether it be the crude name calling or the subtle bitching.

P

[PS]Venom

/salute Bracken - Well said.

He's pretty much got the proverbial nail on the head.

C

Chuffy

No one is saying they cant play 2h.

Why would I or anyone else care if they play 2h.

Were just merely pointing out that 2h is gimped and you won't hear different from an experienced player.

And Prodigy members stop posting 12 million total rp from 115 active members is not an RvR guild.

A

Asha

No one has said anyone HAS to play a certain way. No one has said they should be banned from drops. Not even Krane said that. What he did say is that it’s a bad spec. No, he didn’t say it nicely but several other people have pointed out loads of really good reasons why in a calm rational, non-flaming manner. This gets met by personal insults. Which puts Seeaira right on the same level as Krane.

If the ability of a 2h paladin to get a group is hurt, it’s because it’s not a good spec for groups, for all the reasons pointed out in the 25+ pages on 2h paladins. It’s not because Krane said so on BW. And don’t open thread after thread about it on a forum for opinions if you don’t want to hear opinions.

The thing that you’re skirting is that your spec doesn’t effect yourself only, but also the people you group with and in a much larger sense the realm as whole. No – maybe Seeaira doesn’t group with me or with anyone else telling her why we don’t like the spec, but others do. If alot of people chose to spec smite clerics, 2h paladins, matter sorcerers, and on and on, it does make us weaker as a realm. No, that isn’t why we have no relics, but it’s a symptom of what is wrong imo. Everyone playing for themselves. Well it’s only a game – play to have fun. If that is how you feel, then fine, but it doesn’t make the spec any better and it doesn’t make people who have specced support any happier to group you.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Chuffy

Were just merely pointing out that 2h is gimped and you won't hear different from an experienced player.

Did I say anything different in my post? No. My post was about why we've ended up with a thread like this (and others).

If alot of people chose to spec smite clerics, 2h paladins, matter sorcerers, and on and on, it does make us weaker as a realm.

I don't disagree at all, in terms of the realm in rvr. But the attitude of elitism, arrogance and intolerance that persists in our realm makes us weaker as a community. Guess it just depends which you regard as having more value.

K

Kagato.

Anyone else bored of all this yet? Does anyone really think this is worth 2 threads of arguments?

S

seeaira

I do agree with both bracken and asha here,

Bracken, at times I have lowered myself to childish insults and name calling and nothing I can say would justify that or be an excuse. I am however, only human and a bit on the sensitive side. :: hears the awwws::
My original post was in no way meant to be a flame to anyone, although I added krane in there. The post was about people in general calling other specs gimped.. not necessarily about just 2 handed pallys. I added in the bit about Krane as I was saying.. "look what these people who call us gimps think, now we don't have the right to lotto without being flamed"
But the whole thread got turned into one large insulting and sarcastic lump. (thanx to me as well)

I do agree with Asha in the fact if everyone specd how they wanted to and they were selfish about it, there wouldn't be much left of alb. It would be chaotic and no one would work together as a team.

It was never really my intention to RvR much with Seeaira as I feel like I did my part in being the cleric "group friendly" char in rvr on the US server.. I was just wanted to have some pve fun with my friends. But as I started to RvR.. I really feel like im not as gimped as people think.. so my opinion has changed. Who knows.. mythic might change something and it will change how people see 2 handed pallys. But.. I do play in a group.. we work well together and I don't feel my spec harms us in anyway.

Anyway.. I think all that can be said about 2 handed pallys and other gimps has been said, not that it will stop others on posting in the future.. but I have had my fill of talking/defending... I have no hard feelings towards any of you and if I see you.. I would /wave /cheer ( as I did to asha lastnight :p ) throw you a rez.. BW is just a place sometimes to vent..
/end of vent

V

Vireb

Originally posted by Chuffy

And Prodigy members stop posting 12 million total rp from 115 active members is not an RvR guild.
okies last comment .

black falcons have been around since early release had varying number of members during that time , 63 million rp ,
prodigy been around for just under 2 months now 12 million , 4th guild in albion for rp learnt last week , 3 of the top 20 friars last week , cleric whos number 5 rp earner, 3rd merc, 4th & 9th minstrel, 4th and 9th paladins, highest reaver, 3rd scout, 11th 14th and 16th sorc, 4th , 5th , 6th , 15th 16th 17th and 19th therg this week , and 9th wizard this week too

oo but im sorry were not in with the select few elite ,to be honest seeing your attitude id rather not be. and i suppose that means were not allowed to post on a forum oo gee im sorry bring back hitler now k thnx

A

Asha

Originally posted by Vireb
black falcons have been around since early release had varying number of members during that time , 63 million rp ,
prodigy been around for just under 2 months now 12 million , 4th guild in albion for rp learnt last week

Which guild was #3 again… I can’t remember….. :p

Is there a point in there somewhere? Yeah, we’ve never gone over 35 or so active players and have had long spells where we had only 15 or so… and we still made more rps/week than guilds with 100+ members when we’re at 50 including many bots and second and third accounts (not me :p ) . Was there something we were supposed to be ashamed of in that?

oo but im sorry were not in with the select few elite ,to be honest seeing your attitude id rather not be. and i suppose that means were not allowed to post on a forum oo gee im sorry bring back hitler now k thnx

For someone that isn’t trying to be elite, you sure looked up a lot of silly stats to quote.

V

Vireb

Which guild was #3 again… I can’t remember….. :p

Is there a point in there somewhere? Yeah, we’ve never gone over 35 or so active players and have had long spells where we had only 15 or so… and we still made more rps/week than guilds with 100+ members when we’re at 50 including many bots and second and third accounts (not me :p ) . Was there something we were supposed to be ashamed of in that?

For someone that isn’t trying to be elite, you sure looked up a lot of silly stats to quote. [/B]
number one wasnt talking to you was replying to chuffys childish thread that oo because were not uber rvr farmin guildwe have no right to post so please dont twist what i say hun :) now crawl back under your bridge . troll

A

Asha

yeah but I'm a leet troll, you're just a wannabe troll

no 14 cleric!!!!!!!11111

that sucks :/
Im holding bf back.

C

Conchabar

rofl 2h paladins sux

2h pally = fr33 rp wh00t !!111!!1111

:lol: @ t3h 1d34 0f 2h p4llyz

P

parlain

Originally posted by Vireb
okies last comment .

prodigy been around for just under 2 months now 12 million , 4th guild in albion for rp learnt last week , 3 of the top 20 friars last week , cleric whos number 5 rp earner, 3rd merc, 4th & 9th minstrel, 4th and 9th paladins, highest reaver, 3rd scout, 11th 14th and 16th sorc, 4th , 5th , 6th , 15th 16th 17th and 19th therg this week , and 9th wizard this week too

FC have been around 12 months, made 100million rp's, were 1st in Albion for rp earnt last week, have the no.1 friar last week and highest Friar in the world, no.1 cleric as well as no.4, 10, 13 and 17, no.1 and 2 Merc, no.1 Minstrel as well as 15 and 19, no 2 paladin, no.3 reaver, no.1, 7 and 9 scout, no.1,2 and 5 sorceror and no.4 and 5 wizard; we have 9 of the highest 25 players earning RP's last week; TP have none

Do I get to post?

Leave RP's out of this :sleeping:

Sidenote: RP's do not, have not and never will constitute a pure indication of skill, teamwork or just plain fun-to-play-with-ness; neither does it have anthing to do with validity of ideas; it represents how many elphs you managed to tickle last week, including RR9 ones that felt lonely at htk's ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread