Football 2022/2023 Season Football Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I do actually find it sad. I have no bone with the Everton board, not an Everton fan, but the days of "small" family owners is long gone. For Everton to keep up with the big boys (top half of the table) then they have to spend, and spend well.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Nice bloke as well Bill Kenwright, lives round the corner from me and I've bumped into him a couple of times at the Theatre he runs.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What a mess at Everton. They kept Lampard in place for far too long, wasted an entire transfer window and now they've been knocked back by their #1 target (Bielsa), who didn't like the look of the squad with regards to how he'd want to have them playing. Now they're apparently looking at Hasenhuttl and if there's one available manager who doesn't exactly scream "save our season" confidence it's him.

On top of that, Danjuma, who did literally everything apart from sign on the dotted line (medical done, all media done including him saying he was determined to help Everton stay up, he met the players etc) has been taken from under their noses by Tottenham and on top of *that*, Gordon and Onana didn't show up for training today and both might be on their way out. The jury's still out on Gordon but Onana looks decent.

So, how's things, @Gray?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Definitely the wrong time to get rid of him. Should have happened in early December.

However, the rot is at the top, not the manager, they have just spent vast amounts of money on mediocrity.

FM talk, goes to show why you need a decent scouting system running.

Gray

FH is my second home
I was half hoping the forum was going to stay offline for another week.

The board have Royally fucked up, it sounds completely underhanded the way they got rid of Lampard - ie. By telephone? But then someone (Obviously had to be boardroom level) leaked that Lampard was sacked in the early morning but it wasn't "Official" until evening. Moshiri going to the West Ham game and running out at full time saying "he doesn't make the decisions". That made me wonder if Usmanov is still secretly pulling strings.

I didn't really think it could get any worse before the new manager come in, but from today - Fuck me sideways. I know this happened years ago with Sissoko and Tottenham, but he come out recently saying that actually things where never that progressed and he wasn't in Merseyside, but this time the fucking guy was literally right there on the dotted line. Tottenham really do want to rip the team apart since they've got tabs on numbers of our players - could that be their plan? Stick the guy on the bench, leave us up the shitter and then get players cut price next season?

Gordon I am not too arsed about, Richarlison was the hero last season. We should have kept him at all costs and sacked off Gordon to Chelsea. The Onana story hurts though, he was really on-side with the fans and everyone loves him. I just hope it was some sort of protest against the Board, but I hope he doesn't throw sulks as we really need him

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I actually think you got rid of Richarlison at the right time, decent money.

However, where has that decent money gone?

Kind of reminds me of Tottenham with their Bale money, where did that go? Erikson was about all they got out of it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I was half hoping the forum was going to stay offline for another week.

The board have Royally fucked up, it sounds completely underhanded the way they got rid of Lampard - ie. By telephone? But then someone (Obviously had to be boardroom level) leaked that Lampard was sacked in the early morning but it wasn't "Official" until evening. Moshiri going to the West Ham game and running out at full time saying "he doesn't make the decisions". That made me wonder if Usmanov is still secretly pulling strings.

I didn't really think it could get any worse before the new manager come in, but from today - Fuck me sideways. I know this happened years ago with Sissoko and Tottenham, but he come out recently saying that actually things where never that progressed and he wasn't in Merseyside, but this time the fucking guy was literally right there on the dotted line. Tottenham really do want to rip the team apart since they've got tabs on numbers of our players - could that be their plan? Stick the guy on the bench, leave us up the shitter and then get players cut price next season?

Gordon I am not too arsed about, Richarlison was the hero last season. We should have kept him at all costs and sacked off Gordon to Chelsea. The Onana story hurts though, he was really on-side with the fans and everyone loves him. I just hope it was some sort of protest against the Board, but I hope he doesn't throw sulks as we really need him

Even if it stayed offline for another week it wouldn't of helped, Everton would still find a way to cause themselves issues imo.

Gray

FH is my second home
Everton up for sale now, Moshiri wants out for £500m

:ROFLMAO:

I don't know how impacted we are by FFP, but I don't know why I would even try thinking about it now considering the fact while Moshiri is head, he's not going to want to put any of his own personal share into it now. This transfer window is probably beyond saving.

I suppose with Richarlison's money though, we've spaffed it once more on shite. Maupay, Garner, McNeil. Garner hasn't been given a fair crack yet, but obviously as soon as he was bought he gets crocked so...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Isn't the stadium costing like £800m? How's that going to work?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
kWhypJa.jpeg

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
What a mess at Everton. They kept Lampard in place for far too long, wasted an entire transfer window and now they've been knocked back by their #1 target (Bielsa), who didn't like the look of the squad with regards to how he'd want to have them playing. Now they're apparently looking at Hasenhuttl and if there's one available manager who doesn't exactly scream "save our season" confidence it's him.

On top of that, Danjuma, who did literally everything apart from sign on the dotted line (medical done, all media done including him saying he was determined to help Everton stay up, he met the players etc) has been taken from under their noses by Tottenham and on top of *that*, Gordon and Onana didn't show up for training today and both might be on their way out. The jury's still out on Gordon but Onana looks decent.

So, how's things, @Gray?
You never know about Ralph. Remember he had us top of the league. We were either great or awful under him, no in between, so if he can get Everton on one of his runs... You never know.

georgie

FH is my second home
You never know about Ralph. Remember he had us top of the league. We were either great or awful under him, no in between, so if he can get Everton on one of his runs... You never know.
Yeah, but this is Everton, it'll be awful. :p

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Dyche is still the obvious choice, so obviously sexy appointment FC will not hire him.

Gray

FH is my second home
Sean Dyche expected to be announced. I'm okay with that I think, I think i did want him just before Benitez came in if memory serves.

There's still that little glimmer of hope. But the only issue is he won't have any time in the transfer market with a few days left

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Sean Dyche expected to be announced. I'm okay with that I think, I think i did want him just before Benitez came in if memory serves.

There's still that little glimmer of hope. But the only issue is he won't have any time in the transfer market with a few days left

I think your squad is already quite suited to Dycheball. Good news for Everton i'd say. Bad news for us.

Gray

FH is my second home
Yes, we do have a team suited to him.

All the teams here can still do what they can to get out though, it wouldn't surprise me one jot if we end up getting something out of the arsenal game as well.

I seen Ancellotti might have been interested in coming back to us... Davide I mean though, Don Carlos son. He was young but he greatly impressed in coaching when he was here, he could have been another Arteta in the wings

Embattle

FH is my second home
I laughed when the Sky Sports deadline day bloke said Chelsea have spent more on recent transfers (£600+ million) than all the other European league clubs combined over the same period.

Gray

FH is my second home
I hope the Everton board have the full confidence of the team we have and hope Dyche can pull some results out of them considering they've not brought in a single person.

While it's good we're not buying for the sake of buying, not even any loans is a strange one.

I still think the core of the team we have is good enough for the league, but this probably won't pull away the rabids from hating on the board

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I laughed when the Sky Sports deadline day bloke said Chelsea have spent more on recent transfers (£600+ million) than all the other European league clubs combined over the same period.
You've spent more in January than Brentford have in their entire history.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That sort of investment and they should be winning the league...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I read somewhere that Bundesliga spending is around 550m euros this year, so i doubt this. Still insane spending though.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I read somewhere that Bundesliga spending is around 550m euros this year, so i doubt this. Still insane spending though.
Stat I saw is Chelsea spending more than rest of leagues in this window. Even compared to previous Jan windows this one has been nuts

Ormorof

FH is my second home
o_O has he trained at all since he was dropped? Maybe some rando team in lower/obscure division will play him but will major teams touch him?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Don't see why he won't go straight back into the United team now the charges are dropped.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Don't see why he won't go straight back into the United team now the charges are dropped.
Just like Michael Jackson had no reputational issues after being found not guilty? :D

Charges or not would be bold to bring him in after dropping him so hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom