Football 2022/2023 Season Football Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

just put all games on tv, how about that?

I personally like the American model, if ticket sales are less than x%, game doesn't get on tv. Why shouldn't they put every United, Liverpool game etc on tv when it's basically impossible to get a ticket as the grounds are full of tourists?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

just put all games on tv, how about that?

I personally like the American model, if ticket sales are less than x%, game doesn't get on tv. Why shouldn't they put every United, Liverpool game etc on tv when it's basically impossible to get a ticket as the grounds are full of tourists?
"On the cheap"

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Whilst I don't think questions like this should be on the manager to answer neccesarily (unless it was his idea/decision), "well everyone else does it as well" is such a bullshit answer, especially given:

"Forest recently extended an agreement with energy company E.on to "raise awareness of the climate crisis" and "seek to play their part in a greener and more sustainable energy future"."

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
@Aoami... Saints suddenly look... less... shit? I've never seen Djenepo do anything as good as that 2nd goal.

Embattle

FH is my second home
No doubt some punishment incoming, since we all know no matter the club or the warnings some supporters won't be able to help themselves:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Shouting abuse at people is not a thought crime.
No. Government defining more and more things that people aren't allowed to say is the very definition. I'm uncomfortable with "hate crime" as a concept due to slippery-slopism.

Of course, it's crap those songs get sung...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
BTW - what were the actual words to the song?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The punchline of the chant, or joke, is then meant to be that Chelsea players (and the cub’s male fans) sell themselves for sex with other men

So thought crime then.

"They don't mean anything by it" is dismissed - even though it's true. It's a joke. It's not a nice joke - and some people get upset by it. But it's still a joke.

Now, I'm relatively ambivalent on to whether it's banned or not. But it's still 100% a thought-crime. We're not allowed to make that joke - even if we don't mean it with malice - because an authority has decided that we're not allowed to do so.

Now, you may agree with the authority on this. But at some point the authority will make something you like doing a thought crime - even if you don't mean any malice by it, just because someone else might get upset, or worse, that they don't like it politically.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Finland - Estonia friendly is on TV, oddly enough its in Portugal, attendance looks like its about 30 people and a small dog

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Chelsea couldn't get any more mid-table if they tried, 10 points off CL, 10 points clear of relegation, 10th, 0 goal difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom