Football 2022/2023 Season Football Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Everton’s Board of Directors have been instructed not to attend today’s Premier League fixture against Southampton because of a “real and credible threat to their safety and security".

Chairman Bill Kenwright, CEO Denise Barrett-Baxendale, Chief Finance & Strategy Officer Grant Ingles and Non-Executive Director Graeme Sharp have reluctantly accepted the outcome of the safety assessment carried out by security advisors.

The Board members received the instruction following malicious and unacceptably threatening correspondence received by the Club and increasing incidents of anti-social behaviour – including targeted physical aggression - at recent home matches.

A Security & Safety Advisor said: “Following a thorough risk assessment, and in response to tangible threats received by the Club and intelligence we have gathered, the Club’s Board members have been told they must not attend today’s fixture.”

A Club spokesperson added: “This is an unprecedented decision for Everton Football Club – never before has our entire Board of Directors been ordered not to attend a match on safety grounds. It is a profoundly sad day for Everton and Evertonians.”

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Sounds like a decent game at OT, had it on the radio. Glad to see an oil club in the mud.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Just seen Fernandes' goal. I know it's legally a goal and VAR got it right, but christ that law needs looking at.

Gray

FH is my second home
Doesn't seem good for the Board, it has been snowballing quite progressively but if some morons are sending dodgy communications, that will probably just make them more hardened to stay. Luckily it's not impacted the on-field stuff, again we've not been the best and there's another 45 minutes to go, but it's post-45 minutes I am interested in...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Massive win if we hold on. JWP is so laughably out of form but he's still banging in free kicks.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Wasn't pretty but what a massive win that could be for Southampton. Liverpool (the whole city) in the mud.

Gray

FH is my second home
Lampard can't stay after that.

But could Moshiri do a huge "fuck you all" and make absolutely no changes

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lampard should have been gone 12 months ago tbh.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It says something that even Chelsea fans are aghast at that. Boehly has no idea what he's doing, just throwing money around to show everyone how rich he is or something. I refuse to believe Potter is on board with this transfer "strategy".

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It must be done, otherwise they'd look pretty bloody silly tweeting this...

Gray

FH is my second home
I think i remember last season mentioning how things got so desperate that a couple of morons in the AM of an important match set off a truck load of fireworks against our opponents, maybe it was Crystal Palace.

Looks like they did the same last night, except it backfired amazingly. So maybe the idiots will learn their lesson.

Seems post-match today though it got a bit ugly for some of the players leaving the match, crowding their cars. Twitter rife with various clips.

Embattle

FH is my second home
See that spurs fan try and kick Ramsdale at the end, then run away up to the exit.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Spreading the cost over lifetime of contract?
Yup, the cost of the player is amortised over the length of the contract. The obvious downsides are not only that it cuts their FFP "allowance" back for years but they'll have all those players locked into very long, expensive contracts.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He is unproven too, and not exactly a stand out, based on stats.

Also, Chelsea aren't exactly known for getting the best out of forwards, not since Drogba.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
He is unproven too, and not exactly a stand out, based on stats.

Also, Chelsea aren't exactly known for getting the best out of forwards, not since Drogba.
Arsenal were looking at him as a rotation option and Chelsea have gone and done this lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom