Football 2022/2023 Season Football Thread

Embattle

FH is my second home
The players aren't going anywhere though so the money hasn't been blown, plus it sounds like it had already been decided before last night's game.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The players aren't going anywhere though so the money hasn't been blown, plus it sounds like it had already been decided before last night's game.
Maybe not but you know what managers are like for wanting to get "their" kind of players in. I hope they don't go for Potter mind, I'm enjoying seeing how well he's doing now, it really feels like a culmination of years work at Brighton for him.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I would hope he turns them down. What would people expect from the Chelsea job? It's hardly a lifetime job. He could spend 18 months there, get fired, then what? Hmm...England job?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I would hope he turns them down. What would people expect from the Chelsea job? It's hardly a lifetime job. He could spend 18 months there, get fired, then what? Hmm...England job?
It'd be another few mill in the bank...

Embattle

FH is my second home
I still think TB had his eyes looking elsewhere for managers.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
rkb7fc19bim91.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I have said this many times. It needs to be binned.

It is all about opinions - about the referee's opinion, about the fourth official's opinion and about the opinion of whoever is watching...

It is taking the passion away from football because you don't know if you have scored or not - it is pointless.

You are spending all this money on VAR for things to still go wrong.

Discuss?

Nah then.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Again, and again, and again, no thanks.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fair point @caLLous - I'll concede that. (See?) :)

However, it becomes reasonable to set a timeframe by which they make it work or scrap it, no?

It's not cost-neutral - in dollars or changing the nature of the game. We introduced it to solve a problem at a known cost. If it doesn't solve the problem then the game should no longer pay that cost.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm fairly sure there's also times where Shearer has criticised it and you posted that too.

Horse Beat Dead

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That second goal though.

Embattle

FH is my second home
England looking underwhelming again, don't think they'll do much in this year's world cup at this rate.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So once Southgate gets the sack for stinking out the place in winter world cup who will replace him?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If Southgate keeps starting Maguire, then I am done with Southgate's England.

Half the squad are awful, but he really shows how far form can drop and at the same time, show how little form matters to Southgate.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm assuming he doesn't pick Alexander-Arnold because: defending. (He's not shite, but he does get caught out). But his logic goes out of the window with Maguire.

England struggle to score, and are leaky anyway with Maguire. He needs a rethink.

But then, I thought he was a shit manager from the get-go. I believe the results we've had have been despite him, not because of him.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
How very depressing, and fundamentally unsporting:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwf6tudmzJs

Funnily enough, that is something we can blame on Brexit! It is a monumental ballache to sign foreign youngsters in FM now, because of work permits. This actually adds further to the English player premium price.

But as for the news story, it's not exactly anything new. Feeder clubs have always been a thing, as has shipping out youngsters to them, for various reasons.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Doesn't have to be new. It's just that it's going to be increasing consolidation of teams under single owners. Which is fundamentally shite.

Gray

FH is my second home
Well a good result for us yesterday again, even though we didn't play well at all. Southampton scoring seemed to have fired is up at least for 5 minutes which was enough to do the damage.

The rest of the games this month though are going to be a further challenge though, United, Newcastle, Tottenham Palace and Fulham. 6 games in 4 weeks, och...

The wheels have fallen off Liverpool too, if they keep up this they'll be hard pushed to make the Champions League again (unless, they do that horrific thing again........)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom