Football 2022/2023 Season Football Thread

Gray

FH is my second home
From what I've seen, the paperwork went in on Friday, but it wouldn't have been processed until the next working day...

But because of the bank holiday yesterday it meant today was the day, bloody typical haaa.

Well we looked second best again, what's more nothing to worry about now. We only have pissing Liverpool to contend with...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Taxi for Steeeeeeevie it seems. Bye then.

Marc

FH is my second home
How many premier league goals is Haaland going to finish with this season? 30? 40? Plus he gets a 5 week rest later in the season so will be fresh after the end of the world cup

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If he doesn't get injured too much, he will easily be deal of the decade.

As the yoots say, he is pure cheat codes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How many premier league goals is Haaland going to finish with this season? 30? 40? Plus he gets a 5 week rest later in the season so will be fresh after the end of the world cup
Hat-trick a week?

He's going to finish on 50 PL goals. :)

Wish Lollerpool went in for him 3 years ago when it was obvious he was a total monster.

Marc

FH is my second home
It’s not just his goal scoring that’s scary. Take his second goal last night. When he received the ball in the box, every other striker in the world would have turned and tried the shot but he had the vision to lay it off to Foden. Or against Newcastle when he pinged a ball from the outside of his right foot splitting 2 midfielders and finding debruyne. He is a cheat mode. As Raven said, deal of the century!

Gray

FH is my second home
Feel bitter about that match! So many chances for both teams, but that offside looks absolute bollocks.

Finalising the transfer window has eased me, keeping Gordon was important. I think the additional lack of strikers could be an issue.

Pickford is a God though

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Feel bitter about that match! So many chances for both teams, but that offside looks absolute bollocks.

Finalising the transfer window has eased me, keeping Gordon was important. I think the additional lack of strikers could be an issue.

Pickford is a God though
The Coady offside? There was only a foot or so in it...

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I am so done with football after today. Newcastle's goal being ruled out after Mitchell literally shoved Willock into Guaita is quite possibly the worst decision I have ever seen.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
"Lee Mason is the one to blame because it is an inexperienced referee," added Shearer. "At this level you have got to get that decision right, he has had no help from VAR. Far too many errors, VAR is not the problem, it is the people who are running it."

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
VAR is not the problem, it is the people who are running it."
Alan Shearer is a footballer, not some great intellect. VAR can never work because the decisions are still subjective, not objective.

So still: Same shit, different season.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Two wrong decisions, one weekend.

It's supposed to be cast-iron correct decisioning. But it never can be.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
At least the United - Arsenal var call was right. First time watching a game in a pub in many years, show up at the sports bar and its closed. They don't open until 12.30. Bar next door had the game on, so watched it there instead.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter

Two wrong decisions, one weekend.

It's supposed to be cast-iron correct decisioning. But it never can be.
"We have determined that we get 95% of VAR calls correct, and will endeavour to improve on the remaining 5% going forward. Michael Salisbury will continue to referee Premier League games and we have rewarded him with a 10 years contract."

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"We have determined that we get 95% of VAR calls correct
Quick googling shows me that - according to FIFA - referees got 95% of calls correct before VAR.

So lets have referees and fuck VAR off eh?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Quick googling shows me that - according to FIFA - referees got 95% of calls correct before VAR.

So lets have referees and fuck VAR off eh?
I think VAR could be good if it weren't for the clowns managing it. I don't think VAR is ever going anywhere at this point like.

Marc

FH is my second home
The Coady offside? There was only a foot or so in it...

Actually, if the ball comes off Milner, which it looks like it did, the goal should have stood as a deliberate block from the defender results in the offside player (Coady) being played onside. Accidental blocks dont, but deliberate blocks do and thats what Milner was doing

Embattle

FH is my second home
Actually, if the ball comes off Milner, which it looks like it did, the goal should have stood as a deliberate block from the defender results in the offside player (Coady) being played onside. Accidental blocks dont, but deliberate blocks do and thats what Milner was doing

Which is the refs judgement to make.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The proof will be in the real pudding, when they play outside the weak French league:

They'll still shit themselves in the Champions League as usual. The pressure of it being the thing they must win, it being a cup competition and the league being such a cakewalk pretty much convinces me they'll never win it.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Tuchel got the boot, wonder who they will be able to replace him with

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Blimey they're not messing around. I guess some Abramovich traits are carrying over.

Edit - ugh they're going to go for Potter aren't they. Tearing a fantastic manager/club combo apart by throwing money at it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think there was a sense it was coming, there was just something going really wrong.

I said to my dad the other week I reckon Potter would be a great choice.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Something must have happened in the way they were running it vs how it's being run now. I don't think everyone just becomes shit overnight. Unless losing the defence had that much of an impact?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think there was a sense it was coming, there was just something going really wrong.

I said to my dad the other week I reckon Potter would be a great choice.

You don't blow that sort of money and blame Stagecoach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom