Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Good point for Leeds. Hard to see them being dragged into it imo now. Burnley can't keep winning forever (unless they channel Leicetser and turn it round so dramatically that they win the league next year) and Everton are fucking hopeless.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Good match, that. Leeds didn't look very threatening but Zaha had one of his better games and Olise always looks quality.

Anyway, United are doomed. Ten Hag hasn't even turned up yet and the players are already leaking doubts about him. The sooner they have a total clear out, the better.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Again it goes back to what I said many years ago, spending money in the PL is easy but you still require the talent to make that money work for the club.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A sad loss the prem, a fantastic player. I wasn't sure about him at first.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Again it goes back to what I said many years ago, spending money in the PL is easy but you still require the talent to make that money work for the club.

Ive seen some posts on the internet regarding Liverpool vs Everton net spend since 2016, and it is both frightening how much Everton have spent and how "little" Liverpool have spent.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

"My Lampard antipathy is rooted in the fact that this was a job that he ought never to have been given and was not qualified in any way to do and was only given because he’s Frank Lampard, ex-top footballer. Same goes for the Chelsea job. While that sort of over-promotion of someone because they’re a famous name is less common in football now than it once was, the fact it still happens needs calling out."

" What has Lampard actually done for the club? Taken them from 16th to 18th, that’s what. "

Fuck me, inject this article into my veins

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
In Lampard's (slight) defence, previous Everton managers have spent obscene money on bang average players, and he has to work with what he has got. I can't even understand where the money went. Realistically, not a single squad member is worth more than 5-10 mil "we might as well buy a backup player" sort of territory.

I dunno, Russian money, London Laundrette and all that.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I don't agree with that. They brought players in - but he decided those players should be Dele Alli (lol), Donny Van de Beek (lol) and Anwar el Ghazi (???).

If you look at some of Evertons signings pre-Lampard... Allan was talked about as being one of the best players in Serie A at the time, and one of the best midfielders in Europe, Barcelona bid 100m euros for Richarlison in 2020, Yerry Mina signed from Barca off the back of a brilliant World Cup for Columbia, Calvert-Lewin was superb last year, Demerai Gray is a great talent. There are good players at Everton. This is much of the same team that a real manager (Ancelotti) had 4th in the league for quite a while not long ago.

Gray

FH is my second home
What's more infuriating is the fact we've spent tens of millions on past-their-sell by date players.

Iwobi, Delph, Deli... We should have called the police on being robbed blind by those who sold them to us and the price tags quoted.

Gbamin, Tosun - Gbamin was quite unlucky as he was injured almost immediately but he brought a big price tag with him. Tosun never settled with the team, but he refused to budge on his wages so no club (Even Besiktas "his club") would sign him as he was on such good wages so he was happy sitting on the sidelines.

Sigs did okay, but again we paid about 20 million more than we should have and the way his career ended meant there was no resale value in him anyway.

The club seen pound signs in their eyes, but sadly every other club did as well and took massive advantage of that, but what's more so did the players.

We do have a very good core, not worthy of Championship levels, but sadly others pull us right down and is finally caught up to us.

This is a mess Lampard had inherited, much like Benitez. Both hadn't so far had a crack on putting their stamp on the team, but again some of Lampard tactics and selections are frustrating... Said the same about benitez.

Gray

FH is my second home
On reflection though, while we have been leaking wages left and right I think what has happened this season probably is the cause of Ancelotti.

He left us so suddenly and so out of the blue that it left the club from top to bottom completely shell shocked. There was the farce of finding a new manager leading to Benitez, but that took a few weeks to resolve by which time we where late into the transfer market.

We would have been more than stable if Ancelotti hadn't upped sticks. We didn't finish the season well last year but we would have absolutely strengthened through preseason and beyond.

His appointment was both a blessing and a curse.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes, but

Everton Net spend of 275 mil in the last 5 seasons. On whom exactly? 3rd highest net spend in the entire Premier League. If something fishy isn't going on, then colour me surprised.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
How are Real Madrid so terribad?

Edit, having said that...they are still bad, but they have Benzima.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Liverpool have spent incredibly well, its so annoying.
And they're so fucking competent when it comes to leaks and stuff as well. A couple of hours ago a story broke that they were in advanced talks for Klopp to extend his contract and it's just been announced. If you hear a story about Liverpool looking at a player, it seems like 9 times out of 10 it's already done.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
FRdK0ETWQAAhdJu

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And they're so fucking competent when it comes to leaks and stuff as well. A couple of hours ago a story broke that they were in advanced talks for Klopp to extend his contract and it's just been announced. If you hear a story about Liverpool looking at a player, it seems like 9 times out of 10 it's already done.
At least you'll always be able to level the accusation that we're living in the past ;)

Gray

FH is my second home
Been checking the scores since 3pm, I think I sighed when I seen it go to 1-1 before something completely inaudible popped out when it refreshed a few minutes later.

Why couldn't we get this honeymoon period when Lamps took over...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
hate that sniveling cunt so much
The guy went out of his way earlier in the coverage to point out when he was praising the club that he was only praising the players, manager and support staff - NOT the ownership regime.

So the impression given by the twitter post above (which ends abruptly) is disingenuous at best - but likely total lying shithousery.

And that, my friends, is why I'm not on any social media.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The guy went out of his way earlier in the coverage to point out when he was praising the club that he was only praising the players, manager and support staff - NOT the ownership regime.

So the impression given by the twitter post above (which ends abruptly) is disingenuous at best - but likely total lying shithousery.

And that, my friends, is why I'm not on any social media.

OK. But he was talking about "when the club is run this well". Regardless, there are loads of reasons i hate that sniveling little cunt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
OK. But he was talking about "when the club is run this well".
In the context of manager, playing staff, yadda yadda.

I think he's alreet. Hard to feel strongly about him.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So now he has backtracked, but it makes no sense.
It seems you are hard of learning.

Let me explain:

And:
In the context of manager, playing staff, yadda yadda.

So, not to quote myself and to be very explicit - because maybe your woeful lack of understanding isn't an inability to read but a failing on my part:

Jake Humphries very very clearly made the point early in the coverage that any praise of Newcastle started and ended with playing, coaching and operational staff and very much not the ownership situation.

Then this wanky twitter story for retards surfaces, you get told, twice, what the real context of the story actually was, Then Jake Humphries himself comes out and reiterates his position - that he stated very early on in broadcast just so he was extra clear - and gets accused of "backtracking".

Turns out this is my failing. I'll cop for it. My bad.

It's my failure to recognise anything you go to the trouble of writing down in the soccer thread (maybe wider) in FH is to be roundly ignored and largely meaningless as people are gonna hate whoever they're gonna hate, and there ain't no rhyme nor reason that is ever gonna change that.

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom