Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh boo hoo. They're not winning everything all the time.

As this is just about money, then fuck 'em.

But it's not as bad as everyone's painting. Fucking micah richards saying they're ten years off the top? Lollerpool were in the doldrums for fucking ages and despite a net spend of not actually very much we're punching hard on every front at the moment with a transformed team in not that long a space of time.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Oh boo hoo. They're not winning everything all the time.

As this is just about money, then fuck 'em.

But it's not as bad as everyone's painting. Fucking micah richards saying they're ten years off the top? Lollerpool were in the doldrums for fucking ages and despite a net spend of not actually very much we're punching hard on every front at the moment with a transformed team in not that long a space of time.

It is as bad as everyone's painting given how much they've spent imo. 15 points more than Saints and our net spend in the entire history of the premier league is less than 1/4 of a Harry Maguire.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Burnley are lucky we're shit. Should've been 3 up before they scored there.

Gray

FH is my second home
I think Burnley winning yesterday is going to put pressure back on us against Liverpool, this will have been the most important derby for both teams in decades and while a loss may have been inevitable we could have lucked out...

Chances are good we're going to get mullered

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I really don't want to like the paddypower stuff as I'm strongly against betting advertising in sport and I hate the "we're your mate actually" kind of stuff... But they do do some good skits.

Gray

FH is my second home
Result was to be expected today, but by shit Burnley are catching form at the wrong moment now.

Leeds have just as difficult a run in as us, they could be the unlucky contenders. Watford and Norwich have no way back now i think...

Not good to be in the bottom 3 though with City and Chelsea on the horizon!

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well least you'll be the biggest team in the league, the problem being it'll be in the championship :p

Least you've got a good chance of a win against us, even with our win yesterday.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Result was to be expected today, but by shit Burnley are catching form at the wrong moment now.

Leeds have just as difficult a run in as us, they could be the unlucky contenders. Watford and Norwich have no way back now i think...

Not good to be in the bottom 3 though with City and Chelsea on the horizon!
Your problem was getting Lampard in as manager. I just couldn't figure out that thinking. He must have interviewed really well because there's no other reason I can think of.

As for Leeds, I think we *should* be ok and the rest will of helped the players.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Your problem was getting Lampard in as manager. I just couldn't figure out that thinking. He must have interviewed really well because there's no other reason I can think of.

As for Leeds, I think we *should* be ok and the rest will of helped the players.

I don't think you can really put it on Lampard, I mean they had been on a downward trajectory for a while.

Trem

I don't think you can really put it on Lampard, I mean they had been on a downward trajectory for a while.
They needed an experienced manager who knows how to fight. I'm completely putting it on Lampard/the board. Pulis managed it at Palace. I just don't think the players are respectful of Lampard, they don't fear him.

Selling Digne was a clusterfuck as well.

Embattle

FH is my second home
They needed an experienced manager who knows how to fight. I'm completely putting it on Lampard/the board. Pulis managed it at Palace. I just don't think the players are respectful of Lampard, they don't fear him.

Selling Digne was a clusterfuck as well.

You mean like Benitez?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Benitez looked completely past it at Everton. Football has moved on. He hasn't done anything since winning the Europa League with a very good Chelsea side 10 years ago.

Also, don't forget that last time he was in a relegation battle, the team went down lol.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm not dismissing the fact Lampard isn't the best choice for a team that was heading in Everton's direction but neither am I stupid enough to blame him solely since as has been proven before his term Everton are just shit due to overspending on crap players. Nothing is going to keep them up other than the players doing better and perhaps trying and convince Richarlison to stay upright.

Embattle

FH is my second home
BTW In an ironic twist after Chelsea I always thought a Championship team would of been a better place for him to go to.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm not dismissing the fact Lampard isn't the best choice for a team that was heading in Everton's direction but neither am I stupid enough to blame him solely since as has been proven before his term Everton are just shit due to overspending on crap players. Nothing is going to keep them up other than the players doing better and perhaps trying and convince Richarlison to stay upright.

It's not stupid at all. How do you account for the shit job he did at Chelsea as well? Were they overspending on crap players? Or did they improve the instant Tuchel took over?

Look at what the king of pop has done at Burnley. No managerial experience and has a crap team. He has turned it around straight away after replacing a manager who had been there for 10 years and probably had been overperforming for the majority of that time.

Edit - Also, Eddie Howe at Newcastle is on for manager of the year. Yes they brought in a few players, but the improvement from Bruce with still the same core is night and day.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Lampard was not the right man for Everton. Thrown in at the deepend with a disfunctional squad.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Lampard wouldn't be the right man to manage my nephew's under 5s. Not a clue what he is doing.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

I am not alone anymore!!! I luvz you Tremz0r!!!!

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeah frigging hell, I thought Trem supported Stoke City or something, you know being a local lad. Is this what's in store for relegation fodder, having to change allegiances to clubs hundred of miles away?

If so woop! Up the Arse!
1650911920269.png

Trem

Yeah frigging hell, I thought Trem supported Stoke City or something, you know being a local lad. Is this what's in store for relegation fodder, having to change allegiances to clubs hundred of miles away?

If so woop! Up the Arse!
View attachment 46086
I have supported Leeds forever Gray, Stoke smells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom