Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
City just completely switched off, in cruise mode, then it was too late. Should be an excellent final, but I can't see RM beating Liverpool, but who knows. Ref was awful last night and should have handed out at least 1 yellow early on, he seemed to change his style in the final 20-30 minutes. Casemiro should have had at least 1 yellow and perhaps even 2.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Wonder if they will go in hard on Salah again, was a disgrace last time tbh

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Madrid should beat Liverpool, just seems written in the stars. It would be pretty funny if Liverpool finish the season with only a milk cup to their name.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Madrid should beat Liverpool, just seems written in the stars. It would be pretty funny if Liverpool finish the season with only a milk cup to their name.

I would love it if Madrid won. It'd be great for us over here but for some reason on paper I don't see Liverpool losing. They just seem stronger in every single area compared to Madrid.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I would love it if Madrid won. It'd be great for us over here but for some reason on paper I don't see Liverpool losing. They just seem stronger in every single area compared to Madrid.

So did City though. Chelsea less so, but I was still a bit surprised to see Madrid beat them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think it's Madrid's too tbh. But flip a coin - it's like that in finals anyway. You only have to look at 2005 (we were worse but won), 2007 (we were better but lost).

But whether we win anything else or not doesn't really bother me. The important thing is that we're really entertaining to watch (that's always number 1) and the fact that it's 5th May and we're going to be playing in every single game it's possible to play in in a season tells me all I need to know.

If we win, bonus. If we don't I'll think it's been an amazing season - 'cause it has. But YMMV depending on who you support :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lets face it. Fans are a meaningless part of the conversation as long as they continue to spend their money bent over in any way clubs, TV and "organisations" see fit.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Nothing can be worse than the sheer disdain constantly shown to fans by UEFA. It's never going to be great, but those guys are fucking tyrants.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It would have made more sense for the fans to back the Super League to put force the governing bodies to reform, but obviously not support it actually happening.

But people too dumb dumb for such a bluff.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Money comes first for all top flight clubs and all league and footballing bodies. How it is presented to the fans isn't all that different. Both UEFA and FIFA are bent, pretty much openly.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Agreed, but I think they're so bent it's hard to see a new body, i.e. a Super League run by the clubs, being as bent as they are.

And finally someone took a run at them and all the idiot fans came out with "hurr durr muh integrity" which was massively ironic. What's the first thing UEFA did after fending off the super league? Turn the champions league into a pseudo super league. Next on the list is getting rid of two legged semi finals which would be the most retarded decision ever. Another thing that would be terrible for fans.

Why sports governance bodies are allowed to be for profit orgs I'll never understand.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A super league that by design excludes most clubs?

If people can't see what is self-evidently hugely wrong with that there's no point in discussion.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
A super league that by design excludes most clubs?

If people can't see what is self-evidently hugely wrong with that there's no point in discussion.

I'm interested to know why you think it's hugely wrong. As a fan of a team who would be "excluded", I have no qualms with it. There are 15-20 clubs in Europe who operate on another level from everyone else. Everyone else is excluded already, just unofficially. I think fans of big clubs don't like to think that this is the reality, because they don't want to think that their clubs are part of it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We missed out on auto promotion based not only on goal difference but goals scored, Bristol Rovers absolutely walloping Scunthorpe.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
We missed out on auto promotion based not only on goal difference but goals scored, Bristol Rovers absolutely walloping Scunthorpe.
Hah just came here to post "Poor Northampton"

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well on the plus side, there might be a play off final at Wembley to go to.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
The downside of it all is we will probably start hearing more from Joey Barton again

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Personally, my ideal outcome is he goes to City and is fucking shite, and spreads his moaning "I'm amazing, but I'm just not showing it" piss poor attitude amongst the squad.

Something needs to take city down a bit. They're just too fucking good :(

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Personally, my ideal outcome is he goes to City and is fucking shite, and spreads his moaning "I'm amazing, but I'm just not showing it" piss poor attitude amongst the squad.

Something needs to take city down a bit. They're just too fucking good :(

It's like United offloading Silvestre to Arsenal. Strategically, a genius move. United got better. Arsenal got worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom