Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
So who is standing on the sidelines having a pop at Eddie Howe and his staff? You can call me an idiot all you like but unless you can answer that question then you just look a bit stupid really.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I also don't understand why you feel the need to defend a man, who whilst I couldn't say is universally disliked, is certainly unpopular, for making a comment that looked so bad that he has had to come out and clarify it after it was picked up by various press outlets. And also being abusive to people whilst doing it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
One more thing on it lol, his "clarity" still makes no sense.

"As always with this club, there are people stood on the sidelines ready to snipe and have a bit of a pop"

The "snipes" and "pops" have been directed at:

The Premier League for letting KSA pass the fit and proper owner test.

The ownership themselves for the sportswashing job they're doing.

Eddie Howe took a bit of criticism from some journos when he first took the job for refusing to answer questions about the ownership, this criticism was entirely justified in my opinion.

"But at the moment, the way they're running it, it's proving difficult isn't it".

If the "they" he is referring to is Eddie Howe and his staff like he claims in his clarifying post, then this makes no sense.

People are criticising the fact that a dodgy as fuck Country have been allowed to buy a Prem club (again), not sniping or having a pop at Howe, the players or fans. As I said, Howe got a bit at the start, but that has gone. The players and fans didn't have any choice in this and are completely innocent. Some of the gloating winds me up a bit mind.

So who exactly is he defending? If it's just a throwaway comment that's being overanalysed then it just shows what an idiot he is.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If it's just a throwaway comment that's being overanalysed then it just shows what an idiot he is.
I think it is tbh, I think he got caught up in the atmosphere in the stadium and just blurted it out and then made an even bigger fool of himself by trying to explain it later.

He might well have been talking about how well Howe has done after just interviewing him but nobody is having a pop at Howe or anything to do with the football side of things. The sniping from the sidelines or whatever comment can only have been directed at people criticising the ownership.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I think it is as well, and stick by my original comment that he is a cunt.

References:

The fucking stupid tone deaf comments during a conversation with Rio after his wife had just died.

The fucking stupid tone deaf comments when he complained about the free food at Old Trafford, which he then doubled down on and ended up deleting the original tweet because he was getting so much hate for it. Especially after it transpired he had been given a lovely looking steak and chips, also for free, soon after. (During a cost of living crisis with 100s of thousands relying on food banks).

The fucking stupid fucking smug comments he made about how surprising it was his stupid fucking smug podcast is doing. He said, and I quote (ish), "people warned me not to start this podcast, it was still so niche in 2020 (Twenty Twenty)."

Absolute newsround cunt

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And you can tell some of the pundits and ex-players he works with think he's a tosser as well. And when I say "you can tell"... Ginola literally called him a wanker live on air.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
And you can tell some of the pundits and ex-players he works with think he's a tosser as well. And when I say "you can tell"... Ginola literally called him a wanker live on air.

Hahaha can't believe I've never seen that

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To me, he isn't as irritating as Mark Pougacth.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I've mentioned here before how I think relegation could be disasterous for Everton. Good thread on it here.

View: https://twitter.com/mikeygow/status/1512596761210195970?t=MjPim3NWrjLhTWLRYHAuow&s=19

I honestly think they should just get rid of Lampard and get Big Sam in if (when) they don't get a result today. He was unpopular at Everton last time for his style but he turned the club around instantly and got them winning games. 7 unbeaten in a row when he took over I think.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Everton obviously now having their best game under Lampard haha

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Great performance by Everton. Chelsea were woeful though. They seem to be upping their game a bit against the bigger clubs. Mina coming back made a huge difference, a really good player. Pickford superb also. Dele Alli is fucking dreadful, what a shite signing.

Gray

FH is my second home
I absolutely love Mina especially as a character... Don't touch him as you'll regret it, but be prepared for a sly poke if you get too close.

That was a brilliant match at least from our perspective. Everything slotted into place. The only time I felt it turned sour was the last 10 minutes or so when Chelsea ended up with all the ball, and Dele making it incredibly harder on us.

Pickford is immense, we can't lose him under any circumstances whatever happens.

Gray

FH is my second home

View: https://twitter.com/tv2sport/status/1520778212854403072

The fans were great as well, they really got under Chelsea's skin what with the ball-hoarding. I see there was a similar tactic involved overnight with setting off fireworks outside the team hotel... Made famous by Liverpool a season or two ago if memory serves. Clearly it's a tactic which works!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That was phenomenal from Everton, the game survivals are made from.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fookin' 'ell, Villareal are two nil up. Liverpool have been atrocious (not to take away from Villareal who have been well on top since the first whistle).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Keita's been awful, and that spread to the whole team. (I've not liked him for a long time now, he's had his time but Klopp does show faith).

Now we can't even pass straight, which is kind of most of our game. And we're very negative.

Hopefully Hendo can turn it around and we can make an actual fist of it. If H2 is like this, we're done for.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Keita's been awful, and that spread to the whole team. (I've not liked him for a long time now, he's had his time but Klopp does show faith).

Now we can't even pass straight, which is kind of most of our game. And we're very negative.

Hopefully Hendo can turn it around and we can make an actual fist of it. If H2 is like this, we're done for.

He's like Sissoko except far more expensive and shitter. Not that Sissoko was shit but at least he allowed Xabi Alonso to shine.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Liverpool were straight up shit in the first half, that Diaz fella is obscene.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nuts second half. So Jekyll and Hyde.

I don't want to meet City, unless half their team gets crocked.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
He's like Sissoko except far more expensive and shitter. Not that Sissoko was shit but at least he allowed Xabi Alonso to shine.
He is nothing like Sissoko lol gunz. Sissoko was a ball winner and did fuck all else. Keita is a much more all-round player. If you wanted to say he was more expensive and shitter than someone, it would be Kante, who he is basically the poor mans version of. He has been a useful squad option for Liverpool and most prem sides would love to have him I bet. Obviously a few mistakes tonight tho.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
He is nothing like Sissoko lol gunz. Sissoko was a ball winner and did fuck all else. Keita is a much more all-round player. If you wanted to say he was more expensive and shitter than someone, it would be Kante, who he is basically the poor mans version of. He has been a useful squad option for Liverpool and most prem sides would love to have him I bet. Obviously a few mistakes tonight tho.

Sissoko was a ball winner but then again when you had Gerrard and Xabi alonso in the team at the time (I think it was them?) he wouldn't have been allowed to do much more than give it back to them and then resume his position. With Benitez being anal about tactics and formation I think he was given a role and made to stick to it.

I did at times wonder whether he could be unleashed the way Yaya Toure was where he was a 6 at Barcelona and then became a 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 all at the same time once he was allowed to do what he wanted at Man City.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Sissoko was a ball winner but then again when you had Gerrard and Xabi alonso in the team at the time (I think it was them?) he wouldn't have been allowed to do much more than give it back to them and then resume his position. With Benitez being anal about tactics and formation I think he was given a role and made to stick to it.

I did at times wonder whether he could be unleashed the way Yaya Toure was where he was a 6 at Barcelona and then became a 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 all at the same time once he was allowed to do what he wanted at Man City.

He played at the base of a midfield 3 wherever he went cos he was so limited.

Great game in Madrid, City absolutely bottling it again.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Now I think of it, while I'm so happy one of our teams has gone through, I think we would have a better final if City had won.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have mixed feelings on it. But Salah wants to put one over on Madrid, so that's enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom