Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
I mean, Pep didn't need to - but he's still spent over a billion...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
That's not the point. The post was about spending money well, not about how much has been spent. United have spent as much as City and achieved fuck all because it's been spent terribly.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's not the point. The post was about spending money well, not about how much has been spent. United have spent as much as City and achieved fuck all because it's been spent terribly.

Yeah but I think that is mostly down to the board, I am not going to pretend to have any idea about the inner workings at UTD but the only constant has been Woodward (gone now obvs) No manager has been allowed to put their mark on the team. That has to change.

They need to trust the new manager to get rid of the deadwood, at a loss in the most part. UTD are still a tempting prospect for players, though for the wrong reasons lately, big money.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
They need a manager who knows how to build a club. Mourinho is the only one they brought in who had done that before, and unsurprisingly, he is the only one who has brought them any success since Ferguson. This is why Ten Haag seems like a slightly odd choice to me.

Gray

FH is my second home
The team fought tooth and nail today, delighted with their commitment. The defence didn't put much of a foot wrong but in the times they slipped through Pickford really held his nerve.

The only one who disappointed was DCL, he didn't put in a great deal of effort and Maguire handled him without fail.

Leicester next, that will be a challenge but we're at home again I think.. after that Liverpool, so no worries...

Gray

FH is my second home
So I see Ronaldo has shown his petulant side again (also known as "his side") post match when walking to the tunnels he's slapped a mobile phone out of a fans hand smashing it (triple points for it apparently being a child as well, who has a bruise hand)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Seems reactionary to me. It's two bad games. As he points out, they have "the youngest squad in the league" and they're 3 points off a CL spot with a game in hand over Spurs. Arsenal haven't been in the CL for what, 7 years? And they've had much more experienced managers than Arteta in that spell. I do agree with him on a couple of points, they have a lot of quality out on loan that could help them at the moment. They didn't replace Auba, but they have Martinelli who has looked incredible at times, it's not just Laca & Nketiah. He keeps saying Arteta is out of his depth but this is the best Arsenal have looked in a long time imo.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Seems reactionary to me. It's two bad games. As he points out, they have "the youngest squad in the league" and they're 3 points off a CL spot with a game in hand over Spurs. Arsenal haven't been in the CL for what, 7 years? And they've had much more experienced managers than Arteta in that spell. I do agree with him on a couple of points, they have a lot of quality out on loan that could help them at the moment. They didn't replace Auba, but they have Martinelli who has looked incredible at times, it's not just Laca & Nketiah. He keeps saying Arteta is out of his depth but this is the best Arsenal have looked in a long time imo.

It's an ongoing thing, I have been watching some of his live streams over the season (no idea why, certainly not an arsenal fan)

Marc

FH is my second home
The team fought tooth and nail today, delighted with their commitment. The defence didn't put much of a foot wrong but in the times they slipped through Pickford really held his nerve.

The only one who disappointed was DCL, he didn't put in a great deal of effort and Maguire handled him without fail.

Leicester next, that will be a challenge but we're at home again I think.. after that Liverpool, so no worries...

I thought iwobi was absolutely quality. He put in the kind of display a team needs when they night to put up a fight.He was everywhere.

the only passenger was DCL. Everton played with 10 men until he went off

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He/Arsenal took a huge risk by going into the back end of the season with such a paper thin squad and, up until about a fortnight ago (basically before the end of international break) it looked like it was going to pay off. Since then he's lost the 2 first team players he probably has the least cover for - probably for the rest of the season - and yesterday he made a real mess of trying to cover for it. Losing Tierney after the break (after he played 2 full 90 minute friendlies for Scotland) was bad but Partey is an even bigger loss. On top of that he obviously doesn't have any faith in Tavares so he has to shoehorn a player into left back until Tomiyasu is fit (apparently after your match but who knows what kind of shape he'll be in after being out for so long - which is months ago when Arteta rushed him back from the previous injury) and he can put Cedric across to the left.

The chap in that video is right in that they deliberately weakened their squad in January to get wages off the books in order to line up for a top 4 finish and a shopping spree in the Summer. Arteta seems to do well under perfect conditions (ie when he has all his first choice players available) but as soon as there's a bump in the road he struggles. The consensus after their match against Palace was it was just a shit performance against a team who were all over them but yesterday was much more targetted at Arteta for getting it wrong trying to cover for Tierney and Partey. It's all a dreadful shame, it really is.

Please save your one big remaining performance for Arsenal next week. I think you have a decent record against them at home.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Arteta seems to do well under perfect conditions (ie when he has all his first choice players available) but as soon as there's a bump in the road he struggles.

Who doesn't? Even Pep & Klopp, whose sides are miles away from anyone else in the league, have had spells where they've struggled due to injuries the last couple of years. The Arsenal squad is nowhere near that level and I think a 4th place finish would be incredible for them, and 5th not bad. It will only look terrible if it's Spurs who get 4th, anyone else and I expect they'd look at it differently.

I accept the points about slightly weird man management but tend to just think that the managers know the players and squads a million times better than we do so obviously have their reasons.

Gray

FH is my second home
Norwich have handed us a massive favour there. I can't see them getting out of the bottom 3 obviously so taking the points of Burnley have given us a small amount of breathing space.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea been superb. I wonder why there has been so many big turn arounds in the CL the last few years.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Villareal through. Mental result in the other quarter final. Another Emery European masterclass. Bayern look stunned.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fantastic match. Chelsea can't say they didn't have chances in the 2nd half of extra time - eg the Havertz header and Jorginho's shot - but Rodrygo's goal was stunning (from a beautiful pass by Modric) and Benzema's just Benzema. Aging like a fine wine.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Fantastic match. Chelsea can't say they didn't have chances in the 2nd half of extra time - eg the Havertz header and Jorginho's shot - but Rodrygo's goal was stunning (from a beautiful pass by Modric) and Benzema's just Benzema. Aging like a fine wine.

Pulisic missed a couple as well.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Rudiger was an absolute beast too. It was a cracking performance from both teams.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I wouldn't care how much they won if I was an Atlei fan. Absolutely fucking dreadful to watch.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
West Ham 3 nil up and Barca 3 nil down on the night... whaaaaat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom