Fledgling Freddie
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.88b Release Notes
Vista and Animist Notes
February 22, 2007

===================================

WINDOWS VISTA NOTES

As part of our effort to make Dark Age of Camelot Vista compatible, we have added a folder in the User’s 'My Documents' folder to hold information that the user will be able to easily access. Screenshots and log files may be found in this new directory.

Documents and SettingsMy DocumentsElectronic ArtsDark Age of Camelot

For Vista the path is:

UsersMy DocumentsElectronic ArtsDark Age of Camelot

Dark Age of Camelot continues to use the following directory for game and character configuration files:

Documents and SettingsApplication DataElectronic ArtsDark Age of Camelot

For Vista the path is:

UsersAppDataRoamingElectronic ArtsDark Age of Camelot

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Players may no longer log out while affected by the PvP immunity timer received after zoning. Upon attempting to quit, players will receive the message: "You must wait for your PvP immunity to wear off before quitting". The usual logout time of 20 seconds will be added to the time remaining on the character's current PvP immunity. This change applies to all servers.

- The sound that plays at the Mythic splash screen has been updated. Note: You must have your sounds enabled through the Options screen for the sound to be heard.

- (Pendragon Only) Players will no longer receive bonus bounty points or guild bounty points when turning in tokens for Master Levels or artifact quests that they have already completed. Players will only receive exactly the amount of bounty points they originally paid for the token.

NEW FRONTIERS NOTES

- The portals that lead to the Battlegrounds in the Demon's Breach will now only allow players who match the level restriction for the particular Battleground to pass through. Example: Balban's Breach has a portal to the Lion's Den Battleground which is for players that are levels 5-9. The Battleground portal will now only allow players level 5-9 to enter the Lion's Den.

- The in-game map for the Jamtland Mountains has been updated so the dock by Glenlock Faste is in the proper location.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Animists

- Animists are now limited to a total of 5 active fire and forget (FnF) turrets at any given time. This does not include bombers or controlled pets.

- The hitpoints on fire and forget turrets have been increased by 50%.

- The following Animist bomber spell lines are now no longer bombers and have been converted to normally cast spells.

Creeping Base Line:

Rampant Vines - Root
Wisp Inferno - Direct Damage/Debuff

Creeping Spec:

Dancing Flare - Area Effect (AE) Armor Debuff
Binding Spirit - Area Effect (AE) Root

Verdant Base Line:

Rejuvenating Spirit - Pet Heal
Spirit of Nourishing - Pet Regen

Verdant Spec:

Fortifying Emissary - Short duration absorption (ABS) Buff
Essence of the Forest - Long duration absorption (ABS) Buff
Woodspirit Seal - Bladeturn

TRADESKILL NOTES

- Timers for all recipes have been standardized to reduce some inconsistencies, as well as to eliminate many excessively long crafting times. For the vast majority of recipes, this results in a significant decrease in crafting time; anywhere from a few seconds to as much as two minutes, such as in the case of the bulk trinkets.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

Midgard Monsters

- Classic werewolf models have received an art and equipment upgrade. Note: white werewolf and Drakulv models are still using Classic models at this time.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Oceanus Encounters

- Sharks will no longer gather in a massive feeding frenzy in the middle of Oceanus Anatole.

Stygia Encounters

- Golden Scarab Vest - Only 25 Scarab Wings are now required to obtain the Magical Scarab-wing Gloves from Tey to pick up the Cursed Scarab-wing Vest. If a player has already turned in 25 or more wings, but has not yet met the previous goal of 50, the player need only turn in one more wing to obtain the gloves.

- Golden Scarab Vest - The Cursed Scarab-Wing Vest will now spawn more frequently.

CATACOMBS WORLD NOTES

Quests - Midgard

- People Lost - The directions given by the item 'Vudi's Map' and in the player journal for this quest have been clarified to make locating the quest monsters easier.

Instanced Adventuring

- The in-game map for the adventure wing 'The Forgotten Vein' has been updated so the Entrance and Exit marks are in the proper locations.

Dungeons

- The Kobold leader Vanjorndor in Nyttheim now has a chance to properly drop an item along with coin for its loot.

LABYRINTH WORLD NOTES

General

- The Obelisks at each entrance have been given all the same teleportation options as the Obelisks in Nurizane's Crossroads, along with the option to port to Nurizane's Crossroads and Nethuni's Sanctuary (the remote room players are ported to if they stay AFK at the entrance for too long).

- Necromancer pets will now be vulnerable to the nexus rift lightning preventing camping of the Obelisk platforms in Nurizane's Crossroads.

- Necromancers in shade form will no longer trigger the timer for the nexus rift lightning preventing camping of the Obelisk platforms in Nurizane's Crossroads. Only when they drop out of shade form will the timer begin.

Quests - Albion

- Unraveling: Illusions of Grandeur - The 'Signaling Whistle' used in this quest can now be used in shade form

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Looking good for Animists (RvR wise), will get the US whine train off their back because US people seem to love getting killed by stationary pets and no more bomber root(s) which makes life alot easier if you got someone strapped on your back.
Bring on some more of these Animist tweaks at 1.88c :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
best part of it tho is that u wont face a freaking army of them fnf turrets everywhere they are. sure u still will if theres more then 1 of em but still alot less then it is now.

i can take the HP buff on them for that. they will probably still die pretty easily.

its silly as it is now whenever u get up to the lord or a tower captain and 2 or 3 animists are there and have had enough time to prepare.

just have to see if just the HP buff is enough tho. they dont hit for *that* much when theres only 1. but i suppose the animist itself will make up for the drop in DPS from those pets now that they will get proper nukes that doesent have pathing problems.

so i guess they finally thought things through somewhat this time.

/edit: /point /laugh at necros tho xD

Himse

FH is my second home
Where's the Skald love? AND Minstrel love? :O

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm tbh, i actually like that animist had bombers instead of direct nukes, it actually kills 1 target when the first bomber hit, u have 4 more on the way and when the first one hits u case lifetap, i actually liked that, so less time to heal the one that get nuked down with bombers, and, bombers followed target even when he gets out of range. so whats ani now, a nerfed pve class with average casterspells?, only thing that i like is direct root

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
u know what i hoped they would do, make the animist pet as any other pet, so tha the shroom can walk with u, atleast he has some solo utility then as u can buff it, and that it follows u arround, hope they give animist some other changes for RvR, as i always liked playing it in rvr, but noone wanted it in grp

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Seems steps in the right direction for animists.

Miril

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm tbh, i actually like that animist had bombers instead of direct nukes, it actually kills 1 target when the first bomber hit, u have 4 more on the way and when the first one hits u case lifetap, i actually liked that, so less time to heal the one that get nuked down with bombers, and, bombers followed target even when he gets out of range. so whats ani now, a nerfed pve class with average casterspells?, only thing that i like is direct root

I don't think the spec damage bombers have actually been changed into normal spells.

The root being a direct spell is niiiiiice!

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Where the f*ck are the archer notes?! 1.88 is meant to be "the" archer patch dammit!

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Not that I think it's unjustified - this was a broken class from the day it was launched - but they're getting pretty badly hammered really.

I feel bad for them in a way as the stuff they're getting in return for being dropped from 100 pets to 5 pets in two patches is pretty crap.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Notes ain't finished yet, so far i like the changes, to counterbalance the huge shroom nerf (even tho the casted root > bomber root) they should really give bombers same range as theurg pets and give a level 50 spec lifetap.
If they end up like that am happy with the changes.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
- The Obelisks at each entrance have been given all the same teleportation options as the Obelisks in Nurizane's Crossroads, along with the option to port to Nurizane's Crossroads and Nethuni's Sanctuary (the remote room players are ported to if they stay AFK at the entrance for too long).
Yay. No more staircamping. :)

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
Notes ain't finished yet, so far i like the changes, to counterbalance the huge shroom nerf (even tho the casted root > bomber root) they should really give bombers same range as theurg pets and give a level 50 spec lifetap.

indeed, givf sorc lifetap on anis;/

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Not much changes in 1.88b tbh. But looks good for my Ani! :D

Everz

FH is my second home
they decrease number of ani pets yet ignore theurg ones.. time to start the whine on VN.. i see how this works..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
they decrease number of ani pets yet ignore theurg ones.. time to start the whine on VN.. i see how this works..

can't stand behind a wall and cast pets as a theurg then have people wander round and instadie to them...

theurg pets are more like bombers :p cept (admittedly constantly interrupting) dot's instead of dd's ;)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
can't stand behind a wall and cast pets as a theurg then have people wander round and instadie to them...

theurg pets are more like bombers :p cept (admittedly constantly interrupting) dot's instead of dd's ;)

U know the shit thing is that they chain stun more than anything else.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
- Golden Scarab Vest - Only 25 Scarab Wings are now required to obtain the Magical Scarab-wing Gloves from Tey to pick up the Cursed Scarab-wing Vest. If a player has already turned in 25 or more wings, but has not yet met the previous goal of 50, the player need only turn in one more wing to obtain the gloves.

- Golden Scarab Vest - The Cursed Scarab-Wing Vest will now spawn more frequently.
q fuckign q

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie

Are you jokeing? So you say it would be well balanced to make the Animist the onely class that can chain DD at boltrange? And no, dont say: "So, the Thergs can!". Not the same thing, there pets can be targeted and easy killed with AE. The lvl 50 LT is ok, they should have it as everyone else.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Not that I think it's unjustified - this was a broken class from the day it was launched - but they're getting pretty badly hammered really.

I feel bad for them in a way as the stuff they're getting in return for being dropped from 100 pets to 5 pets in two patches is pretty crap.

I should've been something like 5 pets a long time ago.

Casters in general should be good nukers with extra utility. Animists were reasonable nukers with insane siege utility, now they'll be good nukers with some reasonable siege utility.

10% body debuff for a baseline nuke then lifetap. The damage on them might not be quite as high as other casters, but the debuff lasts 60 secs (less with resists, obviously). Unless they've changed other stuff that is! :p

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
I should've been something like 5 pets a long time ago.

Casters in general should be good nukers with extra utility. Animists were reasonable nukers with insane siege utility, now they'll be good nukers with some reasonable siege utility.

10% body debuff for a baseline nuke then lifetap. The damage on them might not be quite as high as other casters, but the debuff lasts 60 secs (less with resists, obviously). Unless they've changed other stuff that is! :p

Except that the lifetap is energy damage..............

so the debuff element will only debuff the damage of further wisp infernos (no level 50 version from memory, caps at 159.9 delve @ level 44 resist rates)

or

Anger spirits, which actually have to reach thier target.

Look at a creeping spec animist in this light, 5 shrooms max, and a 159.9 delve baseline nuke, or a low specced 164 delve baseline lifetap that will eat your power.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I really don't understand this comment - explain please.

sure, no problem.

- Necromancer pets will now be vulnerable to the nexus rift lightning preventing camping of the Obelisk platforms in Nurizane's Crossroads.

- Necromancers in shade form will no longer trigger the timer for the nexus rift lightning preventing camping of the Obelisk platforms in Nurizane's Crossroads. Only when they drop out of shade form will the timer begin.

there u go

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie

So ya think it was fair pretty much 1-3 animists can stall/kill a whole zerg cos they can cast tons n tons of pets? IMO less shrooms able to cast is a good one..

IMO another change id LOVE to see is that once caster dies.. ALLL pets die (that includes theurgs also)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom