1.85A = FZ Nerf but Blade style loving ...

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
I didn't like the style changes at all, the realm styles are just beggining to seem too identical :(

Oh and a great deal of assasin love :>

- Reflection for Infiltrators will now be based off Evade

- Decaying Rage is now a side positional style with a 5 second stun.

The whole FZ nerf is well... makes you wish the third ml line would have arrived so rangers could be warlords :>

Bow rangers will lose a great deal of their utility, basically anyone with more than 6 shield spec is going to be rather impossible to shoot, especially for rangers / hunters without a slam that might give you a few shots that can bypass the defence.

I'm wondering though if the fz would stop putting you in combat, if then I'm off to spec FA2 in addition to IP :>

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Whoa, reflection as a bloody evade style? That means my slash infil will get a stun? xD

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
Whoa, reflection as a bloody evade style? That means my slash infil will get a stun? xD

if you spec 44 DW, then yeah ... although with all the thousands of points you guys get, not too hard to get 44 DW :m00:

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
its it the followup style to reflection that stuns? :E
But in slash line riposte of evade + followup that stuns?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
followup to reflection (hypnotic darkness, 44 spec) is 7s stun, followup to riposte (befuddler, 34 spec) is 5s stun. in assassin fights i think hamstring chain is far superiour to use after evade though, because most people purge. but in longer fights or when you know purge is down.. fucking hell :mad:

anyways, take a look at this rr6 autotrained infil spec:

34 stealth
35 slash
31 envenom
45 cs
44 dw

:rolleyes:

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
So SBs get a side stun at 25 LA, NS/Rangers get one at 18 CD, Infs get one at... oh, wait... :p

Still, going to funny watching hib vs mid stealthers waltz from from one end of a bridge to the other :D

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Solari said:
Bow rangers will lose a great deal of their utility, basically anyone with more than 6 shield spec is going to be rather impossible to shoot, especially for rangers / hunters without a slam that might give you a few shots that can bypass the defence.

I'm wondering though if the fz would stop putting you in combat, if then I'm off to spec FA2 in addition to IP :>

Very true, so far it isnt looking hopeful for me as a bow ranger, no hope against shield classes.
if they are giving a stun style to slash then i really think they need to do something to boost piercing and the poison changes have negated one of the few advantages it had.
will ask on critshot.com about if FZ acts as in combat and see if we get an answer.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Rigga Mortice said:
So SBs get a side stun at 25 LA, NS/Rangers get one at 18 CD, Infs get one at... oh, wait... :p

Still, going to funny watching hib vs mid stealthers waltz from from one end of a bridge to the other :D

Cause the 18 CD stun style is really worthy using with my 19 CD!

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Aran Thule said:
if they are giving a stun style to slash then i really think they need to do something to boost piercing and the poison changes have negated one of the few advantages it had.

Amen to that:p

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
You'd be cannonfodder anyway if you'd have to rely on fz xD
Just noticed I wasn't clear enuff, they way to keep a ranger going is to use ip + purge and maby an arti in one fight and in the next purge arti+fz. With this nerf it means the ranger need to almost afk between the fight to get the ip back :<, unless you like to lose alot more fights. But will just see whats happens, I will get fa2 as well and try to get that one off in fz so there will be some use with it.
It sounds abit silly that you need to have timers up on a archer but thats how they work, if all timers is down your likely to lose to like 99% if it's a good stealther.If you can use fa2 purge arti in one and ip2 purge arti in another it still might work well.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
lvl 45 disese and garrote hunter pet that hits for 200-250 ish buffed.

gonna get a lot of KITE hunters. and gonna get one hell of a lot of doorstep bryno hunters buffing up the pet. can imagine bleed area now with like loads of these dogs moving around :)

You gonna be perma disesed trying to get into melee (as you cant bow a hunter with pet on you) with a non disesed toon (and garrote snares).

If you purge the disese and manage to get in melee with hunter. RR5 aoe snare, FZ drag, Speed Boost + phase shift, wh1 speed + phase shift, rear stun. all this to contend with when the hunter can already bang just as hard in melee as a ranger (and hunter only has to invest in 1 melee line to bang this hard, rangers invest in 2). you stop to deal with the pet you will be eating arrows and dead ofc, you dont deal with the pet its gonna be hitting you pretty hard and fast and snaring you while hunter runs around in circles laughing as your disesed. GJ mythic.

Think they are just going too far with hunters catering for the hoardes of newbs that take 2 minutes to switch from bow to spear when you jump them and cry that the class is gimped!. honestly give them convoker with the new pets or summin.

only good thing is ill have hit rr11 by the time this thing hits. Hell might even roll one of the swines myself.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
lvl 45 disese and garrote hunter pet that hits for 200-250 ish buffed.

gonna get a lot of KITE hunters. and gonna get one hell of a lot of doorstep bryno hunters buffing up the pet. can imagine bleed area now with like loads of these dogs moving around :)

You gonna be perma disesed trying to get into melee (as you cant bow a hunter with pet on you) with a non disesed toon (and garrote snares).

If you purge the disese and manage to get in melee with hunter. RR5 aoe snare, FZ drag, Speed Boost + phase shift, wh1 speed + phase shift, rear stun. all this to contend with when the hunter can already bang just as hard in melee as a ranger (and hunter only has to invest in 1 melee line to bang this hard, rangers invest in 2). you stop to deal with the pet you will be eating arrows and dead ofc, you dont deal with the pet its gonna be hitting you pretty hard and fast and snaring you while hunter runs around in circles laughing as your disesed. GJ mythic.

Think they are just going too far with hunters catering for the hoardes of newbs that take 2 minutes to switch from bow to spear when you jump them and cry that the class is gimped!. honestly give them convoker with the new pets or summin.

only good thing is ill have hit rr11 by the time this thing hits. Hell might even roll one of the swines myself.
Completly agree it's just silly to improve that pet.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bondoila said:
Just noticed I wasn't clear enuff, they way to keep a ranger going is to use ip + purge and maby an arti in one fight and in the next purge arti+fz. With this nerf it means the ranger need to almost afk between the fight to get the ip back :<, unless you like to lose alot more fights. But will just see whats happens, I will get fa2 as well and try to get that one off in fz so there will be some use with it.
It sounds abit silly that you need to have timers up on a archer but thats how they work, if all timers is down your likely to lose to like 99% if it's a good stealther.If you can use fa2 purge arti in one and ip2 purge arti in another it still might work well.
Fair enough, tho I'm not really into timers myself :p Other than charge and purge I don't have any passives on my rvr characters :p

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Fair enough, tho I'm not really into timers myself :p Other than charge and purge I don't have any passives on my rvr characters :p
Would have that on a merc, bm either but thats abit diffrent :)

auroria

Banned
OMFG! sidestyle stun for zerks WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHO! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHO!

Dalilama

Fledgling Freddie
well i thick the zerker style change is good, atm thay are just bl dumpers and rp foders to the other realms caster

Puppet said:
Snowsquall-style on a berserker is higher DPS then anything a BM can pull off.

yes true, but try land those styles in this melee lagg kiting caster grps crap going on.

and enugh whine about hunter sure the pet change is stupid but hunter do need a boost maybe not this, but there is a 1.85b,c,d ezt to come

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I think the FZ changes are a precursor to archery love.

at least I hope is prolly a better word

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
so...current Assasin stun situation is:

HIB
21 blades - Horizon Blade = 4 second evade stun
25 peirce - Diamondback = 5 second evade stun
18 dw - Ice Storm = 4 second side stun

ALB
18 slash - Riposte = then 34 slash - Befuddler = 5 second chain evade stun
25 cd - Reflection = then 44 Hypnotic Darkness = 7 second chain evade stun
15 thrust - Beartooth = 6 second evade stun
50 thrust - Dragonfang = 5 second evade stun

MID
21 axe - Valkyrie's Shield = then 34 axe - Midnight Sun = 6 second chain evade stun
4 sword - Frost Cut = then 39 sword - Niord's Fury = 7 second chain evade stun
18 la - Comeback = then 39 la - Comeback = 7 second chain stun
25 la Decaying Rage = 5 second side stun

Conclusions:
1. Shadowblades still screwed with evade stuns.
2. Mythic sux - as now 15th level thurst style has longer stun than 50th level.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
i doesnt get it

FZ got changed 3 times now right?

but the F**K ML9 Convoker ability never got changed.

ah right, ML9 Pet in rvr isnt annoying as much as FZ is.

ML9 Pets shouldnt be available in rvr, why Mythic never change anything on that?

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Haldar said:
so...current Assasin stun situation is:

HIB
21 blades - Horizon Blade = 4 second evade stun
25 peirce - Diamondback = 5 second evade stun
18 dw - Ice Storm = 4 second side stun

ALB
18 slash - Riposte = then 34 slash - Befuddler = 5 second chain evade stun
25 cd - Reflection = then 44 Hypnotic Darkness = 7 second chain evade stun
15 thrust - Beartooth = 6 second evade stun
50 thrust - Dragonfang = 5 second evade stun

MID
21 axe - Valkyrie's Shield = then 34 axe - Midnight Sun = 6 second chain evade stun
4 sword - Frost Cut = then 39 sword - Niord's Fury = 7 second chain evade stun
18 la - Comeback = then 39 la - Comeback = 7 second chain stun
25 la Decaying Rage = 5 second side stun

Conclusions:
1. Shadowblades still screwed with evade stuns.
2. Mythic sux - as now 15th level thurst style has longer stun than 50th level.

Since when has that been around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom