1.83c: Healer, Savage, Wizard and Paladin love!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Moaning Myrtle said:
They still haven't got the same utility though; but I am happy with that in exhange for higher damage.

Pretty much same 'useable' utility. Things like Confusion and a BT which u can cast on others is hardly useful. Basically that leaves stat-debuffs (they are useful I suppose) and run-speed (so-so with horses available) where the wiz has far superiour damage, especially with the bolt and the spec-DD with resist-debuff all packed nicely in 1 line.

Wizzies will give up the AE-root to get the Nearsight and (lowbie) GTAE. However RM's dont have AE-root at all.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Wizards have been crap for so long, all of you whining about their buff patch should shup

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Moaning Myrtle said:
I was using Catacombs to look up YOUR Class, not mine! I know what my Class has :p
Ah ok that's why you said Wizards don't got bladeturn, I see :rolleyes:

Moaning Myrtle said:
Point is made. if I go 47 Fire I STILL cannot have the same level of NS as you (what part of that are you struggling with?!). I also have none of your other utility!
Ok, I didn't know wiz NS was higher, but still I don't wanna lose my dmg so I go 50 dark.

Deld

Loyal Freddie
~Latency~ said:
Wizards have been crap for so long, all of you whining about their buff patch should shup

Agree, you never really know unless you played a wizard for four years tbh.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I thought that the reason Wizzies got this was not the baseline what they have, but what enemies have.

A darkness runemaster will be hitting against the buffs provided by Friars and Nurture Druids.

A fire wizard will be hitting against the buffs provided by Aug Shamans and Nurture Druids.

As Friars are far less common in groups than Aug Shamans, Runemasters will face typically lower resists, and do more damage.

By lowering resists, hopefully Wizards will do more damage against well buffed opponents, without increasing their damage against random opponents. Whether it is balanced remains to be seen.

Darzil

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
RM's have more utility than wizards

wizards (should) do more damage then RM's

if you want to do damage roll a wizard, if you want more utility roll an RM.

would be best to see what other stuff mythic put in 1.83 before the whine continue..

:m00:

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Alme said:
- (Midgard) Two new horse routes were added: Mularn to Ft. Veldon, and Ft. Veldon to Mularn.

mid always gets the OPed shit :x

This made me chuckle, hehe :D

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Deld said:
Agree, you never really know unless you played a wizard for four years tbh.

Just like armsmen, and I dont see Mythic giving love to them still (oh well they changed their uber free RA at RR5, a start), and yes they now have shouts and that kind of things but when I say love to armsmen I dont mean to all heavy tanks.

I suppose all of you who played a fire wizz for 4 years and are tired of that can imagine what an armsman can feel when patch after patch they never ever got real good stuff (at least in my opinion), far from that the good things they had were shared to other heavy tanks, like soldiers barricade.

Ah well, maybe next patch? ;)

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Yeah 1p is so much these days no wizard can afford it :p

It is to some people, but it's still a silly argument. Your Class gets speed, mine doesn't. If I want speed I have to pay for it and make myself a much bigger target in RVR. Well that makes sense...

Zebolt said:
So just cuz' I can cast bladeturn on my grp makes it massively better? That doesn't help me at all really when I solo. And it doesn't help me much when I grp, I die just as easy as a wiz does with his bladeturn :>

Yes, I'd argue Group BT is a big deal. I'm sure many others would agree also.

Zebolt said:
Just so we're on the same page here. You think better speed, lvl 18 confusion, and a dex debuff is much more utility than a much better spec nuke and a 1200 dmg bolt?

I think your Class on the whole has massive utility, far more then the Wizard Class. So yes, we ought to do much more damage as that's the entire ideology behind our Class.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Snare Nukes in the Earth line and Nearsight adding a 15% matter debuff lasting 60 seconds was pretty funky, dunno if its enough to spec that with the boost in fire.

I'd say wizards are still have the lowest usable ulitity, its not like your going to see meny earth wizards around or ice wizards :)

Wizards are pure dps machines, they should have the most powerful nukes in the game because thats pretty much all they get from that specline, nothing useful.

If you want to move the nearsight in the Suppression line to 30+spec points then i agree that Runies should also have there Spec Darkness Nukes buffed up.

Dark SM's will have a DPS close to a wizard still and also have fun bits like a pet :) I mean 219 @ 2.8 seconds cast time against 27% Heat resists V 198.45 @ 2.5 seconds cast time against 26% Cold resists.

Nullifidian

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Speed (Wiz got that but horse are not as good as cast speed cuz' of whistling time)

Lets not forget free MCL1 and IP1 in the form of power and health pots. :clap:

pez

Can't get enough of FH
a 47/26 RM gets high level GTaoE, 45% nearsight, Pbt and a dex debuff and a bunch of damage debuffs

erm... how does a wizard's utility compare to that? o_O

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
Prevent Flight is what the det tanks had (except savage untill now) its a 10% chance to proc a snare iirc.

yes and its ~worthless in its current state. if they strengthen the effect a bit in the light tank portion of this patch then its a significant change i suppose.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Pez, that's a 47rc/26sup spec. That's possible one of the least attractive specs a RM can choose.

You either go:
Darkmaster: 50d/20s or 47d/26s

Or

Darkcarver: 48rc/11sup/22dark

Or
Some gimp suppression spec variant where your best nuke is a 179 delve, 3.0 cast snare/dd nuke.

The Darkmaster is what translates the best into a Fire Wizard, either setup.

Apart from the baseline str and dex debuffs, the Darkmaster and the Firewizard will have just about the same utility. With this patch, the wizard will have far greater damage though, both in the form of the debuff/nuke and the bolts. The RM will have 10% extra on the nearsight and 200 extra range as well though.

In summary, that means if you choose between a dark rm and a fire wizard you can get:

Spec bolt, specced baseline bolt, 15% debuff/spec nuke

or

Dex/str debuff, Slightly better nearsight, speed and PBT

What is best? Guess it's a matter of personal taste. That said though, a 219 delve DD with build-in 15% debuff will be tremendous damage. Let's see how it plays out.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
It started out as a Hybrid Love Patch, but I fear is degenerating all too quickly into just another Alb Love Patch. At a time when caster damage is way out of control across the board, giving a primary nuker even more damage is crazy, especially in the overpopulated realm. Wizards needed more utility, not even more damage.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
are you fuckin serious ? this bullshitting about utility comparing wiz to darkrm
darkrm can't get a 331 _bolt_

Its not like a 10 sec pbt that u can't run with speed and a base dex debuff can compensate for a 331 (elds got 309, rm 317 in their bolt lines) value bolt u get for free ?
What good will any utility do if the caster can't survive the raw damage of a wizzard ? Now with nearsight they get pretty much every range advantage there is, even 25% ns is enough to get in bolt range without the enemy having that much of a chance to retaliate

I agree that lightelds have a vicious combination of spells and they'll probably win pretty much any castduel but one over the top class doesn't mean u have to create another when there are enough classes with useless spellines

Wizz might've been boring to play and might have lacked utility, but there is another way than the wow balancing idea of giving machine guns to classes that had to fight handguns with knives before

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall GM of Purple Head Warriors said:
It started out as a Hybrid Love Patch, but I fear is degenerating all too quickly into just another Alb Love Patch. At a time when caster damage is way out of control across the board, giving a primary nuker even more damage is crazy, especially in the overpopulated realm. Wizards needed more utility, not even more damage.

I've never seen you not post a whine, i guess you've never played a Wizard either.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Celestino said:
are you fuckin serious ? this bullshitting about utility comparing wiz to darkrm
darkrm can't get a 331 _bolt_

Its not like a 10 sec pbt that u can't run with speed and a base dex debuff can compensate for a 331 (elds got 309, rm 317 in their bolt lines) value bolt u get for free ?

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the firewiz 331 specline bolt 50 fire spec? i.e NOT FOR FUCKING FREE? Arguing against this wizard love is fine, but do it right.

If i am wrong, then apologies.

Rustane

Fledgling Freddie
So now pala has 2 nice things at 50 chants, str buff and abla chant.
Wonder if its worth going 42 shield instead of 50 to get this.

Or will most go 2h ?

hmmmm

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Bubble said:
I've never seen you not post a whine, i guess you've never played a Wizard either.

yeah cos your little mr constructive all the time arent you ?

bubble said:
Purple Head Warriors

hahahahaha...no really, ive seen 6 year olds who are funnier than you

:kissit:

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:
most will go 2h because of the celerity chant

Could probably get away with a split spec 44 2h 29 wep 42 shield rest in chants. Would have decient deffence then plus ok offence with 2h and celerity. Miss red end but if tanks spec abit in Long Wind should not be so much of a problem.

Trunks

Loyal Freddie
pez said:
a 47/26 RM gets high level GTaoE, 45% nearsight, Pbt and a dex debuff and a bunch of damage debuffs

erm... how does a wizard's utility compare to that? o_O

er...are u talking rc here? dark line has _no_ gtaoe...and whats the point of being able to debuff if you haven't even specced the rest of your points in to the line that does the debuffed dmg? the variance will be high, the dmg will be crap...please stop looking at catacombs and saying how you know everything about a class..a runie will generally never be able to run pbt in a group as he takes (most of the time) a skalds spot, thus has to run speed.

imo, wizzies dmg / utility outways runies utility / dmg. they've given too much to wizzies to be able to do good dmg, whilst runies are able to do a very little more utility, wizzies dmg will increase by 10%+ now, and they get nearsight

Gamah

Banned
Svartmetall said:
Then you've really not been paying attention.

Wrong again. And her damage is excellent, better than a Runecarver's.

When have you ever RvR'd? Or is it unfair on the mobs that wizards can nuke hard :<?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
When have you ever RvR'd? Or is it unfair on the mobs that wizards can nuke hard :<?

Yeah, mid mobs get the easy life, apart from when certain runemasters ns pull 12 at once at malmo :D

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
Yeah, mid mobs get the easy life, apart from when certain runemasters ns pull 12 at once at malmo :D

You should get a proper puller then. Or he should learn not to only make half pulls. Get the full 24 package! ;)

Appendix

Fledgling Freddie
What's with the comparing wizards to runemasters?

So what if mythic made wizards better than rm's, there are still casters like eldritch and bainshee that outperforms them anyway. Classes should be balanced with regard to how attractive they are to a group setup in their realm.

Wizards are struggling not because rm's or eldritches or whatever are better casters, but that the other alb casters bring more to a group than wizard.

As it is now noone would replace a sorc, theurgist or cabalist with a wizard in their group, even a body sorc would nuke harder and bring lots more utility.

I would rather have seen something really useful added to wizard that made them just as attractive to a group as theurgists or cabalists are. More dps isnt really going to change much, any caster that is free to nuke will usually have enough dps to kill it's target.

Some form of group utility would have helped wizards more in my opinion.

Gamah

Banned
Naffets said:

I wonder which crazy arse would do that *wissles*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom