1.83b - Wizard and Main healing classes love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
Puppet, I don't know why people go on about the weaponskill. The real problem for savages are in my oppinion the lack of Stoicism. Their role in RvR mimmics a light tank... melee damage is what they do, yet they don't get the same benefit light tanks get.

They dó have Stoicism. Its just people's perception that savages are somehow inferiour. The *ONLY* thing why they dont get consistent groups is because of Banelord and Charge. Their DPS (offense) and defense is way bigger then of any other 'light-tank'. Frenzy zerk might come close to the DPS if he gets lucky on the crits, and receives Celerity to offset the swingspeed-difference.

I actually think savages are very balanced now --> More offense and defense then a Light-tank, but pays the price in not receiving Banelord and Charge. Seems fair to me. Its ironic the same people who say 'Berserkers are now gutted after 1.61' are the same ones saying savages are shit now.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
crispy said:
Since when have it been impossible for clerics to spam aoe interrupt nuke? :p

it's a 4s cast time spell and costs a fortune in power, it's also at 10 spec as opposed to the 2.5s casting one at 4 spec for druids so most rejuv/enhance or enhance/rejuv clerics don't have it.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
At least now I don't think I have to argue much about playing the worst caster class anymore. The reason I always heard was you got a low NS, but now when wizards got that too they can't bring that up anymore :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if they nerfed banelord a bit (make snaring tendrils stun even when yer stun immune and add some aoe effect graphics/remove some interrupts) then savages would be more popular.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
crispy said:
Since when have it been impossible for clerics to spam aoe interrupt nuke? :p

What Flim already said, AoE smite is 4 sec cast and you need quite some spec points into smite to get it and it's not a CC, Low level CC (even if it's only like 10 sec root) > low level dd, on a support char anyway.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
it seem that the 30% arbsorb debuff on stab/lancer is still there and wont get changed and paladin celerity chant dosnt take power on first tick.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Garok said:
So basicly SB can get access to the best Dam type vs both NS and Infils. But infils and NS can't spec and effective Dam type to BOTH the other realms stealthers. Its only a five min timer.. how often do you think it will be up in a stealther vs stealther fight, you would be lucky if you have more than 2 stealth fights every 5 mins tbh.

But without, which they have been until now, they are subpair, as they was weak to all attacks from Infils/NS's who bothered speccing right for it, you think that is fair?

You really think it is so unfair, that SB's who until now have suffered the pain of being weak to enemy attacks, get an ability, which will make them able to have bonus versus the other stealthers, like they have had against them for so long, and by god, they still have!

Your complaint is that NS's and Infils can't get bonus versus each other? Well, in a NS vs Infil battle, it makes no difference that this ability have been added, but it evens things out in NS vs SB and Infil vs SB fights..

Oh, and I know that NS's and Infil's can spec thrust, so yes, those have been cheated by this, as now they will meet people with bonus against them, without having bonus against the enemies, but hey, that have been the picture for SB's all along, and apperently, seeing that you think this ability shouldn't be given to SB's, you think such fights is fair..

So, what is the problem???

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
whats all the fuzz about?

slash ns (are alot cause of the malice) have bonus vs sb's.
slash ns will be neutral to infils.

slash infil will have bonus against SB's.
slash infil will have penalty against hib stealthers. but they have 2.5spec points.

sb only will have 5minute timer buff of crush. but cause infils and ns/rangers have both crush weak armor it would make up for it.

NS's have celtic dual that is best dual wield imo.

i really don't know why ppl whining. i think this change kinda balances the stealth war more?

i am not an hardcore stealthplayer. but ppl whining about sb's getting acces to a temp crush buff.. i don't get it.

edit: hmm iceforges post was first..:p

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
savages do have stoicism!and they are fine imo.. tho would be nice whit charge to keep up whit the Zerk in youre group that usaly goes WroooM on clip range and then yell assist assist assist then he dies !:)

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Your realm seems to be getting given what our realm has in this patch. So I'd just like to see some reciprocity, that's all.

I'm happy to give Midgard some of those toys, but let Albion have insta aoe stun and mezz.

Healers >>>> Clerics

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
Cus the Grey con NS really rocks :)
That's what ppl have been saying making RM better than Wiz so yeah it must be :>

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Jobbegea said:
NS's have celtic dual that is best dual wield imo.

no no no , 50 DW is viable due to uber style (ds) which makes mercfil so viable due to s/c poison taking off the same hp the PA chain does.

side stun in CD is nice , but doesnt make up for this imo :p

For example id love to go :
31 envenom
31 stealth
32 blade
50 CD
29 CS

IF we got dual shadows in CD

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Lyrra said:
You are fukcing joking.

:twak:

all main healing lines got improved - the tertiary lines for hte main healers got some look - in A clerics and healers got a tiny change, in B clerics and druids got a bigger change, I imagine healers will get a bit more in aug before the end of this patch.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
all main healing lines got improved - the tertiary lines for hte main healers got some look - in A clerics and healers got a tiny change, in B clerics and druids got a bigger change, I imagine healers will get a bit more in aug before the end of this patch.

I was actually staggered that someone asked for healer love - they are such a good class already, I couldn't believe it.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Jobbegea said:
slash infil will have penalty against hib stealthers. but they have 2.5spec points.

i'll change my original thought of 'you're a dumbass' to ask politely

what the fk does that have to do with anything?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Lyrra said:
I was actually staggered that someone asked for healer love - they are such a good class already, I couldn't believe it.

heh :) well aug isn't exactly wonderful ;) and druids/clerics as a whole are hardly suffering just smite and nature are a bit under par (smite and aug more so than nature but nature isn't exactly a superb line)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Wouldn't call nature under par but ok, free fnf interrupt, AoE interrupt for a low spec point cost.
Not to mention you could have quite some in Nature and be effective hench why if someone is LFG as Nature Druid he still gets groups however if you try and look for a group with smite spec (not saying guild group or a group with friends) then people just /point /laugh at you and theres a reason behind that.

Played both a rr6 Druid and rr10 Cleric and playing a Druid is so much nicer, not only due to that Nature is powerful but it's much much better to have an AoE root and a ST long duration root than a ST stun on a support char anyway.
Also a Druid only needs 39 Nurture instead of Clerics who need atleast 40 Enh, might only be a small differance but it does save them 40 points which they can use to get 12+ nature and get a pet that can't be 1 shot.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
heh :) well aug isn't exactly wonderful ;) and druids/clerics as a whole are hardly suffering just smite and nature are a bit under par (smite and aug more so than nature but nature isn't exactly a superb line)

OK point taken. I guess I never thought anyone would want to spec aug as a healer. You are right to suggest that aug needs some love.

I think the pac line is superb though. That aoe stun would be great fun for ice wizzies.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Lyrra said:
OK point taken. I guess I never thought anyone would want to spec aug as a healer. You are right to suggest that aug needs some love.

I think the pac line is superb though. That aoe stun would be great fun for ice wizzies.
I would hope Mythic would have learned from the example of the Sorc...powerful AE CC on a damage caster is a bad idea.

Dorimor1

Banned
Svartmetall said:
I would hope Mythic would have learned from the example of the Sorc...powerful AE CC on a damage caster is a bad idea.

How is it a bad idea? Just makes the realms different, sorc is a strong class but in no way was it a bad idea like the warlock, you'll always have stronger/weaker classes and classes that are just plain stupid, there has been a MoC+SoI nerf so sorcs aren't as a silly class anymore imo, strong class yes but not anything like warlocks

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:

Who said anything about giving sorcs more toys? I'd put aoe stuns in one of the elementalist earth lines.

Anyway, sorc still have to cast aoe mezz - insta >> casting. There's no way anyone could defend albion having the upper hand in the CC war.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Lyrra said:
Who said anything about giving sorcs more toys? I'd put aoe stuns in one of the elementalist earth lines.
...? Reading comprehension for the win. The point was that putting very powerful AE CC on a damage caster is a bad idea - as proved by the overpoweredness of Sorcs - so giving AE stun to Wizards, who have very good damage output indeed, would a be a very bad idea.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
...? Reading comprehension for the win. The point was that putting very powerful AE CC on a damage caster is a bad idea - as proved by the overpoweredness of Sorcs - so giving AE stun to Wizards, who have very good damage output indeed, would a be a very bad idea.

Yeah especially with the amount of BL tanks out these days.
AoE stun and boom 3 tanks pop tendrils whoohoo entire group interrupted for like 5 minutes.
If they give Wizs AoE stun that would be a boost to Mid and Hib BL tanks.
Personally I think After Wizs get NS the only thing they really want is the status back as most powerful caster (DPS wise) which got taken away when Catacombs was released.

Sure grey NS might seem crap but it still gives you like 25%(?) range debuff so that can win you the battle if not cured fast enough and helps with speedwarp kiting to NS their support, might need a bit of MoF to use it though.

Trunks

Loyal Freddie
Lyrra said:
You are fukcing joking.

:twak:

i wasnt asking for it, i was relating to the title of this post "main healing classes love" which there is none for midgard..so...

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Jobbegea said:
whats all the fuzz about?

slash ns (are alot cause of the malice) have bonus vs sb's.
slash ns will be neutral to infils.

How about Pierce NS ? They have a penalty against both assassins. The argument goes both ways.

The problem with Remedy is that it doesnt equalize the armour-tables. SB's have now 2 damage-types, for the price of one. While keeping all the favourable artifacts, the evade-stun (granted, 2nd in chain, but still!).

Basically all it does is making pierce a joke:

* Worse artifact-choice
* Harder to SC
* Inferiour damage-type when it comes to fighting stealthers overall.
* Hitted equally by the enervating poison changed into a WS/CON-debuff

Everyone keeps saying 'but u can go slash'. Yes, I can. But I have to respec, level new arti's, get new SC, and Im still a 40 STR-race.

I dont see how 2.5x spec-points compensates tho. It doesnt change the fact they still do inferiour damage to Nightshades and Rangers. Yes they get 2.5x, but they dont get a 70/70 STR/CON-race nor Phoebus Necklace, nor 2H perfs nor a HP-advantage.

i really don't know why ppl whining. i think this change kinda balances the stealth war more?

Its not balance, its just shifting the balance. SB's will be the strongest assassin.

Not to mention peeps keep 'equalizing' this towards Slash and Blades INF/NS. The Thrust/Pierce INF/NS are left behind.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:

I don't think it's any worse than insta lifetaps and 2 healer pets :)

If wizzies had 9s AOE stun then are they really gonna take down loads? I don't think so. They would get 1 kill before stun wears off if they are lucky, given resists etc.

Hibbie casters have long duration stun and they don't always nuke down their prey before stun wears off.

You might have a point about mezz + nuking as mezz lasts much longer; however, in modern RVR mezz is not such a problem. Most people have good resists and purge etc. I certainly don't think aoe stun on a caster is a problem: most people will be stunned for 4 or 5 secs in which time the wiz might get 1 kill.

So I beg to differ. I'll stand my opinion. Of course you are entitled to have your opinion too.

Of course I wouldn't put AOE stun in the ice PBAOE line...that would be OPed. :)

Oh and you can stick your "reading comprehension" smart arse remark where the sun don't shine. You cannot make such remarks just because I have a different point of view. I'm putting forward my opinion in a cogent and polite fashion. You would do well to learn to do the same.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Trunks said:
i wasnt asking for it, i was relating to the title of this post "main healing classes love" which there is none for midgard..so...

Fair enough. It's semantics. The title of the post could have been phrased better.

Apologies if you felt impugned by my post.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
Puppet said:
How about Pierce NS ?
FK pierce then? just respec slash as NS. neutral to albs. +damage to SB's
if SB is fighting with crush ability up you will have an equal fight, or you don't want that?

dont see how 2.5x spec-points compensates tho.Yes they get 2.5x, but they dont get a 70/70 STR/CON-race

YES!!! 10 con more! think 99% of the SB's would trade 10con in for 2.5spec points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom