1.83b - Wizard and Main healing classes love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xGenocidex

Aiteal said:
well, you are assuming wrongly tbh
he's gonna have at least 39 in blades to use the fire blade/spectrum blade chain, with +11 in temp and +6 for realm rank, thats a minimum of 56 modified.
Its more likely he's 50 blades base.
Ive beat a RR4 merc when I was RR5 who's GoV procced on the first hit weilding malice/battler who popped DT (when albs had all STR relics) with 50 modified blades and 55 modified CD and you dont think that 32 swings of a minimum 56 modded (and more likely to be 67 modified) shar blades ranger with 40 more STR than my elf blades ranger and with a melee template compared to my hybrid temp not being able to kill a spirit master, let alone his stunning pet is unbalanced?

i didnt see the spectum part and i was saying +11 from template :p and thats probably the only thing i agree on sms.. the stun on pets :p its stupid but the intercept is bullshit but you'll find that out soon enough when i've finished recording... getting a rr7 fully toa'd ml10 half ogre merc to show you exactly how much a pet intercepts...

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Such mid whine :(

The biggest boost in this thread in the Druid boost, i wonder if they break mez or not or if the AoE Shears are also 2.5 sec casting time.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Cant...resist...reading...Fh....whine...its..just...so...much...better..than..WoW

:m00:

Weld

Fledgling Freddie

Mid support>>>>>>>>>>Hib support>>>>>Alb support

Mid support>>>>>Hib support>>>>>>>>>>Alb support

Well done Mythic give some more useless DD for cleric smite spec line.
Nothing else (group friendly cleric) want to respec for smite after this changes. Give aoe stun (same like midgard) in smite spec after it maybe...

And give magic abrative chant for friars (enhance line) remove it from paladin.
300magic abrative/30sec like banshee version.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
I don't understand how mids are whineing about no love.

They are the hardest realm on this game in rvr.

Weld

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
If I wanted to kill stuff, I'd have rolled a damage caster. The only spell in my third line that I ever use is stun. Everything else in smite is crap. Everything you can spec for is crap. Not because the delve is so low or the power cost is so high but because I'd be better off using the power to heal with and support the group. That's what Clerics do, give us stuff that fits the support role rather than making us crap nukers please.

Agreed.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Could you be abit more biased Geno? I think this Pal boost is horrible, but imagine to sit at the other end of the table facing PD5 BD's, moc3 SM's and not to mention warlocks?
Lets see the patch go live and the effect of it, but I think it's abit sad that these "ballancing" patches is just about giving all the realms the same tools on the same classes, which ruins the best thing about DAoC.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
xGenocidex said:
can't say i'd compare a ranger spamming fireblade to a merc or bm tbh :eek: and asuming he had 29 in blades (just asuming) with +11 his wep skill buffed would only be 1329 :x not high rly... anyway i'm not going to argue i know for a fact pet doesnt intercept as much as people say it does and i'll make a movie to prove it.. give me bout 40-50 mins i'll go out now and make a quick movie and show you exactly how much pet intercepts ;x fully toa'd sm etc etc - and i know for a fact your gonna say something like "omg pet wasnt buffed they intercept much more than that"

Weaponskill has no effect on intercept-rate. I did a test a while back regarding the intercept-rate, and it showed it was between 70-80%.

Anyhow if you're modest and say the intercept-rate is on 50%, that still gives a SM a free PD7 or so. Oh and it works against legendary weapons aswell and oh when it intercepts, it doesnt interrupt the SM.

Anyhow, whether or not ur SM is TOA'ed doesnt matter for the pet-intercept rate.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:

The biggest boost in this thread in the Druid boost, i wonder if they break mez or not or if the AoE Shears are also 2.5 sec casting time.

druids shear dosnt do dmg at all now unlike shamans dex/qui there do minor dmg.

i have to say that druids got the best shears now, 2,5 cast speed, 1600 range and dosnt break root at all.

its just root, shear and leave the poor man.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Lejemorder said:
reason why you mezz is resist that much is because of the low level (like level 8 or so for most), but if you tri spec it should give you enough time for you caster to handle the pet on you.

I've had 44 smite spec 23 smite spec and 4 smite, the 23 and 4 smite spec gets resisted about as much even by level 7 Druid pets (around 80-99%) the only mez that actually worked was the 44 smite mez and there is no way that you can make a viable spec (can't be sheared and decent heals still) that you can make with 44 smite.
In a fight 9/10 times pets gets mezzed on inc then Mr. Banelord start spamming his shit and all pets get demezzed and go for me and I can't mez them anymore as they are immune to mez and with a 5 min reuse timer I have little to no chance to ever use it more than once per battle.

Seriously the Smite line doesn't have any potential, not before this patch and not after this patch.

X

xGenocidex

Bubble said:

guess we get to find out in about a year :p

X

xGenocidex

Andrilyn said:
Seriously the Smite line doesn't have any potential, not before this patch and not after this patch.

Smite used to be sick before they nerfed it back in OF ;> used to be so many solo smite clerics then :O i remember 1 especially called Clericus or something like that :eek: i almost killed him with my level 35 kobold skald ;D until got stun off and pwned me ;<

Nate

FH is my second home
Chap said:
Could you be abit more biased Geno? I think this Pal boost is horrible, but imagine to sit at the other end of the table facing PD5 BD's, moc3 SM's and not to mention warlocks?

the warlock class is being nerfed

all realms have access to the ra's u stated..so why are midgard op because they spec for it? all sorcs spec for moc 3, so ur whine about that is pointless, u can spec for pd5 if u want, but because bd's are generally interrupt bots they will spec it as they'll get melee'd down a lot

so start again.

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
Lets find an agreement on healing class then, remove all this crap from cleric and give them insta aoe stun with decent range baseline, I doubt mids would whine ?

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Haazheel said:
Lets find an agreement on healing class then, remove all this crap from cleric and give them insta aoe stun with decent range baseline, I doubt mids would whine ?

Maybe Hibs would?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
xGenocidex said:
Smite used to be sick before they nerfed it back in OF ;> used to be so many solo smite clerics then :O i remember 1 especially called Clericus or something like that :eek: i almost killed him with my level 35 kobold skald ;D until got stun off and pwned me ;<

If only it was still that age, people walking around with no stats or resists capped no buffs and in Barrows/CM dropped items and people didn't had purge..
Those were the days I can even remember 3 shotting Trollum with spec smite.
Not against the Smite nerf back then because it was really sick but when SC and ToA came they should have reverted it back to it's former self.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Haazheel said:

AoE stun would be nice but I will already be happy with a low duration, low power cost fast casting AoE root.
Delete everything from the Smite line cept for Stun and add an AoE root, that would be more of a Cleric love than these patch notes.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Nate said:
the warlock class is being nerfed

all realms have access to the ra's u stated..so why are midgard op because they spec for it? all sorcs spec for moc 3, so ur whine about that is pointless, u can spec for pd5 if u want, but because bd's are generally interrupt bots they will spec it as they'll get melee'd down a lot

so start again.
Ok to clear something out for you. I PLAY MID. I didnt whine, I just stated that mid has some of the best casters.
A moc3 sm will allways outdamage a moc3 sorc of same RR, due to higher dps and higher dex/qui debuff. Untop of that sorcs dont have intercepting ml9 pet, so your statement is false.
Same for BD. No caster other than WL has access to banelord, insta lt + debuff, so yet again your statement is false.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Haazheel said:
Hi2u perma tendrilled clerric...

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Haazheel said:

Yes, of course. The same day Midgard gets bolt-range AE mez, petspam with chainstunning pets, spec AF buffs, plate mail, group heal procs, ludicrous range on archery, a stealthing speed class with insta-stun...yeah. That day.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
Yes, of course. The same day Midgard gets bolt-range AE mez, petspam with chainstunning pets, spec AF buffs, plate mail, group heal procs, ludicrous range on archery, a stealthing speed class with insta-stun...yeah. That day.

do you ever stop fucking complaining, every post you make just bitch bitch bitch. try looking on what your own realm has for once?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
I agree that the Healer rr5 is crap it should be like PR3 (full power/end/Health and no rez sickness).

back to the days of 3 healer whack-a-mole grps? no thx. it may come as a shock but healer didnt get love because it doesnt need any...

on the other changes.. pretty sure wizards were hoping for more than a grey ns that, even it isnt resisted, the enemy only has to take 5 steps forward to operate as normal.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Haazheel said:

I am all for giving clerics AE stuns. It would be an indirect improvement on mid tank groups. Free tendrils spamming!

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:

So why the fuck aren't you playing Albion? At least you could be happy about patch notes instead of whining. Albs could whine (and actually are whining but that's another story :)) about insta ae stun, insta ae mezz, 80% intercepting pet, chambers etc. What you want is just to get all the toys other realms have. I know a word for this: envy

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
I am all for giving clerics AE stuns. It would be an indirect improvement on mid tank groups. Free tendrils spamming!

mainly the reason you only use stun when bombing or single target to assist my caster.

and i for most druids the instant root will do no good because a det5+stoicisme tank.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
xGenocidex said:
lol SO wait a second... getting perma celerity castable in combat is a way to balance things out? please explain how ;x? considering savages are utter wank unless quading... mercs > zerkers..... warlock nerf incoming... bd's arent hard if you know how to kill them that leaves us with what? sm's wow grats intercepting pets... that dont actually intercept as much as people make out...... and now gets a perma celerity thats instant cast :clap:and more love for the kiddie realm nice one shitic ;x and have you actually tried all 3 realms recently chief? with a fully toa'd ml'd char?

its not really going to be perma celerity. 350range still sucks crap, root, mez, stun on the non stoicsm pala will interupt that quite badly. Its only a 8sec dur too unlike the 1000 range 20sec dur aug healer celerity ... who pay the price of it being castable.

A split tank train wont benefit from it, a group with the pala bg'ing at the back (or even middle) won't benefit from it, pala will turn into a pure stick the MA bot for groups that demand celerity.

And yes ive played all 3 realms with toa'd chars recently ty. The reason why you don't see many palas out in rvr at the moment is cos they dont bring enough to a group to warrent a spot on alb. In a lot of groups I think this will still be the case, only heavy tank groups will *need* a pala.

I mean if you take a group setup for melee, so

cleric, cleric, sorc (basic must have support)
merc reaver/merc pala (somewhat light melee)

then only 2 spots left. Do you take a 2nd pala for bg? A friar? A cabalist? A theurgist? A 2nd sorc? Another tank? A wow ive got grey NS wizard? (27spec in earth for the green NS is bullshit as noone will have it, need 47 in fire for top dd which leaves 26 earth ...)

So many classes with an argument for a spot, I'd probably go cab + friar ... but then does the dps of the 2 tanks raise enough by having a celerity pala in group to offset the loss of a 3rd caster (sorc/cab/theurg) ? I'm not so sure it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom