1.81c aka Tank love

A

Aoln

oh no, 2 classes casters cant insta kill, run to the hills and cry !

/peranewbmodeoff

Dorimor1

Banned
Its quite funny to see some casters cry now that they can't kill tanks in ~5 secs

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
hmm how are you exactly gonna kite a pure tank that can get up to 90% resists, charged up and can sprint more than you do????

since when does heavy tanks get charge?
also you should be able to sprint just as much as the tank if you have the same amount of lw and same end reg :)

with out the shout and the best tier resists (not that often when it comes to body resist for mid/alb) a heavy tank can get 65% resists to magic damage

for every 100 dmg its only 15 less dmg then before, mean if you would had done 800 dmg you now do 120 less dmg then before.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If it ends up only being for heavy tanks I have no problem with it, poor Arsemen need alot of lub.

Listerine

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
About fucking time heavy tanks got some love. WTG Mythic.

Now let's see them fix magic damage so spell damage reduces with cast speed, just like melee damage.

try playing a caster in rvr these days, charging light tanks on 90sec timer,
det5 heavy tanks, Banelord abilities interuption and now u wanna lower the dps of caster with their cast speed... hmmmm :eek6:

rolling a tank

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Gamah said:
It may just be me, but this seems like crap fluff..its gonna be overpowered in the right set up but again mythic have skipped addressing the CORE issues and gone around it by adding extra shite.

Stuff like giving climb walls to tanks for 30 seconds...anycaster is just gonna bitch slap any tank they see climbing up a wall.

Mid groups who pretty much all run with a warrior = more skillgard
Hib groups who have no space for a hero normally = loosing dps (bm/caster) for the CC shit
Albs = just fucked, already dont have enough spaces to fill up a group with the required abilities.

Mythic should address heavy tank situation in a different way. NOt adding extra shit, but for example giving warriors/heros/arms det/charge (not sure which one they get)..etc.

true, for me though its a massive boost, anything that helps me fight all the skilled sorcs/cabas/SMs et al that run around near insta killing anything that moves just because they have spent a few hours in toa, is a good thing :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
god i love caster whine, makes me all warm inside.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
you are so ignorant Maniac, read through the topic but i try to light a match in the darkness:

Dude, his sole fucking point was that for resistance buffs/new abilities you dont have to spend realm ability points on (also known as RA points) thus you are not sacrificing anything to get them.
Pera said:
You can still get those buffs for free due to the fact that you don't pay or spend RPs for them.

Dont you find it retarded to argue about something that you have easy-permanent access to?

btw pming someone to buff you is free, if you dont count the energy needed to move your fingers or <insert random bullshit here>

midgard: no grps goes off without a shaman or aug healer
albion: no grp goes off without a cleric, most run with a friar
hibernia: no grps goes off without a druid, most run with a warden

if you idle in grp while somebody else builds it and tells the buffer to buff... shocker here! ---> YOU GET IT FOR FREE! OMG ?:D

seriously, were you just pissing with Pera or wadda faak? :p

Atleast your posts kinda gave me that idea.... soz if not ofc xDDD

I'm happy for the changes (well with most of it atleast), only thing i dont like is that Skillgard getting the best out of it... again. Maybe hibs can insert a hero into grp, but albs on toa server? like how... oh well :<

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
every tank should get charge.

and warriors need a bow instead of thowring knives :p

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Ok this is a tiny bit over the top imo. They needed some help yes, but all this ?

Time to fix wizzies too now then, they're the 'heavy dmg dealers' of the casters (though they're dmg is not that heavy compared to other casters).

If armsmen get the ability to take as much dmg as possible with these fixes, as well as increase the dmg taking of their group then give, then give wizards the ability to deal more dmg on more targets or something. They made it pretty clear that they don't wanne give em utility as they em as a high dmg only class that doesn't need utility.

bottler said:
every tank should get charge.

You're insane.

Nightrider

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh... Finaly i might get a group in the not so distant (half a year?) future... :drink:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I don't understand the whines, first off this is only patch C which suggest there will be more classes that will be adjusted probably and (from an Alb point of view) Armsman needed some serious help.
I don't have an Armsman myself but I know they are about as rare as a Necro in a RvR group.
Just wait what all the other patches after C will bring before jumping to conclusions that something is going to be horrible overpowered.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
If these patch notes r real thats uber..

But id rather they gave pallys some love. Cmon our shitty chants and low range Endurance chant dont make up for the piss poor dmg we do in melee

im not asking like SAVAGE POWAH!! but a little boost would be nice lol

Leahc

Fledgling Freddie
Tank classes needed a boost, but it is typical for Mythic to exaggerate when boosting and nerfing. I have a feeling this is some kind of panic solution because of player base size on us servers.

Pera said:
... almost all the midgard classes have twice the utility of their counterparts.

Hmm .. hope that was a bad joke. :twak:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
no really.. boost pallys too.. Q_Q

Say um.. no double speccing :p , its not like 2handed pallys would hit much harder on thier current dmg table

Or give us a duration boost on resists , its hard enuf to twist without running out of endurance after 4 twists <even with red-end while styling too> make em last 15 secs b4 running out or something

oh and did i mention Dmg tables :)

Mind u this does make me want to roll a huge mofo polearm ogre now but well see.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
at the end of the day its a start, whether its to much of a boost or not time will tell, we dont know if the resists will stack with castable resists and we dont know if the abs will stack with warlord toys etc. as someone above pointed out, this is only part C of the patch, other classes may well end up getting a boost, or indeed a nerf.
A game with so many classes having only a hand full that are actually worth taking in a FG is stupid, hopefully this is a step towards the point where most if not all classes are viable.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
nice to see armsmen getting love, first char I ever created (was also my beta char) and levelled up to 50, took me over 1 year...but I've played him very little after lvl 50 cause I felt like useless compared to a paladin...I deleted my armsman + sorc to roll a Skald (which is a lot more fun to play than an armsman) but if these changes came earlier I wouldn't have deleted my armsman for sure...anyway, think I'll consider re-opening my account after 1.81 gets released on EU and maybe I'll make a warrior after I'm finished with the Skald ;)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
btw, just give casters base parry and evade I to compensate (and make it non-affectable by dexterity or any other stat if it's needed...so that you've always got 5% chance to parry and 5% chance to evade..just like the DF necyomancer mobs ;))

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
seriously, were you just pissing with Pera or wadda faak? :p

Atleast your posts kinda gave me that idea.... soz if not ofc xDDD

[19:13:55] <Mani-> man I´m on a flame mode today

yeah ;)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I don't know what to say. Some people complaining about Armsmen getting love.

I suggest to join some reality-check-group now.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
You should see the whole thing. Not just Caster vs. Tanks. What do we have here? A Multiplayer Game. In a Multiplayer Game you usually play in Groups. (Or Zergs in Daoc). You can solo if you want aswell BUT this Game isn't made for Soloers. Heavy Tanks are meant to protect (Guard, Intercept,etc) their Groupmembers and to deal alot Damage alongside the Light Tanks. So it isn't only the Heavy Tanks who benefit from those Changes......Casters aswell.....

If you want to solo then it is your Problem and you have to live with it. Some Classes are better at it and some shouldnt go out without a Group! xD

I play a Hero and the last thing i would do with him atm is soloing because he sucks at it. No Speed, No Range, no damage. :clap:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Personally I see this as another patch that is taking this game back in the right direction, it looks as if Mythic are finally getting the message and trying to remedy 2 years of useless patch after patch.

Steveh

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
Hmm not so sure about the 15% magic resists. So your average tank will be running at 50-60% Magic resists on a given night of RvR. Considering they are getting 10% hp increase which is about (200-300) more HPs and casters can only get up to 30% melee resists, its a little bit over the top...

Let's see now... My nukes on average hit about 460-510 (Depending on relics) to a target that has 26% magic resists. Add that to 15% more from the patch and 10% from the CL, plus racials and resist buffs = 50+ more resists. So my nukes (229 delve) will hit a heavy tank for about 338 (-338)

A Heavy tank has anywhere between 2500-3000k hps. So it would take me anywhere between 7-10 DDs to kill a tank whereas in return they can 2-3 shot me. Something seems not right here...

look my signature mate . full sc armsmen with rr10 behind.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Icebreaker said:
I play a Hero and the last thing i would do with him atm is soloing because he sucks at it. No Speed, No Range, no damage. :clap:

wrong, if you build to solo, a heavy tank is a lot of fun and can be very effective

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom